Nycfc Signs New Goalkeeper From Mcfc Academy

Not passive aggressive, don't know where you get that from. Why do you think a minimally expensive keeper is a waste of a foreign slot (which we weren't using despite trading for it) yet buying a washed up 3rd choice keeper is worth a designated player spot?
Both are stupid. That was my point. That, and Friedel still moves better.

Both are stupid. That was my point. That, and Friedel still moves better.
Ok fair enough. I don't think we are wasting this foreign spot though as we already traded for it and didn't use it on anyone else.
I think we regret not picking up MacMath in the expansion draft. But (for now, anyway) I'm happy with Saunders

I think this is a great move, Saunders wont be inform forever, Meara will probably go back to NJ, and Fitzgerald will probably just be our #2 gk for us. Hopefully Eirik Johansson will be our goalkeeper for the future!
If you've watched him play, I'm not sure you can be that confident he's a long-term solution for us. Maybe he could play Open Cup, but it's not as if he's athletic and raw. Dude's a bit slooooow.

If you've watched him play, I'm not sure you can be that confident he's a long-term solution for us. Maybe he could play Open Cup, but it's not as if he's athletic and raw. Dude's a bit slooooow.
Yeah I remember now how slow he was in that friendly,I guess I was caught up in the fact he was straight from the man city academy,maybe he will turn out decent.