Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ESPN announcement of switching Sunday's game amongst a few others from ESPN 2 to ESPN is significant. Not too long ago, you'd be hard pressed to even be able to find a MLS game televised at all. If this momentum continues and the TV deals get greater, you can theoretically do a similar model to the NFL. Profit sharing that TV money to create a higher salary cap. That keeps the foundation of "ever team has a chance" but also forces teams to spend to compete. It's not a perfect system, but some variation of it could work for MLS.

One of the things MLS has badly needed is to get the ESPN hype machine behind the league. That finally seems to be happening.

Reactions: NickA
Did anyone else notice that the video said Pirlo was ready to be unveiled by the New York City Red Bulls?

Get ready for this shit constantly, folks - with the world's eyes on the team due to the additions of Pirlo and Lampard, we're going to get called everything from NYCFC to the New York Dynamo Soccer Club before this year is done.

I am already used to it. Living up here, I am constantly told I went to the university in Tallahassee or am a fan of the Florida Seminoles.

Reactions: Kjbert
This is some shit here. Maybe I dozed off and missed this at some point, but there was a chance Pirlo was going to sign with us to start in Jan and play the rest of this year in India?! Wtf. This thread would've caught on fire lol. I'm hoping this is an attempt for that league to get attention.

http://m.ibtimes.co.in/exclusive-juventus-midfielder-andrea-pirlo-considered-move-isl-637205
It says the offer was less then he would earn at Juve or here. There is no way he would do that.

This is some shit here. Maybe I dozed off and missed this at some point, but there was a chance Pirlo was going to sign with us to start in Jan and play the rest of this year in India?! Wtf. This thread would've caught on fire lol. I'm hoping this is an attempt for that league to get attention.

http://m.ibtimes.co.in/exclusive-juventus-midfielder-andrea-pirlo-considered-move-isl-637205

I actually think that would of been beyond weird but plausible. The league goes from October to early December. And iirc there are a few players that have been brought out of retirement just to play in that league, like Ljungberg, and i think david james. I think Materazzi is a player coach overthere.
I think that league just started so trying to get anyone with a name to play there

Did they announce it??? Did he sign???? When is it happening!!!!!??? I need to know!!!!!!!!!! I can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

52HjuHsfVO69q.gif

so he's in Miami? Hard to be announced in New York if you are in Miami.

He was spotted there yesterday. So I would think he'd fly back today or last night?! Cutting it close this Pirlo guy.

Reactions: Drainyoo
so he's in Miami? Hard to be announced in New York if you are in Miami.
Might have already taken the pictures. There is plenty of time for him to get back to be introduced here on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.