NYCFC v Montreal - Postmatch

What's so 'hyper critical' about calling out our captain for giving up on some plays and pouting cause things didn't go his way. That's not bitching, that's calling it how it is. I don't like him doing that crap on the pitch. It looks bad. If he has a problem, address it in the locker room or in practice. It's classless. But I'm a bat shit crazy whiner that likes to bitch? Ok chief. Maybe go start a NYCFC Unicorn & Pony Tumblr Blog if you can't deal with people being 'critical' to your guy. It's a 'fan site' where people can have opinions on the team and players. Don't take it or make it personal.

Has anyone outside here ( maybe Twitter) really mentioned it? Has news outlets complained about it and made a huge deal about it?

I feel it's mostly an issue only here cuz I rarely see it elsewhere.

Reactions: Gene
In all honesty. If you watch...Pirlo is always gesturing to the others which way to go with the ball and is always the first one to contest a refs decision on behalf of the others.

Of course that happens but like I said before I don't think he's playing every single game and in those he does not sure he goes full 90 at all

In the villa argument, are we saying that we agree with the thirty yard shot because it went in? Villa is probably reacting to the fact that tmac is taking a very low percentage shot instead of trying to create a better chance. It goes in so he is happy, but I'm sure at first, he was like wtf are you shooting for. The fact that it goes in doesn't mean those shots are good policy.

Did Villa display such emotions on the pitch in Spain? If he did then he is consistent, if not then he is frustrated with whom he plays with.

In the villa argument, are we saying that we agree with the thirty yard shot because it went in? Villa is probably reacting to the fact that tmac is taking a very low percentage shot instead of trying to create a better chance. It goes in so he is happy, but I'm sure at first, he was like wtf are you shooting for. The fact that it goes in doesn't mean those shots are good policy.
I think the interesting point here is that imo a player who sulks and pouts is more likely to cause other players to take bad shots rather than be creative and generous with him. The very behavior he wants to dissuade is the precise behavior he encourages. #deliciousirony

Reactions: Ulrich
I think the interesting point here is that imo a player who sulks and pouts is more likely to cause other players to take bad shots rather than be creative and generous with him. The very behavior he wants to dissuade is the precise behavior he encourages. #deliciousirony
Man, you are all about some workplace/organizational sociology. Do you do executive coaching? Asking for a friend.

Has anyone outside here ( maybe Twitter) really mentioned it? Has news outlets complained about it and made a huge deal about it?

I think it's because outside of here, most people watch on TV. We're watching a lot more live matches then the rest the world. And if you watch Villa off the ball (when the camera never sees him), he's always walking around and sulking.

When he's caught offsides on TV there's no context, so it's not over analyzed. But here, we know exactly why it happened.

Did Villa display such emotions on the pitch in Spain? If he did then he is consistent, if not then he is frustrated with whom he plays with.

well guess its a world difference playing with world class players in spain/ barcelona than playing with grabavoy, brovsky, wingert

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I think it's because outside of here, most people watch on TV. We're watching a lot more live matches then the rest the world. And if you watch Villa off the ball (when the camera never sees him), he's always walking around and sulking.

When he's caught offsides on TV there's no context, so it's not over analyzed. But here, we know exactly why it happened.

well in my circles being there all home games...i see alot of frank lampard hate and to an extent shelton.....the jury is still out on mix.

its fine if people want to analyze/ over analyze this. Since i do think this year the team will be better than last year we shall see how the team performs anytime villa is not captain/ or not in the field to see if the players play much different like people here claim will happen because of his "childish behavior"

well in my circles being there all home games...i see alot of frank lampard hate and to an extent shelton.....the jury is still out on mix.

its fine if people want to analyze/ over analyze this. Since i do think this year the team will be better than last year we shall see how the team performs anytime villa is not captain/ or not in the field to see if the players play much different like people here claim will happen because of his "childish behavior"

I'm not in the camp that his antics negatively affect the team. I blame Kriess for that. It's night and day so far with PV in place.

