Official Expansion Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean Andrew Wenger? Of Philly? The starter?

Not sure that's a very realistic list.

The only team in MLS I know well enough to bring value to the discussion is the Union. The only players that I like from their unprotected is Brian Brown and Austin Berry. Brown is a young jamiacan who is active off the ball, makes a lot of nice runs. He is undersized but can finish. I just like him.

Berry is a big defender, who I think would be a nice 3rd CB. He had a disaster of year. Got hurt and then never got his job back. Other than them, that roster is not very talented. Maybe conor casey is another possibility...but hes really getting old.

You mean Andrew Wenger? Of Philly? The starter?

Not sure that's a very realistic list.

You should really read the article first before you make a comment.

Wenger did not start at the end of the season.

Also - I didn't realize that Edu was on loan.

You should really read the article first before you make a comment.

Wenger did not start at the end of the season.

Also - I didn't realize that Edu was on loan.
I did read the article. I couldn't find a Alex Wenger anywhere on there.

Andrew Wenger is a starter for Philly and will be a protected player come Expansion Draft day. 100% guarantee it. I am not sure the Union blogger they contacted really has a clue.

Houston's young DP ALEX Lopez may be available but he isn't starting for a broken Houston Dynamo, and I am not sure he won't freeze in NYC.

By the way, its great that some many ppl in Orlando want to have a MLS blog, but that website is unmanageable. What a mess.

Colin would be pretty good.
Collin would be a great pick but I am not sure SKC even exposes him. Even if they do, he is out of contract and apparently the reason he hasn't re-signed is that he wants DP (aka Matt Besler) money. Even if NYC gets him he already makes almost $300k, would NYCFC pay him more than that?

What's the point of a message board if we can't hypothesize about who may be available ?

What's the point of a message board if we can't hypothesize about who may be available ?
It is the point of the forum, but its also the point of the forum to harvest the data thats available to help us make decisions. My posts are littered with facts about these players. Collin might not come for the money NYC is offering. Wenger doesn't have a chance in the world of being available. These are facts and information that informed posters should have.

Speaking of your link and who might be available and would come:
Philly's Danny Cruz. possible and a good depth choice
SKC's Sal Zizzo and CJ Sapong are good.
Houston's Servando Carrasco is a good choice, so is Omar Cummings, Jermaine Taylor

Were there more teams previewed yet?

Collin would be a great pick but I am not sure SKC even exposes him. Even if they do, he is out of contract and apparently the reason he hasn't re-signed is that he wants DP (aka Matt Besler) money. Even if NYC gets him he already makes almost $300k, would NYCFC pay him more than that?
Can't see that, if we could get him under that then he'd be worth it. But not on DP money. We need to be sorting out the centre backs first off in the drafts.

Omar Salgado from the Whitecaps former 2011 #1 superdraft pick is no longer available he is set to sign with Mexico's Tigres UANL.

Reactions: Kjbert
I assume we will be going heavy on defense based on the comments regarding our 3rd DP. Kind of unfair to have to do these drafts without knowing what the salary cap will be next year.

Reactions: Kjbert
Some more potential mock lists on reddit. I've tried to compile them here all in one place. In places where they only listed the protected list, I tried my best to put who would then be unprotected. Bold means unprotected:

http://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comment...er/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Portland:
Protected:
Valeri, Nagbe, Wallace, Adi, Urruti, Chara, Johnson, Fernandes, Ridgewell, Powell, Villafana.

Unprotected:
Zemanski, Harrington, Jewsbury, Ricketts, Gleeson, Kalif, Fochive, Kah, McKenzie, Paparatto, Nanchoff, O'Rourke, Peay, Weber.

RSL:
Protected:
Saborio, Morales, Jaime, Plata, Beckerman, Rimando, Schuler, Beltran, Gil, Salcedo, Mulholland.
Unprotected:
Borchers, Grabavoy, Wingert, Findley, Sandoval, Garcia, Velasquez, Attinella, Fernandez, Maund, Grossman, Balchan, Stertzer, Mansally.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/2luums/who_do_you_want_to_see_your_team_protect_in_the/

NYRB
Protected
Oyongo, Olave, Miller, Luyindula, Sam, McCarty, Alexander, Sekagya, Duvall, Robles, BWP

Unprotected
Meara, Kimura, Bover, Eckersley, Cahill, Henry, Armando, Bustamante, Convey, Perrinelle, Sene, Stevenson,

