Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was gonna post this in the Rumors thread...but it's gone way off track there today, with formations and positions. So this is the next worst thread..Talking about what other players to bring in the discussion turns to where you play Lampard and the pending Pirlo. Maybe there are many here that have watched Pirlo...some may have not. Pirlo tends to play in front of the back 4 a good amount...basically in a CDM role. He should continue that here...and does he play along side Jacobson or alone in a 4-1-3-2 or 4-3-1-2. But for your viewing pleasure this is a Pirlo video (not mine) showing all his touches (not highlights, all his touches good and bad) that perfectly show the type of player he is now. It was against Monaco in the CL quarterfinal.

and yes the music sucks.

Was gonna post this in the Rumors thread...but it's gone way off track there today, with formations and positions. So this is the next worst thread..Talking about what other players to bring in the discussion turns to where you play Lampard and the pending Pirlo. Maybe there are many here that have watched Pirlo...some may have not. Pirlo tends to play in front of the back 4 a good amount...basically in a CDM role. He should continue that here...and does he play along side Jacobson or alone in a 4-1-3-2 or 4-3-1-2. But for your viewing pleasure this is a Pirlo video (not mine) showing all his touches (not highlights, all his touches good and bad) that perfectly show the type of player he is now. It was against Monaco in the CL quarterfinal.

and yes the music sucks.

That video is awesome. I think that about settles it. Goodbye Jacobson, I will always remember watching you yell at Brek Shea, see you as a late game sub when Mr. Prilo needs a rest.

That video is awesome. I think that about settles it. Goodbye Jacobson, I will always remember watching you yell at Brek Shea, see you as a late game sub when Mr. Prilo needs a rest.
Jacobson is one of the more highly-paid players on this team, too, it looks like. I think he can still start, however.

and yes the music sucks.

Nothing wrong with the music ;-)

Reactions: northernburbs
dsc005052.jpg

This might as well be a puppy it makes me feel all warm and cuddly and smile every time

Reactions: Kjbert
Maybe NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan can muster up some traffic stats here. The Pirlo thread seems to be the most popular one, besides the rumor thread. I'd be interested to see if there is a correlation between new membership and a potential or official Pirlo signing.
There is a direct correlation with signings, traffic and registrations.
Since Pirlo rumors went into full force Friday the traffic has increased as have reistrTions.

Reactions: NickA and Kjbert
Here is the translation of the Gazzetta article that everyone is citing. One thing that's weird, at the end of the article it states that Pirlo will join the team for their July 13th game against Impact. They have no game on the 13th and they play the Impact on the 4th.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/23-06-2015/pirlo-juve-new-york-calciomercato-120286702894.shtml

Pirlo, America is one step: go to New York as early as July

The director of Juventus will sign in the coming days: should debut in MLS with Lampard

Andrea Pirlo will soon be a player of the New York City FC. No waiting until January, then: Juve lose its director from the beginning of next season.

THE NEGOTIATION - The recent photo at Yankee Stadium has little to do: Pirlo was on vacation in the Big Apple probably also to become familiar with the city where he will live in the coming months. These days the midfielder will sign the contract that will bind to the same club where already plays David Villa and will also play Frankie Lampard, who had already signed last summer except be loaned to Manchester City for a season. According to reports from NBC, Pirlo is expected Mls July 13 along with their England midfielder: should debut together against the Montreal Impact.

Here is the translation of the Gazzetta article that everyone is citing. One thing that's weird, at the end of the article it states that Pirlo will join the team for their July 13th game against Impact. They have no game on the 13th and they play the Impact on the 4th.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/23-06-2015/pirlo-juve-new-york-calciomercato-120286702894.shtml

Pirlo, America is one step: go to New York as early as July

The director of Juventus will sign in the coming days: should debut in MLS with Lampard

Andrea Pirlo will soon be a player of the New York City FC. No waiting until January, then: Juve lose its director from the beginning of next season.

THE NEGOTIATION - The recent photo at Yankee Stadium has little to do: Pirlo was on vacation in the Big Apple probably also to become familiar with the city where he will live in the coming months. These days the midfielder will sign the contract that will bind to the same club where already plays David Villa and will also play Frankie Lampard, who had already signed last summer except be loaned to Manchester City for a season. According to reports from NBC, Pirlo is expected Mls July 13 along with their England midfielder: should debut together against the Montreal Impact.

Apparently he will be ready for the TFC game. Whether or not he plays is another story.

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.