Nycfc V Montreal Motm & Post-game

#KreisOut

The guy is blind and a terrible manager this season. How many more times does Poku have to prove to him that he should be starting? Yeah, Poku might not have the legs for a full 90, but its been clear since the beginning of the season that Poku can only do so much once the game is out of hand. Its much better to start him and then take him off in between the 65th and 75th, just like Real Madrid always did with Ozil.

And I shouldnt even have to tell you all why Mix should be starting. Our midfield should be at least starting Pirlo, Mix, and Poku. Start these guys together, get a good lead, and then sub them off and defend that lead later on. Don't ask these guys to come on in the later stages of the game when momentum was already against us and we're losing by 2 goals. There's only so much that can be done.

Regarding the defense...I dunno what to say anymore. Whoever Kreis puts at CB just fails. Iraola and Angelino can only do so much cleaning up for our sh!te center-backs. Towards the end of the match Pirlo was dropping way back to help out our two center-scrubs.

PS - Mena has been a waste of money and a roster spot so far.

My wife's assessment, just as an FYI, is that Grabavoy must jerk Kreis off. If you knew my wife, you'd get how funny this is. She constantly complains about me complaining about her/our team, and then she sprung that on me. Kreis, that is how ridiculous you are, even my wife can't understand what the hell you are doing with the lineup.

She did offer the alternative hypothesis that he is just an idiot. In all fairness, I hadn't really considered that on its own merits. Hard to argue against. I feel better, at least. I now have two more alternative explanations to my brain tumor or saboteur theory.

...if we don't win an MLS Cup or Supporters Shield, this would have been a complete failure...

And, therein lies the problem.
Regardless the roster, it's still an expansion side and there was a lot of stuff to bring together and expect to win a trophy. If you're talking next season, that's a different thing. However, to have that expectation for 2015 is unrealistic.

Regardless the roster, it's still an expansion side and there was a lot of stuff to bring together and expect to win a trophy. If you're talking next season, that's a different thing. However, to have that expectation for 2015 is unrealistic.

Did I expect us to win it all in 2015, no. But the way were are looking now and how things seems to be progressing, we don't be winning it all any time soon with this roster and more so how the coach uses it. With the Eastern Conference, how wide open it is, we should have gotten a 3 or 4 seed realistically.

Reactions: Kjbert
My wife's assessment, just as an FYI, is that Grabavoy must jerk Kreis off. If you knew my wife, you'd get how funny this is. She constantly complains about me complaining about her/our team, and then she sprung that on me. Kreis, that is how ridiculous you are, even my wife can't understand what the hell you are doing with the lineup.

She did offer the alternative hypothesis that he is just an idiot. In all fairness, I hadn't really considered that on its own merits. Hard to argue against. I feel better, at least. I now have two more alternative explanations to my brain tumor or saboteur theory.

Your wife is almost accurate. For Grabavoy to start on RSL today with Kreis as the coach he would probably just have to jerking Kreis off. However, to start on NYCFC today with Kreis as the coach AND with Poku and Mix on the bench, he must be jerking AND blowing AND taking it up the ass.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
The applause to success ratio of Pirlo's corner kicks were a bit off.
I thought it was odd how many of Pirlo's corners, while not "short" in the usual sense, he served to his near side of the box. Was that a new play they were running, or mistakes on his part? It was hard to tell.

Not including the one actual "short" corner here.

Your wife is almost accurate. For Grabavoy to start on RSL today with Kreis as the coach he would probably just have to jerking Kreis off. However, to start on NYCFC today with Kreis as the coach AND with Poku and Mix on the bench, he must be jerking AND blowing AND taking it up the ass.
That's just in poor taste. I mean, all of the good looking men on the team, and that's who he chooses?

Reactions: Gavin23
Regardless the roster, it's still an expansion side and there was a lot of stuff to bring together and expect to win a trophy.

Enough of this defeatist attitude among some of the fans. No one realistically was expecting to win it at all this year, but I think it is fair to say that when your an MLS team that has a quality USMNT player, a Spanish great, an Italian legend, an English great, to go along with some other quality players such as Iraola, and the backing of a European giant, there is an expectation that the team should be a competitive side every week and win more games than not. Yes, this team had glaring holes earlier in the season. There are more than enough weapons to make up for any hole. And Kreis effed that all up today, just how he did in many other losses, such as against the Cosmos, against the Revs, and one or two others that I have selectively forgotten.

Heres my new conspiracy theory. Put your tin hats on folks.

Poku was never gling to start. When mix realized this he protested on Poku's behalf to Kreis. Thereafter maybe after an argument Fuhrer Kreis decided to bench Mix for insubordination. Then tada our shirt starting 11.