Seattle
Protected
Martins, Dempsey, Alonso, Evans, Marshall, Neagle, Pappa, Pineda, Frei,Barrett,Rose

Unprotected
Remick, Cooper, Zavaleta, Scott, Anibaba, Apam, Azira,Bowen,Ford, González,Hahnemann, Kovar,Parsemain,Traoré, Weaver

Columbus
Protected
Clark ,Finlay, Francis, Gall, Anor, Miram, Parkhurst, Pogatetz, Tchani, Williams, Higuain

Unprotected
Gehrig, Jiminez, Viana, Schoenfeld, Kevan George, Fifi Baiden, Arrieta,

DC United
Protected
Sean Franklin, Steve Birnbaum, Bobby Boswell, Taylor Kemp, Perry Kitchen, Davy Arnaud, Chris Pontius, Nick Deleon, Luis Silva, Chris Rolfe, Fabian Espindola

Unprotected
Korb, Lewis Neal, Conor Doyle, Eddie Johnson

San Jose
Protected
Wondo, MPG, Koval, Salinas, Goodson, Bernardez, Pierazzi, Jahn, Pintos, Hernandez, Cato

Chicago
Protected
Johnson, Palmer, Big Red, Cocis, Amarikwa, Magee, Pineda. Pongolle. Nyassi. Nyarko

Philly
Protected
M'Bolhi, Gaddis, Valdes, Edu, Williams, Wenger, Maidana, Le Toux, Okugo, Ribeiro, White

Unprotected
Cruz, Berry,

Whitecaps
Protected
Waston, Morales, Laba, Koffie, Beitashour, Manneh, Fernandez, Ousted, Rosales, Mezquida, Harvey

Unprotected
O'Brien, Leveron, Hurtado, Mattocks, Salgado, Ballouchy, Tornaghi,Lewis, Diouf, Mitchell

New England
Protected
Tierney, Barnes, Soares, Farrell, Nguyen, Rowe, Neumann, Mullins, Davies, Taylor, Bunbury,

Unprotected
Goncalves ,Castillion, Kobayashi,

Sporting KC
Protected
Besler, Zusi, Dwyer, Sinovic, Myers, Benny, Dovale, Opara, Collin, Claros, Saad

Unprotected
CJ Sapong, Bieler , Gruenebaum, Kronberg,

LA Galaxy
Protected
Keane, Husidic, Sarvas, Juninho, DeLaGarza, Rogers, Ishizaki, Gargan, Penedo, Gordon, Gonzalez

Unprotected
Dunivant ,Riley ,Meyer,Hoffman, Gordon, Perk, Rowe

Houston
Protected
Boniek, Beasley, Lopez, Garrido, Davis, Barnes, Sarkodie, Taylor, Horst, Bruin,Clark

Unprotected
Sherrod

TFC
Protected
Bendik, Gilberto, Bradley, Hagglund, Morrow, Caldwell, Dike, Moore, Creavalle, Bloom, Defoe

Unprotected
Bekker, Warner, Henry,Osorio, Morgan, Konopka, DeRo, Jackson, Oduro, Wiedeman , Orr, Hamilton, Hall, Lovitz

Montreal
Protected
Piatti, Bernier, Felipe, McInerney, Bush,

http://www.reddit.com/r/Rapids/comments/2j8j23/lets_talk_expansion_draft/
Colorado
Protected
Alvarez, Eloundou, Powers, Brown, Mari, Hairston, Irwin, Moor, Torres, ,Klute

Unprotected
Buddle, Knight, Wynne, Labrocca, Nesco,Agbossoumounde, Burch, Sanchez,

http://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/2hbdgv/how_bad_can_it_potentially_get_for_your_team_in/
Dallas
Protected
Akindele, Castillo, Diaz, Fernandez, Hedges, Lloyd, Thomas, Perez, Zimmerman, John, Hollingshead

Unprotected
Cabrera, Span, Escobar , Texeira, Seitz , Moffat , Watson ,

The problem with this draft is that it will be difficult to land a solid starter with no issues, otherwise they would be protected. The players that will be left unprotected will either be unproven, injury prone, poor value (overpriced), bad teammate, or about to bolt to Europe.
Hopefully one or two gems make it into the draft and we pick some quality youngsters who can make it!

Status
Not open for further replies.