U.S. Open Cup 2018

In all seriousness, that was a great game... Extra time was a bit boring until the final few minutes, but Houston got a deserved win, and I'm happy for them to be able to go to their first ever USOC final. Good luck to them!

lol i think MLS would of wanted LAFC to win, after all they did let them go thru despite having ineligible last round
You missed the joke, when LAFC tied it in added time, I said "rigged, rigged shit, MLS wants LAFC to win"

You missed the joke, when LAFC tied it in added time, I said "rigged, rigged shit, MLS wants LAFC to win"

i see.....i aint see the game at all just saw who won. i mean it could be they wanted them to win, like im still putting my tin foil hat for MLS wanting atlanta getting the shield therefore getting the CCL spot, with all those penalties they been getting in the year.

One of Houston and Philly will be in the CCL......
That’s gonna make MLS even more hopeful for ATL to qualify. Talk about a big FU if Yankee stadium and a bottom tier-marketing club like Philly make it in - MLS HQ is gonna flip out.

Reactions: adam and Shwafta

This is a pretty obtusely worded statement, but I'm pretty sure the Timbers are saying that Diomande lied about being the target of a racial slur, and that the USOC agrees.
Official Statement from USOC:

"insufficient evidence to conclude that a racial epithet was used..."
They further suggest that in a heated game with players speaking multiple languages, Diomande may have mistakenly thought he heard something that was not said.

I've been taking a lot of heat on r/MLS for saying this entire thing was concocted by LAFC to distract from the fact they broke US Open Cup roster rules.

Reactions: Shwafta
I've been taking a lot of heat on r/MLS for saying this entire thing was concocted by LAFC to distract from the fact they broke US Open Cup roster rules.
Well that and this not being a thing are not mutually exclusive items.

This is a pretty obtusely worded statement, but I'm pretty sure the Timbers are saying that Diomande lied about being the target of a racial slur, and that the USOC agrees.
Not sure why this is reminding me of this, and I guess I'll tie it in that they were just eliminated (even if it was on the road), but the Fire's FO relationship with their supporters group is in a massive downward spiral

Capping this thread off...

Houston defeated Philadelphia 3-0 in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Final last night.

Houston will participate in the 2019 Concacaf Champions League (despite being just one win above a 1 point per game season so far in MLS).

Capping this thread off...

Houston defeated Philadelphia 3-0 in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Final last night.

Houston will participate in the 2019 Concacaf Champions League (despite being just one win above a 1 point per game season so far in MLS).

Is there a 2019 one? or should i start that ? Amateur Qualifiers started already.

Reactions: adam