"nycfc Do Not Have A 3 Year Deal At Yankee Stadium" - Reyna

Yeah, I think this was kind of addressed at the actual Yankee Stadium launch - at least, the question was put to the delegates and a slightly vague answer was given. It was my interpretation that NYCFC currently has a one-year deal with the option to renew as many times as they and the Yankees are happy to agree. In other words, unless the Yankees really get sick of NYCFC using their stadium, they're happy to let City play there until such a time as a proper stadium is ready. Since a few reports suggested that club timelines for the completion of a stadium are at around 2018, journalists simply morphed that into a story saying that the Yankee Stadium deal is set for three seasons.

Yeah, I think this was kind of addressed at the actual Yankee Stadium launch - at least, the question was put to the delegates and a slightly vague answer was given. It was my interpretation that NYCFC currently has a one-year deal with the option to renew as many times as they and the Yankees are happy to agree. In other words, unless the Yankees really get sick of NYCFC using their stadium, they're happy to let City play there until such a time as a proper stadium is ready. Since a few reports suggested that club timelines for the completion of a stadium are at around 2018, journalists simply morphed that into a story saying that the Yankee Stadium deal is set for three seasons.

To be accurate, NYT report stated as much. My sources always told me year to year (http://www.empireofsoccer.com/yankee-stadium-westchester-24813/). Nevertheless, it's the first time a club official has been clear about that report.

Reactions: Goodfella
uh oh, we got EOS all up in here

46357045.jpg

As I recall it Levine just said something like.. As long as necessary, no specific time was given

I think launch season is a trial run. If everything goes smoothly then the Yankees will allow them to stay as long as they need to. If not, well that's whole other can of worms...

Reactions: Dave Martinez
Funny the same people talking about how 3 years at YS was a tragedy are now appalled that the club hasn't committed to 3 years

Reactions: einwindir
What is the problem ? The Yankees said that the NYCFC will play at Yankee Stadium until there will be the new sss. Therefore technically it isn’t exactly 3 years !!!
Why EOS wishes ALWAYS the negative aspect about the NYCFC even when it doesn't exist ?
Why EOS isn't bothered about the RIDICOLOUS attendances of NJ Red Bulls and Cosmos in this season ?

how come EOS has not mentioned how Cosmos give away free tickets to get people to games. for the record, I have nothing against the Cosmos franchise, I wish them well and much success as they have as much to do with NYC FC as the LI Ducks have to do with the NY Mets or Yankees....there is no shame in that, if Hofstra was not a major pain in the ass to get to by public transit, I'd go to games...as I think soccer on all levels in NY needs as much support as it can get....it's some of the holier than thou Cosmos fans who tend to be tiresome.

Reactions: Section1Guy
how come EOS has not mentioned how Cosmos give away free tickets to get people to games. for the record, I have nothing against the Cosmos franchise, I wish them well and much success as they have as much to do with NYC FC as the LI Ducks have to do with the NY Mets or Yankees....there is no shame in that, if Hofstra was not a major pain in the ass to get to by public transit, I'd go to games...as I think soccer on all levels in NY needs as much support as it can get....it's some of the holier than thou Cosmos fans who tend to be tiresome.
It isn't reported because it isn't news. Every sports teams bar a select few give away some portion of tickets. I am certain that every MLS team does it that isn't selling out its stadium consistently. I know that the Red Bulls do ticket giveaways. I am sure NYCFC will do it as well.

RBNY attendance has been good for the most part so I cant attack that ... as I have in the past (and I have -- quite vocally).

Cosmos attendance? I think the first real sign of a problem came this weekend against Indy. Every other game had built in excuses - weather, bad scheduling - but Saturday was inexcusable. If you follow my Twitter (and you should! It's great!), you will see I called out that terrible attendance.

It will also be addressed in short order, when I have the details I want for it (for instance, no clue they were giving away free tix).

The lack of a piece about something today doesn't mean there won't be one coming.

What is the problem ? The Yankees said that the NYCFC will play at Yankee Stadium until there will be the new sss. Therefore technically it isn’t exactly 3 years !!!
Why EOS wishes ALWAYS the negative aspect about the NYCFC even when it doesn't exist ?
Why EOS isn't bothered about the RIDICOLOUS attendances of NJ Red Bulls and Cosmos in this season ?

As for you, the reporting on EOS remains unbiased. Some editorials have taken aim at NYCFC ... but our writers have gone after the Cosmos (http://www.empireofsoccer.com/empire-what-cosmos-25329/) and even RBNY (too many articles to cite).

Without tooting our own horn, EOS has been at the forefront of NYCFC NEWS, breaking the story on the badge creation, beating the Yankees Stadium home story days before anyone else (http://www.empireofsoccer.com/yankee-stadium-westchester-24813/) amongst a PLETHORA of other pieces and articles.

As some can attest to, I have no horse in this race. My aim on EOS is to breathe life into the professional New York soccer scene. We do that with breaking stories and biting opinions.

Reyna's admission is the first CLEAR CUT evidence against the NYT article. It is news. It deserved space.

Reactions: DiRoma
In Spain, Italy and the U.K fans argue constantly about what "agenda" certain media sources always got.. It´s actually a bit funny.
It Spain in particular the sport papers are firmly in either the Barca or Real Madrid camp it seems.

Trying to cater for everyone will not be easy @EoS :D

In Spain, Italy and the U.K fans argue constantly about what "agenda" certain media sources always got.. It´s actually a bit funny.
It Spain in particular the sport papers are firmly in either the Barca or Real Madrid camp it seems.

Trying to cater for everyone will not be easy @EoS :D

You telling me?! Just ask our boy Daniel Royster how many times he has flipped back and forth on me the past few months LOL.

It's all part of the job -- and I love it. Hopefully, you all do as well.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
RBNY attendance has been good for the most part so I cant attack that ... as I have in the past (and I have -- quite vocally).

Cosmos attendance? I think the first real sign of a problem came this weekend against Indy. Every other game had built in excuses - weather, bad scheduling - but Saturday was inexcusable. If you follow my Twitter (and you should! It's great!), you will see I called out that terrible attendance.

It will also be addressed in short order, when I have the details I want for it (for instance, no clue they were giving away free tix).

The lack of a piece about something today doesn't mean there won't be one coming.

As for you, the reporting on EOS remains unbiased. Some editorials have taken aim at NYCFC ... but our writers have gone after the Cosmos (http://www.empireofsoccer.com/empire-what-cosmos-25329/) and even RBNY (too many articles to cite).

Without tooting our own horn, EOS has been at the forefront of NYCFC NEWS, breaking the story on the badge creation, beating the Yankees Stadium home story days before anyone else (http://www.empireofsoccer.com/yankee-stadium-westchester-24813/) amongst a PLETHORA of other pieces and articles.

As some can attest to, I have no horse in this race. My aim on EOS is to breathe life into the professional New York soccer scene. We do that with breaking stories and biting opinions.

Reyna's admission is the first CLEAR CUT evidence against the NYT article. It is news. It deserved space.

Sorry, but the Reyna's new is a NO NEW OR AN OLD NEW : http://soccer.si.com/2014/04/21/nycfc-new-york-city-fc-yankee-stadium/

Ya I was there when Levine made those remarks. It was a complete dodge. He didnt deny the report fully. Just dodged.

Yes and he said that the NYCFC will play in Yankee Stadium from 2015 until their new stadium is completed. Therefore the New York City FC will play at Yankee Stadium for at least 3 years.
I think that will not there be problems with the Yankees season : in fact the playoff of the MLB will be in October and Reyna said that the NYCFC can play the last games of the MLS regualr season away and to put in another month only home games. Moreover if the NYCFC will do the playoff ( in November ) will not be problems because the World Series of the MLB will be already finished.

P.S. I hope that also these important news will be put on your great site to dismiss other confusion.
Thank you