NYCFC v Montreal - Postmatch

Nice game. Got to see the defense tested. White looked like a man on a mission and brillant will be one of the best CBs in the league this year.

Johannsen with a BIG statement game.

Cool to see how pvs midfield will work.

Excited with the chances we created. The finishing will come. 3/6 can't come fast enough

Nice game. Got to see the defense tested. White looked like a man on a mission and brillant will be one of the best CBs in the league this year.

Johannsen with a BIG statement game.

Cool to see how pvs midfield will work.

Excited with the chances we created. The finishing will come. 3/6 can't come fast enough
You're on crack White was pretty bad tonight

Looked shakier after all the subs came on (goal notwithstanding). Of course that's in part because of their pressure looking for a goal, but seems like the starting 11 are relatively close to our actual starting 11.

During the first 70 minutes or so I thought we were pretty strong--definitely stronger than impact for the most part

Shelton cant be a starter. Maybe potential in him down the line but he cant finish to save his life. Mullins needs to be a starting striker alongside Villa.

I liked Taylor on the wings. Impressed with him.

TMac is a good sub choice and provides depth to the roster but not a starter.

Iraola looked on point.

White was good and gave me confidence in him being our starting CB.

Johansen should be our starting GK.

Jacobson needs to be cut.

Vieira has turned this team around. You can see he has built a good relationship with the team. The players come off he is smiles and pats on he back. Not the cold bullshit stare of Kreis.

We dominated this game and I expect great things from this team going forward.

Mataritta and Brilliant were real good tonight. Lopez also looked good in the second half. Shelton still sucks, Tony Taylor looked dangerous at times. McNamara is entertaining but not good.

#startlurch

Mataritta and Brilliant really impressed tonight. Taylor had some great moments, but made an error or two but I felt good about him. First time watching Mikey Lopez, but I liked what I saw. Loved the way we controlled the movement of the ball. These guys look like they have been training hard for Viera.

Last edited:
ugh jacobson with mistakes almost costing a goal.

the last play waas not offise a draw would of been fair

johansen- i liked him i dont think saunders will be doing any of the starting the play from the back.

Reactions: gbservis
I thought white looked really good, actually. Seemed to be the consensus in the match thread too?
Really good? He was the reason for the goal at the end of the game. If it wasn't for awful refs the game ends 1-1. He had plenty of poor spots during the game. He's a good backup but not a starter. He's a Kwame upgrade that's all.

Shelton cant be a starter. Maybe potential in him down the line but he cant finish to save his life. Mullins needs to be a starting striker alongside Villa.

I liked Taylor on the wings. Impressed with him.

TMac is a good sub choice and provides depth to the roster but not a starter.

Iraola looked on point.

White was good and gave me confidence in him being our starting CB.

Johansen should be our starting GK.

Jacobson needs to be cut.

Vieira has turned this team around. You can see he has built a good relationship with the team. The players come off he is smiles and pats on he back. Not the cold bullshit stare of Kreis.

We dominated this game and I expect great things from this team going forward.
Agree with everything except Iraola. Looked sloppy all game.

I liked how aggressive we were and controlled most of the game.
  • Villa and Pirlo have built chemistry which is amazing. They'll be a force.
  • TT on wing was a great move, he played great.
  • Mullins and Shelton played good and took shots that last year they didn't.
  • Mix is disappointing,he should be the top of the non-dp's and he is pretty much always over shadowed.
  • Iraola and Brilliant often misplayed balls and often gave me flashbacks to last seasons TERRIBLE backline.
  • White played good but had the big mistake in stoppage time which should've counted as a goal.

White looked like starter material to me tonight. Let the CB battle continue to rage on.

Lurch was awesome. Should definitely challenge Saunders for playing time.

Our midfield didn't look too deficient defensively, maybe because we did a good job of pressing all over the field to make it hard to get an attack started.

I'm still a little nervous about the wings. Starting both Shelton and Taylor over Mullins and one of Mix and Poku isn't the best use of personnel. I still think a 4-3-1-2 with Villa and Mullins as the 2, Lampard as the 1, and Mix, Pirlo, and Poku as the 3 might be our best personnel usage. But gotta trust in Vieira right now, he has us looking sharp.

I enjoyed it. There was some dig and a little bit of flair; even though they faded, the team stayed organized and ground out a result.

White seemed great, Mattarita too. Taylor and Shelton's positions looked like they will bring a lot, even if the players themselves weren't the best. Taylor had some good spells and Shelton some nice runs, but he has very little end product. Looks like he doesn't know what he's going to do when he gets the ball and runs at someone.

Tommy was solid, a unit as always in the middle of the park, pinging the ball around.

Mix was underwhelming, AJ a complete abomination and the big lad in goal looked like he wanted to put in a performance to get him noticed.

:beer emoji: