NYCFC v Philly Postmatch

I was at the game a few sections down for the away Supporters section. The behavior of our traveling fans made me ashamed to have my nycfc jersey on.

From what I heard there were philly fans instigating all game and then shit got worse to where we all saw it went in the second half

I noticed something happened. Frankly, I was too busy watching us get our asses kicked and drinking beer to worry about it.

Doesn't dissuade me from my anti-supporter section stance. I don't fuck with all of that drama. I wore an NYC sweatshirt, cap & scarf and no one gave me shit.

Last edited:
From what I heard there were philly fans instigating all game and then shit got worse to where we all saw it went in the second half
Philly fans were absolutely 100% instigating but that's no reason to throw shit.

It's a shame, ended up leaving about 4 minutes early because I didn't want to deal with people fighting. First game I've ever left early in my life.

I have no idea what security was doing besides standing still. They let the situation escalate during the game, they could have easily pulled aside the Philly and NYC fans acting like morons but chose not to and in the end you get people on both sides throwing things.

People need to stop acting hard and just watch the game.

Yeah that was the general consensus around me- verbal instigation from Philly (btw not sons of Ben they were perfectly fine), verbal retaliation from our fans, verbal escalation from them and then throwing shit from us and then from them. So fucking stupid. I'm fine with dudes who don't know how to back down from a dumb situation getting banned. It was really fun until it stopped being fun at all. We left around the 86th just to make sure we were safe.

Villa was a good DP last year. He's utter garbage this year. He misses multiple wide open shots every game and a guy of his supposed ability shouldn't shank balls over the bar. Did I mention he's selfish? I'd take any other DP striker in the league over him - I want a guy that isn't so big headed that they get the other players involved.

Saunders.... Garbage.

Hernandez .... Garbage.

Lopez.... Garbage. He could (should) have been sent off in the first 30 min because he's a hothead.

Mendoza.... Garbage.... But at least better than his last three games.

Poku's fitness and defense..... Garbage... Got schooled on that corner kick header.

These guys have no heart at all - it's embarrassing how lazy they are.

NYCFC has to convince Lampard to retire to free up the spot and time to buy out Pirlo or Villa. We need two new dedicated DPs that want to play, are fit, aren't selfish, and can take over games. None of our DPs can take over a game - Villa could when he could shoot, but the guy's shooting is now as bad as his English was last year.

Yeah that was the general consensus around me- verbal instigation from Philly (btw not sons of Ben they were perfectly fine), verbal retaliation from our fans, verbal escalation from them and then throwing shit from us and then from them. So fucking stupid. I'm fine with dudes who don't know how to back down from a dumb situation getting banned. It was really fun until it stopped being fun at all. We left around the 86th just to make sure we were safe.

Philly fans were absolutely 100% instigating but that's no reason to throw shit.

It's a shame, ended up leaving about 4 minutes early because I didn't want to deal with people fighting. First game I've ever left early in my life.

I have no idea what security was doing besides standing still. They let the situation escalate during the game, they could have easily pulled aside the Philly and NYC fans acting like morons but chose not to and in the end you get people on both sides throwing things.

People need to stop acting hard and just watch the game.

Security seems to just be there until it got worse and our fans couldn't be mature about it thyrn bottles started being thrown, it got pretty bad as some bottles from sons of Ben started being thrown from their section to ours and vice versa :rolleyes:

I even saw some scuffles happen in concourse as we were leaving and security didn't do anything until fists were thrown

Don't know if that's how securit is in all games

That wasn't Sons of Ben, unless I missed something major. The yelling and throwing was all between the lower few rows in our section and some random fans in the section to our right, SOB are behind the goal.

Security definitely were not interested in de-escalation before it got physical though.

That wasn't Sons of Ben, unless I missed something major. The yelling and throwing was all between the lower few rows in our section and some random fans in the section to our right, SOB are behind the goal.

Security definitely were not interested in de-escalation before it got physical though.

What ever section that was to our left was throwing like three four cans of beer I think only like twos made it but still stuff was thrown

Villa was a good DP last year. He's utter garbage this year. He misses multiple wide open shots every game and a guy of his supposed ability shouldn't shank balls over the bar. Did I mention he's selfish? I'd take any other DP striker in the league over him - I want a guy that isn't so big headed that they get the other players involved.

Saunders.... Garbage.

Hernandez .... Garbage.

Lopez.... Garbage. He could (should) have been sent off in the first 30 min because he's a hothead.

Mendoza.... Garbage.... But at least better than his last three games.

Poku's fitness and defense..... Garbage... Got schooled on that corner kick header.

These guys have no heart at all - it's embarrassing how lazy they are.

NYCFC has to convince Lampard to retire to free up the spot and time to buy out Pirlo or Villa. We need two new dedicated DPs that want to play, are fit, aren't selfish, and can take over games. None of our DPs can take over a game - Villa could when he could shoot, but the guy's shooting is now as bad as his English was last year.
Buying out pirlo yes. Buying out lampard yes. Villa is good, not as good as last year not as good as a couple of years at the least but give him a compotent midfield and i will take him on my team any day.

Again when the defense and gk continues to give up soft goals it deflates everyone espacisllly guys like villa who then feel they have to compensate so much for the lack of skill every where else.

Reactions: Vallos and Fantazma
CFG should get more blame.

For all the talk of their "resources" their DP acquisitions (especially against the protests of the coach) were pretty pathetic and fairly obviously targeted more towards selling shirts and tickets than winning games.

So, so dumb.

Reactions: mgarbowski and Gene
The only thing that eill wash the taste out of this awful start is a 4 game winning streak. Sadly i think I will continue to taste the shit that has been the season so far.

CFG should get more blame.

For all the talk of their "resources" their DP acquisitions (especially against the protests of the coach) were pretty pathetic and fairly obviously targeted more towards selling shirts and tickets than winning games.

So, so dumb.
As soon as JK stood up for himself and his beliefs as a soccer manager/coach when he clearly stated he didnt want Pirlo. And then calling him out after the MTL game at home. The writing was on the wall.

Buying out pirlo yes. Buying out lampard yes. Villa is good, not as good as last year not as good as a couple of years at the least but give him a compotent midfield and i will take him on my team any day.

Again when the defense and gk continues to give up soft goals it deflates everyone espacisllly guys like villa who then feel they have to compensate so much for the lack of skill every where else.
Villa missed two sure goals before the panic button was pressed today. He does that every game. It's the law of diminishing returns where if he can't produce when the opportunity is set for him, then his usefullness goes way down.

Reactions: gbservis
Villa missed two sure goals before the panic button was pressed today. He does that every game. It's the law of diminishing returns where if he can't produce when the opportunity is set for him, then his usefullness goes way down.
I agree with that no doubt. If things dont go right for him ewrly on he tends to get worse.

And people still want Casillas :rolleyes:

Oh snap

In other words PV is saying we create more chsnces and we dont score due to the other keeper making a save or hitting the post the the keeper again making saves meanwhile he is saying we let them have one or two chsnces and saunders is complete shit. But yet he continues to start him SMH