2018 Offseason Thread

I'm putting David Villa not being prominently featured in preseason training videos at threat-level orange. It's one month until the first game of the regular season. We don't know the cause of his injury, the location of his injury, of the status of his injury.

He's involved in more than half of our goals in the past three season. There's nobody on the roster that can replace his numbers.

A Villa-less NYCFC or even a reduced Villa NYCFC means maybe not even making the playoffs.

I'm putting David Villa not being prominently featured in preseason training videos at threat-level orange. It's one month until the first game of the regular season. We don't know the cause of his injury, the location of his injury, of the status of his injury.

He's involved in more than half of our goals in the past three season. There's nobody on the roster that can replace his numbers.

A Villa-less NYCFC or even a reduced Villa NYCFC means maybe not even making the playoffs.
Relax, the sky isn’t falling. He’s on Instagram giving thumbs up and stuff, he’ll be fine.

He was in training today, so I'm not sure it's quite that level. Still concerning, since it doesn't seem like he is a full participant, but we also can't know that for sure from just the training clips.

I wonder if it was all the traveling he did right before preseason started was a factor in getting injured. He went from NY to Orlando to NY to San Diego to LA to NY to Jacksonville in the span of a week

I think he's ok.

Lammpd7e

Would Ofori have been a designated player if we signed him to a contract last year, I know he's on loan this year. Just wondering

Reactions: Kjbert
https://www.nycfc.com/post/2018/02/07/nycfc-preseason-2018-where-watch

Schedule
2/09: NYCFC vs. LAFC – Behind-Closed-Doors Scrimmage – 6pm EST

2/10: NYCFC vs. LA Galaxy – NYCFC.com – 10pm EST

2/13: NYCFC vs. Atletico San Luis – NYCFC Watch Party at Calico Jacks – 9.30pm EST (only place to watch the match is that bar)

2/22: NYCFC vs. Real Salt Lake – Behind-Closed-Doors Scrimmage – 6pm EST

2/24: NYCFC vs. Montreal Impact - NYCFC.com – 5pm EST

Reactions: Kjbert
https://www.nycfc.com/post/2018/02/07/nycfc-preseason-2018-where-watch

Schedule
2/09: NYCFC vs. LAFC – Behind-Closed-Doors Scrimmage – 6pm EST

2/10: NYCFC vs. LA Galaxy – NYCFC.com – 10pm EST

2/13: NYCFC vs. Atletico San Luis – NYCFC Watch Party at Calico Jacks – 9.30pm EST (only place to watch the match is that bar)

2/22: NYCFC vs. Real Salt Lake – Behind-Closed-Doors Scrimmage – 6pm EST

2/24: NYCFC vs. Montreal Impact - NYCFC.com – 5pm EST
So who will be going to Calico Jack's to stream the game for the rest of us?

Those were the rumours. And then we signed Maxi when we missed out. In hindsight we should all be really quite pleased with how it all worked out.
Quite really pleased. Get the wrong right, damnit.

ETA: oops. Others pointed this out. Well done all. Really quite pleased wouldn’t be noticed. It’s the reversal from the accepted phrasing that makes it stand out.

Last edited: