NYCFC Homecoming - 2018 City in the Community Event

Hivemind

Registered
Sep 11, 2017
Should Hivemind buy regular admission tickets for $300 or Supporters tickets for $100? Hivemind thinks he qualifies as a supporter. In fact his seats are in the Supporters Section for the 2018 season.

Upload me bro
giphy.gif

I think the most important thing I learned tonight was that Claudio Reyna personally told me that we wouldn't be signing a player like Fernando Torres during this summer even on a free transfer, when I asked him about it. Because guys like that won't take a level of salary that can be paid down below the DP line.

Well, gosh darn that sucks.

Maybe Khedira would be nice enough to take a pay cut for some bricks of Sheik Mansour gold.

arent like VIP tickets $1k? shit, might as well have pitchside seats. i would not be suprised if its the same people.

Hivemind never bought a ticket to this event. Hivemind will not say whether he donated to the charity or not because that’s personal. But Hivemind did log into Cityzens on the day of the event where he risked 100 points and was granted attendance a few hours later.

Can someone provide a general account of the event? From limited reports here and some Twitter posts, it sounds like the access and interactions were very good. How different was the VIP experience from the regular? How many players were there (nearly all)? How was the event structured, and so on?

Every player was there. Patrick was there. Claudio was there. Patricof was there. The total crowd was probably 100-150 people. All the guests were drinking. None of the players were drinking. It was a great chance to mingle. Access was great. We were all hanging at the same party. Hivemind had individual players make videos for each of his family members who weren’t there, and everyone was happy to do it.

The players were spread throughout the room(s) but there were a few groupings. The guys who don’t speak a lot of English (i.e., Herrera, Callens) were in one group. The Scandis were in another. But everyone was super approachable and friendly.

During the brief speeches (Patricof, Claudio, PV spoke) Hivemind was standing on the side of the room where most of the team was standing. Hivemind was right in the middle of the squad. Hive would post a 15 second video he took during that time but something technical about uploads and extensions is stopping even Hivemind from doing this.

The speeches were very short. Community, Fans, great win in KC. Rah rah.

There was no separation between players and guests except for outfits. The players were all wearing the same squad polo shirts. The heat in the room was turned up too high so they were lucky to be in short sleeves.

The Cityzens pass didn’t come with VIP access, but Hivemind believes that was just an extra half an hour at the start to hang with the team and fewer guests.

Hivemind spoke to most of the squad but Villa always had a large crowd around him so Hivemind didn’t bother. Hivemind’s best interactions were with Berget, Ring, Sweat, McNamara, Sands, Lewis, Awuah, Rawls, and Chanot.

Every player was there. Patrick was there. Claudio was there. Patricof was there. The total crowd was probably 100-150 people. All the guests were drinking. None of the players were drinking. It was a great chance to mingle. Access was great. We were all hanging at the same party. Hivemind had individual players make videos for each of his family members who weren’t there, and everyone was happy to do it.

The players were spread throughout the room(s) but there were a few groupings. The guys who don’t speak a lot of English (i.e., Herrera, Callens) were in one group. The Scandis were in another. But everyone was super approachable and friendly.

During the brief speeches (Patricof, Claudio, PV spoke) Hivemind was standing on the side of the room where most of the team was standing. Hivemind was right in the middle of the squad. Hive would post a 15 second video he took during that time but something technical about uploads and extensions is stopping even Hivemind from doing this.

The speeches were very short. Community, Fans, great win in KC. Rah rah.

There was no separation between players and guests except for outfits. The players were all wearing the same squad polo shirts. The heat in the room was turned up too high so they were lucky to be in short sleeves.

The Cityzens pass didn’t come with VIP access, but Hivemind believes that was just an extra half an hour at the start to hang with the team and fewer guests.

Hivemind spoke to most of the squad but Villa always had a large crowd around him so Hivemind didn’t bother. Hivemind’s best interactions were with Berget, Ring, Sweat, McNamara, Sands, Lewis, Awuah, Rawls, and Chanot.
Thanks for the write up.

Any interesting come up in conversation?

Did anybody get too hammered?

Scandal report please .