Nycfc On Twitter

They'll give a silk screen machine to just about anyone these days Dan, no respect lol.

It's just as absurd as Chelsea fans calling Frank a traitor when it was Mou who didn't extend his contract. Obviously its a minority but some would have been happier had he picked a team like West Ham. Weird.

They'll give a silk screen machine to just about anyone these days Dan, no respect lol.

It's just as absurd as Chelsea fans calling Frank a traitor when it was Mou who didn't extend his contract. Obviously its a minority but some would have been happier had he picked a team like West Ham. Weird.
Ashley Cole and Lampard were both offered contracts.

Ashley Cole and Lampard were both offered contracts.

The only source for that came from Mou and I remember when he was quoted it was clear to me he offered them deals that were sub par, if any were offered at all.

Personally, I don't believe Mou at all. This is what he said.

"
But while fellow Blues veteran John Terry put pen to paper on a new one-year deal, it appears both Lampard and Cole took the decision to move to pastures new, with Mourinho admitting they could have extended their stays in west London.

‘They were [offered new deals],’ the Chelsea boss revealed.

‘We were in this process until the end, but you arrive into a moment [where you ask] what’s the best for the team? What’s the best for the other players? What’s the best for them?"

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/02/chels...ered-new-deals-reveals-jose-mourinho-4819210/

As opposed to Frank saying the following one month later :

‘I would have obviously stayed if Chelsea had offered me another year. There was no reason for me to leave,’ he told the Sun.

‘Yes, I wanted to play a bit more regularly but I’m not stupid.

‘If Chelsea had given me a new contract it would have been mad not to take it at the time.

‘I had a chat with Jose Mourinho and both he and the club were always great with me. The decision was made – and I don’t know who made it.

‘I also felt like I didn’t want to be a player who faded away – with that being the last memory people had of me.

‘So maybe it was the right time. Maybe it was right that the club took it out of my hands.’ "

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/05/frank...yer-if-club-had-offered-new-contract-4857769/

Just a matter of who you believe. I think Mou has more to lose with the fans than Frank does, so he made up a lie about a contract extension.

Sure some of this is self imposed, but a lot is mainstream media pushing an agenda against the club. It feels like they needed a villain club and they are making it us. Grant Wahl in particular turns every bit of news into "NYCFC doing something bad again." When the Pernetti news was announced he tweeted:

This ignored the fact that Glick is HIGHLY qualified, and in many ways this was a normal business move. Hell, any other team this story isn't even news. Only later did he tweet:

Then they stadium rules issue he went with:

Completely missing the point that they are Yankee Stadium rules. Also ignoring that other dual use stadiums have similar rules for soccer (Gillette, Citrus Bowl).

I'm not sure why the club needs to apologize for bringing in a highly qualified new president and rules that they cannot fully control but he seems to think they should. For all the faults created by the team, a lot more are media creations.

Aside from the Lampard thing I don't really see what the issue is. They have done a lot of great things so far. The stadium restrictions are unfortunate but I could see all of that coming a mile away.

I love all the hatred, it will make it that much sweeter once we start winning. Bring it on.

Sure some of this is self imposed, but a lot is mainstream media pushing an agenda against the club. It feels like they needed a villain club and they are making it us. Grant Wahl in particular turns every bit of news into "NYCFC doing something bad again." When the Pernetti news was announced he tweeted:

This ignored the fact that Glick is HIGHLY qualified, and in many ways this was a normal business move. Hell, any other team this story isn't even news. Only later did he tweet:

Then they stadium rules issue he went with:

Completely missing the point that they are Yankee Stadium rules. Also ignoring that other dual use stadiums have similar rules for soccer (Gillette, Citrus Bowl).

I'm not sure why the club needs to apologize for bringing in a highly qualified new president and rules that they cannot fully control but he seems to think they should. For all the faults created by the team, a lot more are media creations.
Couldn't agree more! I'm not making any great revelation when I say the internet is infested with flaming assholes who should be mocked or ignored (that's why I don't and haven't surfed into certain sites in months). There are just to many imbeciles with agendas who are going to grasp at any bit of minutia and run with it, because being anti-NYCFC is what all the cool kids do. :rolleyes:

As an alleged professional you would think a guy like Wahl should/would know better, but the crap he just pulled shows me he has no more credibility than those brain dead a-holes that post on Big Soccer or EOS.

Those contradictory tweets regarding Pernetti/Glick are straight out of the Ralph Vacchiano School of Playing Both Sides Against The Middle and the tweet about the regs in Yankee Stadium while conveniently ignoring the fact those rules are not too dissimilar from practically every major arena in the country is absurd.

I sincerely hope when the time comes and this derp is looking for interviews/info from organization members/players of NYCFC he's told to fuck off.

Reactions: thesauerchise
He already is which is why he has it in for us. How dare we ignore such a big us soccer journalist?

Reactions: MDubya79
Multiple media guys especially the NYC based ones complain that it's impossible to reach anyone at the club. So since the club won't blow them and most of them are already red bull and cosmos fans, their "integrity" is kicked to the curb.

Yeah Dan Dickinson form Gothamist is pretty pissy about and also says he never hears form NYC fans, and only see them sometimes in reddit (where he is a mod for the r/mls sub).

I'm not sure what he has to be pissed about, we haven't even played a game yet.

I've been on twitter talking with Grant Wahl this morning and he insists that it wasn't his fault that picture was misleading.

This is the problem with Twitter journalist. Only in sports reporting can a reporter be constantly wrong and no one says a thing.

Gab Marcotti already retracted the pic and deleted it.

Well, when the club was lying to everyone NYCFCWatch was carrying their water and acting like their media arm, while Wahl actually tried to dig up the facts. Which, I remind you, the club lied about for six months.

But yeah, Wahl is unprofessional and biased. Let's go with that.
Yeah but he is going to far and most people who are liked or covering NYCFC are turning on him very quickly. Everyone was happy for him when he for the Fox Sports job but he is taking he for being bitchy about NYC and he doesn't seem to be taking it well.

Yeah but he is going to far and most people who are liked or covering NYCFC are turning on him very quickly. Everyone was happy for him when he for the Fox Sports job but he is taking he for being bitchy about NYC and he doesn't seem to be taking it well.
This isn't comprehensible.

This isn't comprehensible.

He is taking heat form fans for editorializing and focusing on negative aspects of what NYC has been up to he isn't the only he is just first one to take it out on a small timer blogger like @nycfcwatch

He is taking heat form fans for editorializing and focusing on negative aspects of what NYC has been up to he isn't the only he is just first one to take it out on a small timer blogger like @nycfcwatch

Well that I get, and it's exactly what I disputed in my prior post. Wahl reported straight up on NYCFC and MLS stupidity and lies when hacks like NYCFCWatch were making excuses for it. Unlike Wahl I didn't block NYCFCWatch - I block almost nobody - but I did unfollow him weeks ago because NYCFCWatch criticized fans who complained about Lampard and the fraud and ran interference for the fraudsters. He's clearly decided his brand is based on NYCFC succeeding and he's basically running PR for them.
If the soccer press is filled with folks like that NYCFC will just keep lying and doing it as much as they can get away with it. Folks like Wahl will help keep them a bit more honest in the future. And fans who resent that are shooting themselves in the foot.

Reactions: einwindir
Well that I get, and it's exactly what I disputed in my prior post. Wahl reported straight up on NYCFC and MLS stupidity and lies when hacks like NYCFCWatch were making excuses for it. Unlike Wahl I didn't block NYCFCWatch - I block almost nobody - but I did unfollow him weeks ago because NYCFCWatch criticized fans who complained about Lampard and the fraud and ran interference for the fraudsters. He's clearly decided his brand is based on NYCFC succeeding and he's basically running PR for them.
If the soccer press is filled with folks like that NYCFC will just keep lying and doing it as much as they can get away with it. Folks like Wahl will help keep them a bit more honest in the future. And fans who resent that are shooting themselves in the foot.
And that is fine and we will boo the people responsible for it and I'm not someone who will defend nycfcwatch cause I this agree with how ok he was with Lampard situation cause how it help Man City. But it is also ok to rip Grant Wahl when he is being a douche and as he is soccer journalist he needs to 1) see why we are doing it & 2) either be able to take or do his job better without the editorial “look how bad these guys are” because he has a vendetta.

Reactions: Gene and BxLio91