Nycfc On Twitter

Sure some of this is self imposed, but a lot is mainstream media pushing an agenda against the club. It feels like they needed a villain club and they are making it us. Grant Wahl in particular turns every bit of news into "NYCFC doing something bad again." When the Pernetti news was announced he tweeted:

This ignored the fact that Glick is HIGHLY qualified, and in many ways this was a normal business move. Hell, any other team this story isn't even news. Only later did he tweet:

Then they stadium rules issue he went with:

Completely missing the point that they are Yankee Stadium rules. Also ignoring that other dual use stadiums have similar rules for soccer (Gillette, Citrus Bowl).

I'm not sure why the club needs to apologize for bringing in a highly qualified new president and rules that they cannot fully control but he seems to think they should. For all the faults created by the team, a lot more are media creations.
I think one major part of saying citris bowl has the same rules, is that those are the rules for the stadium. Not supporters section. The rules that were posted for nycfc specifically stated the supporters section

Apparently Wahl just spoke to new NYCFC press rep, who told him the stadium rules are fluid. He must be happy NYCFC reps are talking to him.

Reactions: SayWhat44
I wish they'd shut him out. Wouldn't be much different from before. Now his ego is going to be bloated even more.

dude hated chivas usa and now that they are dead he wants to focus his hate towards nycfc cuz nycfc "its kinda like chivasusa" in terms of ownership.

Apparently Wahl just spoke to new NYCFC press rep, who told him the stadium rules are fluid. He must be happy NYCFC reps are talking to him.

All of the NYCFC hate can probably be traced to the media's dislike of NYCFC's press handling to date. As soon as this new NYC press messages their egos and gives them some bread crumbs, watch the press turn around.

Reactions: BxLio91
All of the NYCFC hate can probably be traced to the media's dislike of NYCFC's press handling to date...
Well if that's the case, it's an unnecessary and completely self inflicted problem. The club didn't know that media relations are important? Sounds incredibly naive for an organization that has to contend with the English press on a regular basis. The club is trying to have its cake and eat it too- court the media to give them all kinds of positive publicity, but then refuse to answer (or even acknowledge) the tougher questions. Of course there will be blowback from journalists, what did they expect? Let's hope Glick implements a smarter strategy for press relations.

Reactions: Paul and Goodfella
Well if that's the case, it's an unnecessary and completely self inflicted problem. The club didn't know that media relations are important? Sounds incredibly naive for an organization that has to contend with the English press on a regular basis. The club is trying to have its cake and eat it too- court the media to give them all kinds of positive publicity, but then refuse to answer (or even acknowledge) the tougher questions. Of course there will be blowback from journalists, what did they expect? Let's hope Glick implements a smarter strategy for press relations.
NYC already has a new "press team".

I don't disagree with any of this.

Fluid can also be a negative thing. No drums. No noise. It will be like a tennis match, only sound when something exciting happens.

Why do people need drums to create noise? I've been to plenty of games without a drum in sight and they all had a great atmosphere. Good singing will go farther than any drum, or those god awful plastic horns.

^ this 100%.

But then again, there are plenty of clubs that do allow drums, but only those that are played in an organized fashion to add to the atmosphere and not distract from it.

I like the way NYCFC twitter responded to this. Yeah I see the #sarcasm, but it is still a pretty tasteless joke. Backheel responded by saying "but we want NYCFC to succeed"... by taking cheap shots every chance they get. Further proof that the media has it out for NYCFC.

This is something a deranged Cosmos fan would tweet, but it has become the norm for the media. Shows the need for supporting NYCFC-centric media... blogs, forums, podcasts, etc.

Reactions: Gentile
I like the way NYCFC twitter responded to this. Yeah I see the #sarcasm, but it is still a pretty tasteless joke. Backheel responded by saying "but we want NYCFC to succeed"... by taking cheap shots every chance they get. Further proof that the media has it out for NYCFC.

This is something a deranged Cosmos fan would tweet, but it has become the norm for the media. Shows the need for supporting NYCFC-centric media... blogs, forums, podcasts, etc.
Exactly. Stop responding to them, don't give them page views or podcast listens. Shut them out completely. Once our fan base grows even more and the message is spread about those "media" guys who constantly go after us, they'll change their tune. They need NYCFC and their fans more than the other way around.

It's funny, don't see any of the old mls bloggers network make 'jokes' about phil anschutz and his politics. But the sun shines out of the Galaxy's ass. There would not be a league if not for him, so let's not mention his politics eh.

Hypocrites. And this guy from Backheel supposedly has NYCFC season tickets! You couldn't make it up lol!

Exactly. Stop responding to them, don't give them page views or podcast listens. Shut them out completely. Once our fan base grows even more and the message is spread about those "media" guys who constantly go after us, they'll change their tune. They need NYCFC and their fans more than the other way around.
Exactly. NYCFC will be the biggest media entity in MLS easily. Simply because of ownership and New York. Won't need them really. The international focus on the team will be unmatched. Saw Fifa tweet about transfers from around the world yesterday and what MLS team did they show?
NYCFC. Not Toronto, not RBNY.
The first home game and Lampards debut will have journalists from around the world in attendance. Only the Galaxy will possibly match that. So F em. NYCFCwon't need them lol

Reactions: Kubah
Out of curiosity, what are the human rights abuses that Sheikh Monsour has perpetrated? I tried to look it up a little, but I don't see anything he has personally done. Is he guilty by association? is it an anti-muslim thing? I don;t see where that allegation comes from.

Out of curiosity, what are the human rights abuses that Sheikh Monsour has perpetrated? I tried to look it up a little, but I don't see anything he has personally done. Is he guilty by association? is it an anti-muslim thing? I don;t see where that allegation comes from.

Mansour is Deputy PM of the UAE, where homosexuality is a capital offence. Whether the facts that Mansour was not the one who implemented this policy, that his religion demands it and that he would quite conceivably be lynch-mobbed to death if he were to propose changing said law are relevant or not depends on your viewpoint.