2018 Roster Discussion

You’re saying he’s never gotten caught before? He’s also scored on breakaways but I can say you’re choosing to ignore that too
Now you’re putting words in my mouth.

Go read the endless amounts of scientific papers and studies on diminishing speed with age. Until then, your opinion that he hasn’t lost any speed at his age is farcical and not even arguable. I’m not the first person to even discuss it, because the forum noticed it en mass earlier this year.

Reactions: Kjbert
Now you’re putting words in my mouth.

Go read the endless amounts of scientific papers and studies on diminishing speed with age. Until then, your opinion that he hasn’t lost any speed at his age is farcical and not even arguable. I’m not the first person to even discuss it, because the forum noticed it en mass earlier this year.
To be clear I was just reciprocating the “you actively choose to ignore it”

Also don’t think anyone needs science to know people slow down with age, it’s common sense. My point was as of now I don’t think it’s been a real issue and I haven’t noticed it thus far. So unless you have the data to show otherwise we are both just playing the eye test.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Exactly. So why would you pay a guy $6 Million for 20 appearances then?
Midas articulated it pretty well. Your position has alot of faith in our club to be willing to splash cash to replace Villa when all club actions basically since the Pirlo signing has shown the club being reluctant to splash cash on anything.

Midas articulated it pretty well. Your position has alot of faith in our club to be willing to splash cash to replace Villa when all club actions basically since the Pirlo signing has shown the club being reluctant to splash cash on anything.

So then your position is he would take a pay cut to come back?

I think paying Villa $2 Million to come back and be a DP would be a slap in he face to fans