Official Premier League Fantasy Discussion

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Feel free to discuss tactics and players and so on.

This will be my first year doing EPL fantasy and I'm feeling pretty good about my team.
I opted for a strong goal scoring midfield and went a bit skimpy on my defense.
Biggest spend on offense was Alexi. He tortured EPL defenses in Champions League and I don't see that coming to an end anytime soon.

Reactions: Scott McCarthy
Playing a 3-4-3. Have Howard in goal with Azpilicueta, Kompany, Cahill on defense. In midfield I have Gerrard, Hazard, Yaya Toure, and David. Up front I have Sturridge, Naismith, and Weimann

Reactions: Scott McCarthy
Yeah De Gea didn't start today to my knowledge. Thought he was injured.
I went with Jovetic as well. Hope he gets playin Time. Will be tough behind dzeko and Aguero even though he had an amazing off season.

upload_2014-8-16_18-53-19.png

You guys mean I wasn't brilliantly prescient in picking Sterling as my very first player? I'm going to need a minute to get over the diminishment of my genius.

And I guess the same goes for Jovetic. He appeared to be an absolute steal this week and will be as long as he plays. Anyone up front for MCFC will stand to get goals.

Yeah I grabbed sterling as well. I figured much of Liverpools success will be determined by his and coutinhos touches.
Did have Jovetic also and hope he continues to play!

Hey guys...This is my first time doing an EPL Fantasy League. Question for you. How did you change your team's formation? I can't seem to figure out how to get out of the 5 midfielder formation.

Vincent Kompany had a clean sheet and somehow got a 1 point. This Yahoo format is horrid all the way around. Ugh.
I'm sure it will update. Or it did and he committed too many fouls to offset the points. Also he did get a yellow which is -3. This is t just yahoo. Every league penalized fouls committed and cards. He more than likely had a low score in every league due to the card/fouls. That's one of the reasons I didn't select Kompany. Very prone to cards and tough challenges.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Reactions: jerseyhotspur
Hey guys...This is my first time doing an EPL Fantasy League. Question for you. How did you change your team's formation? I can't seem to figure out how to get out of the 5 midfielder formation.

Click on an attacker and drag him to the bench and then drag a bench midfielder into the midfield role.
It's a drag/drop format.

hey, NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan - I thought it subbed in the left most players if you had someone who didn't start? I'm not showing points for that (yeah, I lost Ross and Lescott).

I'm sure it will update. Or it did and he committed too many fouls to offset the points. Also he did get a yellow which is -3. This is t just yahoo. Every league penalized fouls committed and cards. He more than likely had a low score in every league due to the card/fouls. That's one of the reasons I didn't select Kompany. Very prone to cards and tough challenges.
View attachment 517
View attachment 518

No, they don't. the Premier League's site (which seems to use the same standard as MLS does) gives Kompany 5 points: 2 points for playing 90, 4 points for a clean sheet, and -1 for the Yellow. Now, there's argument for including more of the little things as getting points, although it really in my opinion makes defenders and goalkeepers such liabilities that I'm not a fan.

I did read that as well. I had a player who didn't start. Did your bench players score points? None of mine did so it didn't have anything to substitute with.

No, they don't. the Premier League's site (which seems to use the same standard as MLS does) gives Kompany 5 points: 2 points for playing 90, 4 points for a clean sheet, and -1 for the Yellow. Now, there's argument for including more of the little things as getting points, although it really in my opinion makes defenders and goalkeepers such liabilities that I'm not a fan.

Check the image I uploaded. -3 for yellow. No scoring for playing 90.

I did read that as well. I had a player who didn't start. Did your bench players score points? None of mine did so it didn't have anything to substitute with.

Yeah, Ulloa was my first sub. He had 16 points. I specifically left him in that role since I was planning him to step in for Schurrle (who I desperately need to start now).