Nycfc V Columbus Crew - Postgame

If he is playing someone that doesn't want to be here, then that's on him. If Mix or Villa don't want to be here - then don't play them. Play Mullins and Poku and Ballouchy and McNamara.

Yeah, that's me. I'll probably be in my long sleeve black Poku next game. Black to symbolize the death of our season, Poku because POKU!!! I'm always talking to the players. Getting the kids around me into the heckling spirit. I'll try and sneak you a bag next game. Security doesn't like people passing stuff up though.
Just kidding about the peanuts. But will holler at ya next time. I'm usually there for warmups, beer in hand.

Reactions: Kjbert and LionNYC
No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Mena should be nowhere near that team ever again. Exhibit A: we're playing some sexy football, flicked between about 8 players, then Mena plays it to the opposition. Exhibit B: Mena slips on the ball at center half and presents an opportunity. Exhibit C if you need it, the rest of the game. Bar that one block when he then ran up and was the last man at the back post.

Overall we were pretty poor. Not sure anyone got pass marks today. In particular, a 0/10 to the MTA for not nearly enough subway trains.

Reactions: Kjbert and S1ARK5
Kreis with another dopey comment to deflect blame from himself. Who looked like they didn't care? Villa or Mullins? Both busting their ass. Mix? Bicycle kick, plus playing offense and great defense for ninety minutes? Jacobson? Guy had the best game of his career. The defense? They let up one goal to one of the best offenses in MLS.

You know who didn't want to play this season? Jason Kreis. With his dumb lineups all year and playing grabavoy over poku all year.

Kreis with another dopey comment to deflect blame from himself. Who looked like they didn't care? Villa or Mullins? Both busting their ass. Mix? Bicycle kick, plus playing offense and great defense for ninety minutes? Jacobson? Guy had the best game of his career. The defense? They let up one goal to one of the best offenses in MLS.

You know who didn't want to play this season? Jason Kreis. With his dumb lineups all year and playing grabavoy over poku all year.

But nycfan10 thinks jason kreis is the bomb. Y u no agree wit hin yo?

"I can’t be at my best, I’ve only trained for days, rather than weeks,” Lampard said. “This is a perfect break for me to get some good training in for two weeks.”

You could have trained for months if you were here in January you fucking wanker.

Mix was great. Mullins should have never come off. Villa was selfish. We were better with FF than without.

while he wasn't particularly awful, Shay for Mena hurt us. Shay was physically abused. Mena was bitching Kamara.

Why the hell did we take off Mullins for Tmac???? Ugh.

And honestly, Poku was pretty not good today.

mix and Mullins were very, very good.
Mullins was good? You sure we watched the same game? The only play he made on the positive side was his hold up touch in the first half, that let to a chance in the box, das it. He missed Villa wide open instead he shot a 30 yard field goal for 3 points. Mullins sucks.

Reactions: Christopher Jee

That's what I'm wondering. Who was lacking effort? I didn't see it. Even FF busted his ass pressing and trying to break up play. TMac was god-awful. But he tried.

Villa had a bit of an off day. But I like him wide left with Mullins up top. I think I only mentioned that 8 weeks ago.

Jacobsen had easily his best game of his career. He actually looked for people.

Can't overstate how good Mix and Mullins were. They were everywhere. We actually got worse on defense when Mullins came off. That's how hard he was working.

this is going to be simple.

Today vs Crew:

Mix: Good
Villa: Meh
Pirlo: Awful
Lampard: Bad
Poku: Bad
Mena: AWFUL
Angelino: Meh (was caught way out of position many times, finlay was going by him at ease)
Jacobsen: Good
Mullins: Meh

This season, a total train wreck from the get go....but I still love this team. Looking forward to next year.

Mullins was good? You sure we watched the same game? The only play he made on the positive side was his hold up touch in the first half, that let to a chance in the box, das it. He missed Villa wide open instead he shot a 30 yard field goal for 3 points. Mullins sucks.
Yeah. I watched him press the hell out of Columbus, cause multiple turnovers, make non-stop runs, win 50/50 balls, make excellent passes in the box to open men that could have easily been goals.

I don't even feel the need to defend him. He was a 7 at least today. I'll take that every game. Great center forward for what we were trying to do. He anchored us. We lost the plot when he went off.

