Nycfc Vs Ycfc (york City F.c)

dou you guys think that there should be some game(s) between the two teams?
It would be an interesting story line, but I do not think there is anything that makes as a definitely "have to happen match". YCFC being a League 2 squad might not have the resources to travel. I am not really familiar with the financials of League 2 clubs, but I feel like if this was to really happen, NYCFC would have to travel to York, England.

Considering the level of fanbase already developed in England there should be a game played there by pre season 2016. It may well be hosted at the Etihad Stadium perhaps prior to MCFC playing a exhibition to guarantee a huge crowd. Of course NYCFC and MCFC will probably play the other at some point considering the planned exhibition with MCFC and Melbourne H.

Don't think there's much point playing lower league clubs. It would make even less sense playing this proposed fixture in the States. The opposition in pre season have to be a draw.

The other issue would be finding a date to play them. York City could never fly out to the US so it would have to be played in England, but unlike the US, mid-season friendlies are a massive no-no for 99% of English clubs. That means you could only play them by flying out in YOUR mid-season, which I can only presume would not be that positive on the physical condition of your players.

The other issue would be finding a date to play them. York City could never fly out to the US so it would have to be played in England, but unlike the US, mid-season friendlies are a massive no-no for 99% of English clubs. That means you could only play them by flying out in YOUR mid-season, which I can only presume would not be that positive on the physical condition of your players.
Meh, just a tiny bit further than flying to Los Angeles....

That said, no I don't care for it. They'd be well overmatched. Do you want to see the English national team vs. New England too? :)

I think NYCFC versus Melbourne City or Hearts or whatever they're going to be called will be a fun friendly for a while and a few years from now NYCFC vs. MCFC will be a lot of fun.

Reactions: Kinkladze
You're right, an England v New England game would be pointless. You'd destroy England :/

But yes, it's been reported in a few places that in preseason, the CFG intends to get the teams all training together (usually in Manchester but I can see it rotating around the globe eventually) and playing games against each other. There's Melbourne Heart at the moment but there's likely to be other teams too. It's been rumoured in more than a few places that the CFG could grow to have half a dozen clubs in it, or even more. There's plenty of opportunity for playing games against world clubs there.

South America seems like the logical next step (I can't recall whether there are Asian teams or not in what Melbourne would see as their version of the CL) but could it be a problem if the Copa Libertadores ever let MLS clubs get involved? I've noticed it has been proposed in the past. Africa obviously must be on the agenda as well and I wouldn't even rule out Antartica. Well OK maybe even for a man of Sheik Mansour's intellect that would be a stretch.

It would make sense to buy a club in Brazil and time the announcement with this summer. I see Argentina as a world great too but when most people think of South American football its Brazil that would come to mind first and foremost.

Australia is in the Asian Federation, so yes, there would be a clash with the rules there. Of course, it's worth bearing in mind that Asia has three different CL variants, based on how "developed" each country is, football-wise, so a club in, say, India wouldn't be a problem for a while. It's also possible that the AFC would be willing to agree to waive the rule, though I can't see UEFA or CONCACAF doing so.

A South American team would make sense, though hopefully there would be no attempt to include the name City into any club taken over, as I can't see the South American fans taking that any better than Europeans. There's also talk of buying a club in Portugal, presumably which would require that club to only enter the Europa League year-on-year. That said, given the domination of the Big Three teams in Portugal, that might not be a huge issue.

Of course, I think we should be open to the way that this is all moving very fast right now. Just because the CFG acquired two new teams in the last 12 months does not mean things will continue apace. I heard rumours of a world network of clubs even before NYCFC was announced, but the speed of it all surprised me. These deals can take a long time to do. I wouldn't be surprised per ce if a new team was acquired over the summer, but I'd be equally unsurprised if there was no new movement for another 2-3 years. Mansour and Khaldoon are long-game players. They don't rush things.

City got plenty of links to South-Africa.. in particular to the Black Aces FC

http://www.mpblackaces.co.za/
That's only a three year academy partnership though. It's unlikely to produce any positive effects for City, it's likely just them saying "look, we're helping out youth football in other countries". It's not the same as owning the team permanently, and running it top-to-bottom. You won't see the Black Aces senior team taking part in any of the collaboration efforts with the other senior teams of the City Football Group.

That's only a three year academy partnership though. It's unlikely to produce any positive effects for City, it's likely just them saying "look, we're helping out youth football in other countries". It's not the same as owning the team permanently, and running it top-to-bottom. You won't see the Black Aces senior team taking part in any of the collaboration efforts with the other senior teams of the City Football Group.

No, not a team from Mpumalanga I think.. Iconic cities is what CFG wants.
But if we consider having a team in each confederation South-Africa makes sense

Oh, it totally makes sense. But we don't have one yet.

How bout the Kaizer Chiefs?