I have no proof beyond an overactive imagination and a nack for solving mysteries.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think it is fair to say that when your an MLS team that has a quality USMNT player, a Spanish great, an Italian legend, an English great, to go along with some other quality players such as Iraola, and the backing of a European giant, there is an expectation that the team should be a competitive side every week and win more games than not.

You might think it's fair to say, but it's not when all of those things that you mentioned come together for the first time in week 22 of a 34 week campaign. That's not a defeatist attitude; it's a realistic one.

I'm not saying that Kreis is impervious to criticism. Hell, I criticized him myself. However, I'm not ready to toss him overboard after less than one season with an expansion side. It's an over-reaction.

Reactions: Username
Now that everyone is here...JK needs to get a starting 11 and stick with it. Let him reserve his hunches for subs and injury replacements. But stick to something so this team can get into a rhythm.

ErToLK2uuAAF2.gif

That is all.

Instead of ranting on here , take it to social media with a hashtag that will grab NYCFC front office attention and Kreis attention. Thats the great thing about social media. We are the voice of the "city" so speak up ! #BenchGrabavoy ? lol

Reactions: FootyLovin
Instead of ranting on here , take it to social media with a hashtag that will grab NYCFC front office attention and Kreis attention. Thats the great thing about social media. We are the voice of the "city" so speak up ! #BenchGrabavoy ? lol

What is surprising to me is that the media hasn't called Kreis out on this. Like Lalas and Wahl should be bringing attention to this and they're not. Might have to call them out on Twitter.

It's no longer a marathon it's a sprint from here on out there's no excuse for holding back. Toughest loss of the season. It was one thing when the talent wasn't there it's another when it is but the coach is afraid to put them all on the field at once. Kind of just want to forget about this team for a few days but their too deep in the blood now. Feckers.

Well well well....I was able to watch most of the replay of the game and here are my thoughts.

First, during the chat, I used some colorful language towards some of you, my apologies for that, I think we are all frustrated with this team and some members of this team, and we took it out on each other today, for my part, my bad. We all want to see this team win and succeed, and let's hope we get to witness that sooner rather then wait over a handful of years like TFC has. Anyway, off I go....

First off, as you know I think Kreis is a great coach/manager, and has the proven track record of being so, both as a player in MLS, he was one of the best players ever in this league, and before coming to NYCFC, he was the consensus top 1-3 coach in MLS, for good reason.

HOWEVER, this year has been a real head scratcher, and I think even Kreis would say he has not done well, and he almost did say this early in the year when he stated "This is tougher then I thought it would be"...I mean the lineup decisions has just been puzzling. We all know about Ned, but today leaving off Poku and Mix from the starting lineup, I just don't understand, big mistake. He has been doing this all year.

Having said that, I still think it is WAY WAY to early to fire Kreis, I still adamant that he needs AT THE VERY LEAST this offseason to bring in some MLS above avg players for depth, and to have a true full offseason to continue to gel in the system, especially the new shiny DPs. We just do not have the horses to compete and win consistently right now.

We have a young backline, and some shitty ass CBs, and Saunders in net, who is at best a backup GK in this league, like I have been saying. We have a non existent midfield, which is KEY. now this may be due to Kreis not trusting Poku in the Mid, which I fully blame kreis for, but other then Villa, Mix, Poku, and now Pirlo, and Lampard, and MAYBE Tommy Mac, we don't have much else going for us in the attacking front. From here on out, he needs to play his best TOP 6, and enough with Villa alone at the top, unless he puts Poku right below him and acts like an SS. But even still, as have been proven over the last few weeks, scoring goals is not our major problem. It is the lackluster defense and a below avg keeper. Sadly, bringing in Iraola, and having a healthy Hernandez, hasn't helped AT ALL. Where do we go from here? Nowhere this season, until the off season and Reyna and Kreis have to figure out how to solve our backline, and I would bring in a true starting caliber number 1 MLS GK. Whoever that is? I don't know. Keep Saunders as a backup.

Either way, we need to keep in mind for sanity sake. Expansion teams never success early. (I Don't want to hear about the expansion Chicago Fire, back then MLS was a joke). Look at Orlando City ( I know they are killing the Crew right now). Orlando had an established team, established system, and the same coach. However most of their roster, like ours was made up of NASL scrubs and MLS rejects except for a few, like us. They are in the same boat, same position as us pretty much, and we spanked them last week. Orlando City fans are not shouting FIRE HEATH.

It will take some time to create a winner, my concern is that Kreis may not be able to handle the pressure, and some comments he has made this year, has made me think this may be the case. I think he may choose to leave himself, because I know CFG will not fire him so soon. If he leaves you can bet a team like TFC, will come and scoop him up, I said this before, I know.

If after 20 something games next year, we are in the same spot, then yes, the seat will get really hot, until then, let's see what happens.