Vito

Registered
Elite Donor
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 23, 2014
New Jersey
From a tweet this morning:

#NYCFC is proud to announce @BrotherJimmys as our Official BBQ Partner.

PUT SOME SOUTH IN YO' MOUTH

Reactions: Kjbert
As I posted in the shoutbox, as a Southerner that hurt my soul.
Jimmy's isn't so bad. And they are all over the stadium already. Who else would it be? That tweet is probably the last time we'll ever see the words "official BBQ partner". I'd be much more concerned if Jimmy's was named "Official Hydration partner". I don't think our players would be match fit after downing fishbowls of swamp juice.

I wonder if I can get a deal for my company to be the official industrial project management and logistics partner of NYCFC? It's about as relevant BBQ.

Jimmy's isn't so bad. And they are all over the stadium already. Who else would it be? That tweet is probably the last time we'll ever see the words "official BBQ partner". I'd be much more concerned if Jimmy's was named "Official Hydration partner". I don't think our players would be match fit after downing fishbowls of swamp juice.

I wonder if I can get a deal for my company to be the official industrial project management and logistics partner of NYCFC? It's about as relevant BBQ.

If your company is willing to pay a six-figure sum for the privilege then I'm sure NYCFC wouldn't say no.

logo.png
that would be a bad ass shirt sponsor . . . I can only dream . . .

Reactions: Kjbert
Too bad it's not daisy mae's BBQ. That's some good ish.

Hey guys! What could you possibly expect from a "BBQ joint" right next to MSG and Penn Station? It's not an area known for its authentic suthin' kwizeen. The food is passable if you're meeting an old friend in the City or sharing a few drinks before seeing the mothafucking Rangers play some sexy mothafucking hockey.

If these guys wanna give my soccer club money so they can help sell a couple microwave-ready ribs, then let's break out those wet naps!

Hey guys! What could you possibly expect from a "BBQ joint" right next to MSG and Penn Station? It's not an area known for its authentic suthin' kwizeen. The food is passable if you're meeting an old friend in the City or sharing a few drinks before seeing the mothafucking Rangers play some sexy mothafucking hockey.

If these guys wanna give my soccer club money so they can help sell a couple microwave-ready ribs, then let's break out those wet naps!
Why y'all got to hate on Jimmy's? Back in my ill spent UES post-college youth, the original Jimmy's was fucking awesome. You could eat pretty decent BBQ and chase girls who treated living in NYC like a semester abroad.

But actually, I can't fucking stand it now. Maybe the original, though I haven't been there in a minimum of 5 years, but all this shit down in midtown and below is a joke. Murray Hill is a joke, period. Sorry to anyone who lives there, but I'm not really.