Nycfc Signs New Goalkeeper From Mcfc Academy

Dont know if this has been posted but nycfc signs Eirik Johanson, 22, from Man City to add some depth behind "Wall Street" Saunders.

My apologies if this has been posted somewhere else

Or they decided the injury risk isn't worth it
They knew he has a history, so maybe he has the talent. But given what they had to do to get just a loan. Red bull don't want to make a deal. So they went and got this kid.in case JS goes down. Or they will ride the hot hand.

This guy kind of sucks based on what I've seen. I'd rather go sign Cody Cropper if we're burning cap room. Or even Brad Friedel, who even at 48000 years old moves like a waterbug compared to Lurch.

This move stinks like one meant to shift money elsewhere. This kid isn't even close to MLS starter level. Hell, we don't do much in the U.S., but we can sure as hell develop keepers. Every athletic endeavor we focus on is easily translatable to the position. It's not a coincidence. This move doesnt strike me as one for the benefit of our club. Hopefully, it's just one year.

This guy kind of sucks based on what I've seen. I'd rather go sign Cody Cropper if we're burning cap room. Or even Brad Friedel, who even at 48000 years old moves like a waterbug compared to Lurch.

This move stinks like one meant to shift money elsewhere. This kid isn't even close to MLS starter level. Hell, we don't do much in the U.S., but we can sure as hell develop keepers. Every athletic endeavor we focus on is easily translatable to the position. It's not a coincidence. This move doesnt strike me as one for the benefit of our club. Hopefully, it's just one year.
The difference? Ties to CFG and he's free.

Shifting money elsewhere? Do you really think Eirik Johansen is killing MCFC's books? There are plenty of real drawbacks to our relationship with MCFC, we don't need to manufacture them.

We got him for free, he's probably making peanuts, and he has some upside, even if he didn't look ready now.
Our starting goalie is getting older, and we have no long term replacement on the roster.

The worst thing about this move is that it takes up an international spot. But there is just about zero risk otherwise, why people are put off by the signing, I don't know.

Friedel is on $6m+ p/a

Shifting money elsewhere? Do you really think Eirik Johansen is killing MCFC's books? There are plenty of real drawbacks to our relationship with MCFC, we don't need to manufacture them.

We got him for free, he's probably making peanuts, and he has some upside, even if he didn't look ready now.
Our starting goalie is getting older, and we have no long term replacement on the roster.

The worst thing about this move is that it takes up an international spot. But there is just about zero risk otherwise, why people are put off by the signing, I don't know.
I'm not convinced this kid is any better than Akira. Hence why I'm perturbed.

The key factor is it takes up an international spot, which should NEVER be used in MLS on a keeper. Too many good americans to use a spot here. There has to be a deal coming soon involving one of our keepers. Selling high on Saunders (as much as I have liked him) makes a lot of business sense.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I honestly see him making his way straight to Wilmington. The Hammerheads only have two senior goalkeepers right now, and we now have four. It's commonly accepted wisdom that you have three GKs on your books for a season, so that you can always have one on the bench even if one gets injured. This is something that we can easily do, but something Wilmington right now cannot.

And? Your point other than your once a week passive aggressive disagreement with me is?
Not passive aggressive, don't know where you get that from. Why do you think a minimally expensive keeper is a waste of a foreign slot (which we weren't using despite trading for it) yet buying a washed up 3rd choice keeper is worth a designated player spot?

I honestly see him making his way straight to Wilmington. The Hammerheads only have two senior goalkeepers right now, and we now have four. It's commonly accepted wisdom that you have three GKs on your books for a season, so that you can always have one on the bench even if one gets injured. This is something that we can easily do, but something Wilmington right now cannot.
They just signed Rowls