NYCFC II - General Discussion

NYCFCll will play a friendly match against Columbia University Men’s Soccer, April 6 at 4:30pm in honor to support John Denis’s fight vs primary mediastinal large B cell lymphoma, a cancer of the lymphatic.

This is a very good thing. Fight on, young man. Don't give in, don't give up, don't back down for a second. You can do it.

On a lighter note, I'm watching the Deuce take on Chattanooga at Belson, and there's a couple on what sounds like a fairly early date sitting right by the field mic. During slow stretches of play you can pick up their conversation. Hilarious.

We just drew level. Jonny Shore on a nice ball in from Baiera.

Rio Hope-Gund has been really, really good tonight, by the way. And come the time when Maxi Carrizo gets just a little bigger and stronger, look out. Greased lightning.

[Ed. note: The announcer kept calling Rio's name, but the official starting lineup had Jonathan Jiménez in that spot wearing 77. It sure looked like Rio Hope-Gund to me, but it was Jiménez's jersey number, and I didn't get a close enough look to see if there were any tattoos on his left arm -- Hope-Gund has some work -- or read the name on the back for a positive ID. Soooo ... I dunno. 🤷‍♂️]

Last edited:
This is a very good thing. Fight on, young man. Don't give in, don't give up, don't back down for a second. You can do it.

On a lighter note, I'm watching the Deuce take on Chattanooga at Belson, and there's a couple on what sounds like a fairly early date sitting right by the field mic. During slow stretches of play you can pick up their conversation. Hilarious.

We just drew level. Jonny Shore on a nice ball in from Baiera.

Rio Hope-Gund has been really, really good tonight, by the way. And come the time when Maxi Carrizo gets just a little bigger and stronger, look out. Greased lightning.

[Ed. note: The announcer kept calling Rio's name, but the official starting lineup had Jonathan Jiménez in that spot wearing 77. It sure looked like Rio Hope-Gund to me, but it was Jiménez's jersey number, and I didn't get a close enough look to see if there were any tattoos on his left arm -- Hope-Gund has some work -- or read the name on the back for a positive ID. Soooo ... I dunno. 🤷‍♂️]
According to HRB, it was Jonathan Jiménez. So, either the announcer got it wrong or Rio Hope-Gund was wearing JJ's jersey and fooled everyone. 😆

Yep, it's JJ. Rio has a tattoo on the back of his right arm. He wore #77 last season, so I think the announcer just had it wrong.

1711666378269.png

Last edited: