Nyrb Vs. Cosmos In 4th Round Us Open Cup

BossNYC

Registered
Apr 10, 2014
...is almost a lock to happen.

I think the Cosmos have to win one game in the 3rd round against a lower division opponent first. Considering Cosmos are taking this like Champions League not likely they lose that.

Last edited:
Third Round - May 28 (24 Second Round winners and 8 Division II [NASL] clubs): Each Division II team will be matched geographically to play the winner of a specific Second Round pairing. The winners of the 16 remaining Second Round matches not paired with a Division II side will play each other.
• Fourth Round - June 10-18 (16 Third Round winners vs. Division I [MLS] clubs): Each Division I team will be matched geographically to play the winner of a specific Third Round pairing. The exact date for each match will be determined by the club selected as the home team from among those dates where the visiting team does not have a league game already scheduled. The date selected must allow the visiting team at least two rest days before and after the match date.

Well if this is the case there's the ideal game for a "NYCFC presence." Speaking of the US Open Cup this should be a major priority. If DC United can win it and finish dead last (not saying anything close would happen with NYCFC but not exactly expecting to win league first season either) it should be seen as a potential fast route into the CONCACAF Champions League. Not really sure why clubs dont prioritise it more.

Reactions: Johnny
No one will prioritize this more than the Cosmos but ironically they should always have one of the toughest roads to the title.

They'll likely always have to play NYCFC and NYRB every year...

Well if this is the case there's the ideal game for a "NYCFC presence." Speaking of the US Open Cup this should be a major priority. If DC United can win it and finish dead last (not saying anything close would happen with NYCFC but not exactly expecting to win league first season either) it should be seen as a potential fast route into the CONCACAF Champions League. Not really sure why clubs dont prioritise it more.

One million percent yes. We need to be there in absolute force with all our blue on!!!!