Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
We have an opportunity to get credentials for NYCFC press events. I think it would be great if we took advantage of this.
Neither of us admins have the means to participate. Whether it be location or obligations to other job or whatever else.
I'm asking if any members with a vast knowledge of MLS/Football are interested.
We'd be in regular communication and work together with coordinating for events. Can be multiple people.
I'd open a new press section where you can give us a rundown of events, quotes, pics, video etc after the fact.

But knowledge here is key. Someone who after a game can speak with Vieira regarding tactical changes and ask strategic questions. Not simply, 'we looked great. What did you do different?'

Also this wouldn't be a free pass to talk to players. They are very strict in regard to media-player relations. Zero tolerance for selfies/autographs lol.

Not something we have to do but I figured if anyone here wanted the opportunity and has the knowledge we can work together and bring a new perspective to the forums.

Wow. Wish I had the experience or the ability to do such a thing. What an opportunity. Great chance to bring exclusive content to the site.

We have an opportunity to get credentials for NYCFC press events. I think it would be great if we took advantage of this.
Neither of us admins have the means to participate. Whether it be location or obligations to other job or whatever else.
I'm asking if any members with a vast knowledge of MLS/Football are interested.
We'd be in regular communication and work together with coordinating for events. Can be multiple people.
I'd open a new press section where you can give us a rundown of events, quotes, pics, video etc after the fact.

But knowledge here is key. Someone who after a game can speak with Vieira regarding tactical changes and ask strategic questions. Not simply, 'we looked great. What did you do different?'

Also this wouldn't be a free pass to talk to players. They are very strict in regard to media-player relations. Zero tolerance for selfies/autographs lol.

Not something we have to do but I figured if anyone here wanted the opportunity and has the knowledge we can work together and bring a new perspective to the forums.

Dan,

If I lived in NYC, I would jump on this. As a former pro-b-ball player (1 season in Europe), and former college soccer player, with friends who used to be in MLS and friends that are currently working in sports media here in Tampa (620), needless to say I am not the type that gets overwhelmed by other athletes. If there was ever an opportunity to do something down south here in Florida, I would be interested, as I am sure you will be as well. Anyway that I can help. Let me know. Cheers.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Dan,

If I lived in NYC, I would jump on this. As a former pro-b-ball player (1 season in Europe), and former college soccer player, with friends who used to be in MLS and friends that are currently working in sports media here in Tampa (620), needless to say I am not the type that gets overwhelmed by other athletes. If there was ever an opportunity to do something down south here in Florida, I would be interested, as I am sure you will be as well. Anyway that I can help. Let me know. Cheers.
Didn't even realize you're in Tampa! We'll have to grab a cold one and watch a game some day.
Also very awesome you played professionally. I played on my middle school basketball team and we went undefeated. Retired a winner.

I have a lot of experience photographing MLS soccer. I'd be super interested in photographing a game or two.

I have a lot of experience photographing MLS soccer. I'd be super interested in photographing a game or two.
Don't believe they'd allow on field stuff as their club photographers do that. This is more for game coverage and interviews.

Any other requirements besides knowledge of the league/sport and being in the NY area?

Whoa, I'm honored R roxfontaine.

There are many other knowledgeable, articulate posters on this board – it's the main reason I spend so much time here – but I'd definitely be interested in taking part in this.

I don't have any professional experience as a journalist, but I have been known to compile copious match reports for my recreational soccer club . Seriously though, I'm nuts about the game, football writing and our club, moderately obsessed about this forum, and would bust a gut to ensure that it's getting the kind of coverage it wants.

This sounds like an unpaid internship. Hmmm....
Haha kind of why I was looking for a few people. That way it's not like 1 person feeling obligated to attend things. And I definitely wouldn't want to pressure anyone into attending anything. If we skip events or post match its not a big deal.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Whoa, I'm honored R roxfontaine.

There are many other knowledgeable, articulate posters on this board – it's the main reason I spend so much time here – but I'd definitely be interested in taking part in this.

I don't have any professional experience as a journalist, but I have been known to compile copious match reports for my recreational soccer club . Seriously though, I'm nuts about the game, football writing and our club, moderately obsessed about this forum, and would bust a gut to ensure that it's getting the kind of coverage it wants.
Appreciate that! I'll keep this up another day or two then contact everyone that's interested.

I have done extensive economic and business research for various entities, some in the entertainment field. In fact, I have probably paid more attention to MLS and NYCFC from a business perspective over the years. If there were to be some type of media event which had a business of the club/league/sport focus, I think I could provide some valuable information for the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.