Official Expansion Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they can't. It's like the Premier League. You can only use players who are registered as part of your squad.
Yes, and it's also problematic because each one of the City loanees will take an international spot. If the actual rules are anything like Football Manager, we only get 8.

You're going to want to use most of those for guys who are going to be here long-term, in my view, so if I'm building a team to win MLS, I'm very cautious with taking on too many City loanees.

Speaking of the draft Wednesday, I bet Colubus and maybe DC have no-pick agreements in place with NYCFC now.

We should be getting the list of protected players later today. (Around 5PM at MLSsoccer.com).

They're coming out via each team

Rapids' unprotected players:

Gale Agbossoumonde, Carlos Alvarez, John Berner, Edson Buddle, Marc Burch, Tony Cascio, Geoffrey Castillion, Charles Eloundou, Kamani Hill, Dimitry Imbongo, José Mari, Brian Mullan, Danny Mwanga, John Neeskens, Thomas Piermayr, Grant Van De Casteele, Marvell Wynne.
Protected players not available in Expansion Draft:
Davy Armstrong (HGP), Deshorn Brown (Int), Caleb Calvert (HGP), Marlon Hairston (GA), Michael Harrington, Clint Irwin, Chris Klute, Zat Knight (Int), Nick LaBrocca, Drew Moor, Shane O’Neill (HGP), Dillon Powers, Vicente Sánchez (Int), Dillon Serna (HGP), Gabriel Torres (Int), Jared Watts.

They're coming out via each team

Rapids' unprotected players:

Gale Agbossoumonde, Carlos Alvarez, John Berner, Edson Buddle, Marc Burch, Tony Cascio, Geoffrey Castillion, Charles Eloundou, Kamani Hill, Dimitry Imbongo, José Mari, Brian Mullan, Danny Mwanga, John Neeskens, Thomas Piermayr, Grant Van De Casteele, Marvell Wynne.
Protected players not available in Expansion Draft:
Davy Armstrong (HGP), Deshorn Brown (Int), Caleb Calvert (HGP), Marlon Hairston (GA), Michael Harrington, Clint Irwin, Chris Klute, Zat Knight (Int), Nick LaBrocca, Drew Moor, Shane O’Neill (HGP), Dillon Powers, Vicente Sánchez (Int), Dillon Serna (HGP), Gabriel Torres (Int), Jared Watts.
Not a whole lot of attractive names that I see on there, but then again I don't know a lot of Rapids players and they are a pretty terrible club anyway...

Kind of surprised to see Alan Gordon unprotected. Always loved his play with Quakes and he had a good year since transferring to LA this year. Just a good dude in general.

The Quakes protecting Francis over someone like Cato or Pierazzi is a head scratcher too.

Reactions: Kjbert
So I'd say it's safe to assume we'll be going after someone from RSL. From that list who would you guys want? I think Grabavoy would be a very nice pick up.

Reportedly he wants to go overseas.
Makes sense. I was surprised to see him unprotected.

Revs president just tweet Diego can't be taken by the NYC or Orlando due to them making a trade with the team.

I thought that seemed too good to be true. I was actually under the impression that HG players couldn't be selected during the expansion draft...

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.