NYCFC v Montreal - Postmatch

leave it as it is....this is lampards last year....mix still has to solidify his starting role, and pirlo cant go 90 everygame
So you're content with a captain crying, walking, and taking himself out of plays by being offside?

So you're content with a captain crying, walking, and taking himself out of plays by being offside?

i think you are being overcritical....and you( and others on these boards) are also crying just as much as you claim villa is crying....at the end it all comes down to how his team mates feel about him not what fans think....if lampard was captain certain people would lose their shit due to his decision to stay at man city or just call him fat frank. etc.

last year it didnt matter who the captain was that team was not good and you know it.

results matter not who the captain is and what fans think of it....been countless captains in world footy who are bigger assholes and guess what? people didnt care.

I remember when he scored Villa looked sad lol. If you look real close on the one angle you can see he is about to put his hands on his hips as the ball soared through the air...

After further review, David Villa is making a motion to put his hand on his hips.

Screen Shot 2016-02-18 at 5.25.44 PM.png

Reactions: NickA
so it worked?
Last person I'd give it to is lampard. Just saying. I agree with your point and I think Pirlo has been all class and acts like more of a captain

In all honesty. If you watch...Pirlo is always gesturing to the others which way to go with the ball and is always the first one to contest a refs decision on behalf of the others.

He is!! I'm telling you I'm not seeing shit. I thought so too.
Yes. There was no question about it. He did run over and celebrate. But clearly he was prepared for (and in all fairness what I think we all would have predicted) the ball sailing into row 30.

We've discussed this before. Some people think his off the ball "leadership" matters. Others say he is a great player and that's all that matters. I suspect the same divide exists among players, coaches, etc. Some will care and some won't. Count me among those who care.

Same way I love PV's positive affect over #kreisout's pouty, angry, misery spreading. One I'd be much more eager to work hard for. The other I'd want to go all Latrell Sprewell/PJ Carleisimo on. #oldschool

I think it's bat shit nuts how hyper critical people on here are about Villa. Just shows the internet is made for bitching. Also just ironic how whiny people are about thinking Villa is whiny.

What's so 'hyper critical' about calling out our captain for giving up on some plays and pouting cause things didn't go his way. That's not bitching, that's calling it how it is. I don't like him doing that crap on the pitch. It looks bad. If he has a problem, address it in the locker room or in practice. It's classless. But I'm a bat shit crazy whiner that likes to bitch? Ok chief. Maybe go start a NYCFC Unicorn & Pony Tumblr Blog if you can't deal with people being 'critical' to your guy. It's a 'fan site' where people can have opinions on the team and players. Don't take it or make it personal.

I think it's bat shit nuts how hyper critical people on here are about Villa. Just shows the internet is made for bitching. Also just ironic how whiny people are about thinking Villa is whiny.
God I'd hate to see how you react during an employee review if you think what I've written about Villa is whiny. There's nothing I've written that is made up or fabricated, and a captain should be held to a higher standard. NickA NickA wrote it best so I won't rehash it, but your post was some serious Millennial complaining tantamount to everybody should get a prize and not be held accountable.

Wow I didn't even mention any names but a few of you felt the need to first get super defensive and then attack me with ridiculous hyperbole . It's fine if you don't like his on field demeanor . I don't agree with it but if you don't want him as captain there is a debate to be had there. We have people on this thread and others who have called for him to be benched over what they see as his fits or tried to make a statical argument about how many PK's he scored to try to argue we wouldn't miss him that much or we'd be better off starting Mullins that is where IMO you walk off into the deep end of bat shit .

Reactions: Gene
Lampard was the defacto captain on the field last year - he was the guy organizing the players when the ball was lost, directing play, and talking to the ref. His coming to the team was completely mishandled, but there's no question the players look up to him.
Yea I understand and you're probably right. I just personally think he's completely milking his time here. Between the shit he pulled with MC, his injuries, and overall lack of results for a DP I'm very bitter towards him. Clean slate however for him as well as Mix this year. I truly want them to do well. At least mix was like-able due to his work ethic

Reactions: Ulrich
Very minor point. But NYCFC should sign Romain Gall immediately. Good, young player who we can develop & not spend too much money on.
Agreed his salary is $60k and he's a young winger and him and Harrison could turn into impact wingers for cheap

Just remember that Johansen was the 3rd string GK last year behind Ryan Meara, who's back on the Red Bulls after we traded him for a one year loan for Sal Zizzo. Idiotic Kreis.

Reactions: Gavin23
With the dearth of talent we've got up front, it's going to take a real manager to keep everyone happy. Do you start Pirlo and Lampard 2 of every 3 games, and keep them "fresh"? Mullins has been finding net well, but I'm not sure he can provide what we'll need on the wings if last night's tactic was what we should expect in a few weeks.
I am confused as to whether you understand what a "dearth" is or if your irony too ironical for me.

I just hope either PV or Lamps/Pirlo start to rip Villa for complaining and walking, especially when he's too slow to get back onside and kills opportunities.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm all for stripping him of the captaincy and giving it to Pirlo/Lampard.... I don't care what it does to Villa's psyche, he can't be any more of a baby than he already is when he whiffs on his opportunities. And FFS, his team leading 18 goals was bolstered by 7 PKs, so to me he's still only an 11goal guy having taken 138 shots. To frame it, Mullins had 6 goals(1 was a PK) on 38 shots. Not saying to replace Villa with Mullins, but just highlighting that in addition to an adult baby, he's also not very effective with his time on the pitch (2.5x the minutes that Mullins had)..... for me, he's not leading by example the way a Captain should.
Dude, I started this movement, too, because I have thought of everything first. I was dressed down by the board for calling Villa's dick-ishness out. I would kick him in the dick if he did that shit on my team.

Last edited:
Reactions: NickA and Ulrich