Nycfc To Play At Yankee Stadium For Three Years

Its not important whether he's liked or not and being an attorney he's probably used to conflict. EARTH SHATTERING STATEMENT that the 20% owners (not THE owners as he phrased it on twitter) are SHOCKINGLY more focused on baseball. Well of course they are anything else would be business suicide in their niche market of expertise.

Well I am excited if Yankee Stadium is our temporary home. At least it is not a football stadium or some college field. If you google the previous friendlies in the Bronx the players seem to be fine with the field conditions and the stadium is beautiful. Hopefully a SSS can get done within 3 years, but for now what's good for Pele is good for me.

Pele.jpg

One more thing, can we all agree.. no "wave"! Worst sporting tradition ever...

The money quote from your ownership group:

"Baseball is clearly our no.1 priority".

And no Gene, there are no negotiations going on whatsoever with the city on a permanent stadium. There is nothing happening. Zero.

The baseball team thinks baseball should be the No. 1 Priority at the baseball stadium. Shocking, Leo. Glad you pointed that out.

Of course, what you missed is that the Yankees had to tell people this won't interrupt baseball. That's the big thing about the 3 years. If, as you say (and I don't trust that the inner negotiations between MLS and NYC would be entrusted to the leader of a Cosmos supporters group, sorry Leo) there are no negotiations then a great way to get them started is to tell Yankee fans this is the three year deal is a great way to turn those Yankee supporters into big time cheerleaders for a new soccer stadium.

And seriously, who goes to another team's board to tell them their temporary stadium deal sucks? Do you have a family or a hobby or friends or something better to do?

Does anybody actually like this Leo Glickman character?
Leo's ok.

With that being said, this is nothing but another stake in your heart, isn't it Leo? As I've mentioned all you and a lot of other Cardboard Cosmos fans do is toss stuff against the wall in desperate hopes something sticks. You're grasping at straws and somebody ought to toss you a life preserver.

You know, temp stadium in Westchester! It's all set! Jack Bell says so! What? He pulled that out of thin air? Where's there's smoke there's fire, right?

There's no negotiations going on? LOL! Says who? Stover or O'Brien?

BTW, nice crowd out there at the lacrosse stadium yesterday.

Reactions: einwindir
I'm going to steer this conversation back a bit.

I attended the Manchester City vs Chelsea match that was hosted here last May. Below is the seating chart for that game. I agree that it wasn't the best viewing experience, but it was by far not the worst. I sat in section 231 and it was fine, but I guess those are good seats.

I think we can all suck it up for 3 years, pour our support into the team and make our voices heard.

If we have the ability to choose which side we get for our supporters section, I think we have to chose the right side. I think it makes the most sense. We could get the surrounding crowd involved with our chants and cheers. If we chose the other side, I think our voice would get lost a bit. Thoughts?

upload_2014-4-15_9-3-32.png

As much as I can't wait for NYCFC to start playing... anywhere... I am not thrilled about Yankee stadium. The layout of the park doesn't make for best soccer viewing experience, the upper levels are very cramped and the sound quality there is pretty terrible. Yankee stadium is also expensive, and parking there is unbelievably expensive ($40 at YS vs $10 at RBA), and I hope NYCFC tickets don't wind up costing what Yankee tickets cost.
That being said, I'm still looking forward to seeing them play wherever it is, and hopefully they'll have a location for a real stadium soon.

I doubt the ticket sales will be high. They do not have the luxury of an existing fan base, they need to develop one. That being said, people are more likely to attend the games if the tickets are lower.

I'll be interested to see if some provisions for temporary seating are made to fill in the gaps. It's one thing to leave the field alone for a one-off game, but for three years of games I wonder if they won't put something to allow for some closer seating.

I doubt the ticket sales will be high. They do not have the luxury of an existing fan base, they need to develop one. That being said, people are more likely to attend the games if the tickets are lower. (Can't seem to delete the duplicated post. Sorry)

The Yankees have 20+ championships, 100 Million+ payroll and 100 + years of existence. People go to Yankee Stadium just to go because it's an attraction in and of itself, especially if you like baseball at all. So yeah, I would expect ticket prices to be considerably cheaper than those for Yankee games.

Reactions: BToto920
To start off in one of America's prime sports venues isn't shabby at all, in any case, no matter what some haters say. And above all, it shows real commitment from the Yankees!

Last edited:
Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
I'm going to steer this conversation back a bit.

I attended the Manchester City vs Chelsea match that was hosted here last May. Below is the seating chart for that game. I agree that it wasn't the best viewing experience, but it was by far not the worst. I sat in section 231 and it was fine, but I guess those are good seats.

I think we can all suck it up for 3 years, pour our support into the team and make our voices heard.

If we have the ability to choose which side we get for our supporters section, I think we have to chose the right side. I think it makes the most sense. We could get the surrounding crowd involved with our chants and cheers. If we chose the other side, I think our voice would get lost a bit. Thoughts?

View attachment 100
I agree with you, our SG should be on the right side

Sorry. I meant on the right side of the picture, behind the goal.

It's better off having the SG on the first base line right behind the dugout. It's closer to the beach and these have actual seats. In left field there is a gap between the bleachers and the field because of the away bullpen. Plus left and right field are separated because of the Mohegan Sports bar

The money quote from your ownership group:

"Baseball is clearly our no.1 priority".

And no Gene, there are no negotiations going on whatsoever with the city on a permanent stadium. There is nothing happening. Zero.

That´s right, at the moment there are "talks" with the city but not negotiations per se.. There´s a 2nd town hall meeting to get thru before we reach a negotiating stage.