Honestly, his teammates may just think that's Villa being Villa and just block it out. But it sure pissed me off and I was screaming at him last year to pick his lazy ass up and get back in the game. It wasn't captain like behavior. But I don't think we have anyone who's been around long enough, will be here long enough or displays the qualities to be a true captain. It may eventually be Mix, but that won't be for 1-2 more years. And I'm still of the opinion that he is overpaid for what he can contribute, and we can get more bang for our buck elsewhere, so it's not something I'm hoping for. Maybe it's eventually Poku...

So let Villa keep the armband, we're an expansion team and he was our only DP to show up from day 1. In the next few years this will naturally work itself out. I don't think the team puts too much value in an armband anyway.

I'm not in the camp that his antics negatively affect the team. I blame Kriess for that. It's night and day so far with PV in place.

Honestly, his teammates may just think that's Villa being Villa and just block it out. But it sure pissed me off and I was screaming at him last year to pick his lazy ass up and get back in the game. It wasn't captain like behavior. But I don't think we have anyone who's been around long enough, will be here long enough or displays the qualities to be a true captain. It may eventually be Mix, but that won't be for 1-2 more years. And I'm still of the opinion that he is overpaid for what he can contribute, and we can get more bang for our buck elsewhere, so it's not something I'm hoping for. Maybe it's eventually Poku...

So let Villa keep the armband, we're an expansion team and he was our only DP to show up from day 1. In the next few years this will naturally work itself out. I don't think the team puts too much value in an armband anyway.

well jacobson and ballouchy got to wear it last year too....so theres that

Reactions: adam

That's not really a fair question...Outside of the MLS circle nobody cares about MLS stuff. It's not like Cam Newton walking out of the post Super Bowl interview that went global. I hardly see any MLS news in general.

Wouldn't this be the only real place you'd see about it? Except for EOS or HRB with their 16 visitors, this is the only real NYCFC outlet.

That's not really a fair question...Outside of the MLS circle nobody cares about soccer. It's not like Cam Newton walking out of the post Super Bowl interview that went global. I hardly see any MLS news in general.

Wouldn't this be the only real place you'd see about it? Except for EOS or HRB with their 16 visitors, this is the only real NYCFC outlet.

i was referring to the grant wahls, Ives, lalas of the MLS world

well other season ticket holders i hang out with? other people that go to home games? i think thats a fair place to get a sample

well other season ticket holders i hang out with? other people that go to home games? i think thats a fair place to get a sample

Firstly, I never said 'everyone' was talking about it and I wasn't speaking for others anyway. I said I have a problem with it. It bothers me. We all know he does it..it's just a matter if somebody cares about it or not.

I'm not that worked up about it, still gonna root for the guy.

Firstly, I never said 'everyone' was talking about it and I wasn't speaking for others anyway. I said I have a problem with it. It bothers me. We all know he does it..it's just a matter if somebody cares about it or not.

I'm not that worked up about it, still gonna root for the guy.

its fine if it bothers you...like you said some care others dont. i just expressed my point of view and what i see others tell me or chatter around me thats it..but here this comes up almost every other game.

its fine if it bothers you...like you said some care others dont. i just expressed my point of view and what i see others tell me or chatter around me thats it..but here this comes up almost every other game.

That's what happens when you have a losing team with a crappy coach and no direction...people start picking apart every flaw between games. I guarantee if he does it and we are playing winning soccer, you'll hardly hear about it. Winning cures all ills.

I think we've pretty much exhausted this topic and think it's time it sleeps with the fishes. :cool:

Big change when Villa came off the field. Smiles and high fives from coach. How novel.
I was thinking that when I watched the game. When the subbed off players came out, PV went over to each one with a smile, high five or hand shake, a supportive pat, and what looked liked words of encouragement.

I was thinking that when I watched the game. When the subbed off players came out, PV went over to each one with a smile, high five or hand shake, a supportive pat, and what looked liked words of encouragement.
Haha, table stakes for a manager, or so you'd think. Can't wait to hear our lot singing the Vieira song.