Nycfc Sign Shay Facey (on Loan) And Pablo Alvarez

Facey is a good signing. This pleases me. :D

I'm guessing Alvarez is a bone they're tossing to Villa.

And as an unimportant side note it seems to me that the Daily News is going to be the newspaper of record as far as NYCFC is concerned. The Post is running articles on the Red Bulls (wonder what they did to piss off Brian Lewis? :rolleyes: ) and the Times isn't doing much of anything.

Last edited:
Alvarez makes sense - Villa, as team captain, will need some eyes and ears on the bench to better manage team morale.

Regarding Facey - It's only a six month loan. He will go back to England in time for their fall start, rather than finishing the year in New York. Ouch. That's probably a big reason why Kreis suddenly cooled of on wanting to loan anyone.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Alvarez makes sense - Villa, as team captain, will need some eyes and ears on the bench to better manage team morale.

Regarding Facey - It's only a six month loan. He will go back to England in time for their fall start, rather than finishing the year in New York. Ouch. That's probably a big reason why Kreis suddenly cooled of on wanting to loan anyone.

Aka cover the back line until we bring in a DP defender in summer window

Alvarez hosts killer tapas parties. And his stash of under-appreciated Riojas is not to be trifled with, even in its reduced-incarnation here in his micro-apartment, which is all I would guess he can afford because surely we gave that guy a nano-contract.

Also stated neither verified by the club but the dude who wrote the article is actually in Charleston right now so I'm sure it was leaked to him.

Facey is a good signing. This pleases me. :D

I'm guessing Alvarez is a bone they're tossing to Villa.

And as an unimportant side note it seems to me that the Daily News is going to be the newspaper of record as far as NYCFC is concerned. The Post is running articles on the Red Bulls (wonder what they did to piss off Brian Lewis? :rolleyes: ) and the Times isn't doing much of anything.
Stefan Bondy seems to have the inside track with NYCFC press relations

Signing Facey is great news, organizes the defence well and will probably be a starter based on pre-season performances, he can also cover right-back too which is always useful.

Alvarez hasn't been particularly impressive in pre-season, but he is a tidy player and will offer potentially valuable depth, plus if he keeps Villa happy then it's all good in my book.

I wrote this tidbit article in January stating that Facey would be loaned for 6 months and could be loaned for upwards of 12 months.

And a couple days later you wrote this:

Through a reliable source, I have found out that Shay Facey is recovering from an injury and is benefiting from NYCFC's preseason camp to fulfill this recovery. A loan is still a possibility but it was never the intention when he arrived in Jacksonville.

http://nycfcwatch.sportsblog.com/posts/1710951/wednesday_wrap_up.html