That's what I'm wondering. Who was lacking effort? I didn't see it. Even FF busted his ass pressing and trying to break up play. TMac was god-awful. But he tried.

Villa had a bit of an off day. But I like him wide left with Mullins up top. I think I only mentioned that 8 weeks ago.

Jacobsen had easily his best game of his career. He actually looked for people.

Can't overstate how good Mix and Mullins were. They were everywhere. We actually got worse on defense when Mullins came off. That's how hard he was working.
His comments were more for the dps sans Villa. To be honest I think his comments were geared more towards Pirlo and his lack of effort on defense rather then Lampard. Kreis needs to bring his own players to this team, getting thrown pirlo and lampard at him without much say, probably didn't make him the most happiest coach because he knows MLS, you don't win with players like Pirlo and Lampard at their age. Maybe back in MLS circa 1.0 but not now.

To be fair, I was glad we signed Pirlo I thought he would open our guys up and give our guys more time to run into space and create runs but that hasn't been the case, and on top of that, he just is so lackadaisical on defense its just awful to see. Oh well....honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see both Pirlo and Lampard gone after this season. I think its best for all parties involved.

Yeah. I watched him press the hell out of Columbus, cause multiple turnovers, make non-stop runs, win 50/50 balls, make excellent passes in the box to open men that could have easily been goals.

I don't even feel the need to defend him. He was a 7 at least today. I'll take that every game. Great center forward for what we were trying to do. He anchored us. We lost the plot when he went off.
I disagree. Mullins is nothing special man trust me. The kid will be out of the league in 3-4 years.

Kreis is now just looking to get fired. That's why we blasted his own players so publicly. Why would someone like Poku play for Kreis when he will just get benched at the first opportunity? R.I.P. Jason Kreis 2015-2015

Mullins played well... he was the focal point in the second half until he got subbed. Had a few opportunities that were just a little off. Very active and held up the ball well.

Was anyone more surprised about that first goal than Andrew Jacobson??? When Jacobson is the Player of the Match you know its been a bad day.

I disagree. Mullins is nothing special man trust me. The kid will be out of the league in 3-4 years.
I'll bet you any reasonable amount of money, barring injury or a lateral or better move, you're wrong. I'll escrow it right now.

He's a fine forward for MLS. What are you exactly finding wrong with his play? Can you point to a clip? I can show you 15 where he was very good.

You know all the times people were finding space 25 yards from goal? Mullins was helping win the ball, then making runs to pressure the Crew defense and force them to turn away from the ball. He was no small part of Mix and Villa finding space. Unfortunately, Villa just didn't quite have it today or Mix/Mulins would have had a couple of assists, at least, between them.

Anyway, I'm already defending someone whose play doesn't require it, and I said I wouldn't do it.

Mullins can play for my team any day. Kreis wouldn't be allowed to coach it, though.

I'll bet you any reasonable amount of money, barring injury or a lateral or better move, you're wrong. I'll escrow it right now.

He's a fine forward for MLS. What are you exactly finding wrong with his play? Can you point to a clip? I can show you 15 where he was very good.

You know all the times people were finding space 25 yards from goal? Mullins was helping win the ball, then making runs to pressure the Crew defense and force them to turn away from the ball. He was no small part of Mix and Villa finding space. Unfortunately, Villa just didn't quite have it today or Mix/Mulins would have had a couple of assists, at least, between them.

Anyway, I'm already defending someone whose play doesn't require it, and I said I wouldn't do it.

Mullins can play for my team any day. Kreis wouldn't be allowed to coach it, though.
Ok maybe I was a little harsh on him being out of the league in 4 years but I guarantee you he won't be with NYCFC after next year, unless he improves big time. Dude this kid was an up and comer with NE and they left him unprotected, after showing some flash in a few game with NE. Now that I have seen every minute of his time with NYCFC the kid brings nothing to the table, did you see his lack of vision to hit Villa with the pass? Did you see the lack of instincts to gravitate to the goal when Lampard hit that hard ground cross? Instead he just stayed near the 6 yard line.....he lacks any dribbling skills. He has good height, but the dude really is NOTHING SPECIAL. His shot is all over the place....sure he plays hard and that is great but to act like the kid is something special is utterly ridiculous.

I could see him bounce from team to team in the next years and then ending up in the NASL.