Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He´s an odd one for a footballer Frank... Reads books, write books and have such middle class aspirations

millies_620x480_1628915a.jpg

Is that Bond top left?

Wow first time I've ever seen that. So it's just the Prince and the person in question who have the non censored version of the pic?

Reactions: Kjbert
I like the fact that Frank is right next to Jeremy from Top Gear, who constantly bashes footballers as being brash, tasteless morons.

It's just funny to me since I love top gear. Carry on.

I'm sick as hell, so I may not be in my right mind.

When they show Pirlo on screen at Yankee Stadium on Sunday and announce him as the newest signee to NYCFC :eek:

So the next, obvious question, is has he given any insight as to whom we should be paying attention to?

My friend couldn't have been more wrong. I apologize for the poor insight. Perhaps Reyna intentionally gave him poor info or at the time there was actually nothing significant on the table. He's now saying Pirlo for 5 mm euros a year and it may be announced this week/weekend. We'll all be a lot happier once this is settled.

On a side note, IDK why any Italian footballer would not want to come here(MLS). Giovinco and Pirlo are going to be two of the highest paid Italian players in the world.

On a side note, IDK why any Italian footballer would not want to come here(MLS). Giovinco and Pirlo are going to be two of the highest paid Italian players in the world.

And you think this would not be a regular topic of discussion in Serie A locker rooms why?

Reactions: dannd23
part of it might be because not every MLS team can give you what Toronto/nycfc is giving. So there are limited spots.

I mean not sure if colorado or fc dallas or columbus can be giving out money like that.

evlnrcdvsntnfb3hnncv.jpg

I hear ya, but I found this pretty surprising. I knew Serie A didn't pay the greatest wages, but I didn't think it was this bad.

evlnrcdvsntnfb3hnncv.jpg

I hear ya, but I found this pretty surprising. I knew Serie A didn't pay the greatest wages, but I didn't think it was this bad.

This is likely post-tax, and therefore median salaries are still in the DP range for MLS teams.

Not to mention, even mid-range clubs like Fiorentina have ~30M euro rosters, post-tax. Let's say that's 50M euro pre-tax. That's $55MM. MLS salary cap is $3.49MM.

Long way to go.

I'm not sure how enticing Columbus or Denver etc. are to Europeans. Of course money talks but I'd think New York City and Toronto themselves being world class cities help. (Add L.A., Montreal especially for French speakers and a few others to that list)

Crazy though when I first started with watching European Football Serie A was THE destination. The Prem was up and coming and La Liga was good but Italy was clearly the class league of the world. Come a long way down in a relatively short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.