Nycfc V St Mirren

Hello All, First post.

I'm never one to turn down a trip to the CFA but I really enjoyed last night. There are definite similarities between NYC and City. Both try to play good football, short quick passing and retain possession. Where NYC were superior was the pace of the attack, the width and I thought Tony Taylor and Khiry Shelton. Admittedly I was stood behind the goal I was quite pleased with Velasquez.

Defensively I thought Josh Saunders looked solid in goal and my mate was raving about Akira Fitzgerald on the way home. Where they are also superior to City was that the defence did nothing fancy and kicked it into tough when in danger.

A good night and I'm looking forward to Sunday. My dad has already bought tickets for the Toronto and San Jose Earthquakes game in September.

On reflection, you tore us a new arsehole.

Very impressed with your set up. Nice to see Villa celebrating the goal like it actually meant something to him, although I think a few of our fans were giving him 'pelters' from the stands, so that maybe explains why... Thought our support was decent for a Tuesday night game in Manchester!

The old looking guy with the grey hair is Jim Goodwin - our hatchet man. Don't let the grey hair fool you, he's younger than David Villa by a month! (both 33)

Was very impressed by a fair few of your players;

Villa, a class above everyone else on the park.
Tony Taylor would walk into any Scottish team - and probably a lot of English teams too.
Balouchy, excellent player, great on the ball - reminds me of David Silva
Poku was a stand out when he came on too - looks a great talent.

Your defense was rarely tested and kept us to mostly long range efforts. As usual for friendlies, it wasn't much of a contest with all the substitutions. The breaks in play probably suited us as we could easily have lost more goals in the 2nd half.

One pointer - that commentator is an absolute weapon. Spent more time talking about soup and his trips to America than the actual game.

Best of luck in the MLS. Maybe we can have a return game in the Yankee stadium sometime! ;)

What are everyone's thoughts on the trialists?

Fran Martinez played CB in the second half
Pablo Alvarez played in the midfield during the second half

What are everyone's thoughts on the trialists?

Fran Martinez played CB in the second half
Pablo Alvarez played in the midfield during the second half
You can tell Alvarez has a high soccer IQ, almost had an assist to Nemec off a free kick, simple style but effective.
Fran Martinez didn't really convince me but that pass to Tony Taylor for the break away was a highlight for sure.

Reactions: Vito
You can tell Alvarez has a high soccer IQ, almost had an assist to Nemec off a free kick, simple style but effective.
Fran Martinez didn't really convince me but that pass to Tony Taylor for the break away was a highlight for sure.

I can see them giving Alvarez a contract to add some more midfield depth even though we already have a ton.

Does anyone know where I can watch a replay? Avoided spoilers to try and watch the match last night, but the club took the YouTube stream down.

A lot of people were not impressed with Nemec during the game and I would have to agree with them based off this one game. I'm going to give him more time and benifit of the doubt since he has had little time with the team.

I will say this though, he will be a force in the mls whether he is having a good game or not for the fact is he will scare the ever living sh** out of the defenders he is up against. We were joking in the feed about how he looked like The Mountain from Game of Thrones and that's spot on! He is going to be taking the attention of of Villa and Villa is going to have a lot more chances beating that offside trap that he likes to do with Nemec's help

I like the passion, but Nemec and faux hawk will not intimidate players like Jamison Olave or Aurellin Collin.