Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with Mix here, Lampard slides into a #8 role in a 4-2-3-1 alongside Jacobson. Or he slides into a RM role in a bunched up 4-4-2.

I think it's pretty certain at this point that we will be playing a 4-4-2 diamond. It would take a lot of signaling to think that Kreis has any plans to move off his preferred formation, and all signs have pointed toward him employing it.

Remember that Kreis' 4-4-2 is extremely fluid. Read his comments HERE if you haven't yet. Whether Lampard plays RCM, CAM, or LCM, it's not going to make too much of a difference. They'll all be around the box and free to make runs through the middle. In terms of starting lineup though, I think Mix will be considered the CAM, with Grabavoy at LCM and Calle at RCM, and Lampard will replace the least effective one when he joins up with the team in July.

An upgrade from Jacobson at CDM, the destroyer position, would go a long way toward making this one of the top midfields in MLS by year's end. Adding De Rossi would probably give us the top spot.

Dax McCarthy gets accused of being good because he's running balls out all the time. If he'd get in good postions, he wouldn't be trying to play catch up all the time.

Are you a ginger? Is that why you are mad?

Eta: the Dax McCartys of MLS are actually exactly why having Frank come out of the mid-field could be so good.

And no hard feelings about the ginger thing. I understand, even those without souls still have feelings. :D

Haha no I am not a ginger. As someone who has watched every single redbull game for the past I don't know how many years. Dax McCarty is a very good dMF in this league. The only reason he was all over the place is because of the poor shape the redbulls have had getting exposed on the flanks. Trust me he would be very good in Kreis system Ala beckerman.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think it's pretty certain at this point that we will be playing a 4-4-2 diamond. It would take a lot of signaling to think that Kreis has any plans to move off his preferred formation, and all signs have pointed toward him employing it.

Remember that Kreis' 4-4-2 is extremely fluid. Read his comments HERE if you haven't yet. Whether Lampard plays RCM, CAM, or LCM, it's not going to make too much of a difference. They'll all be around the box and free to make runs through the middle. In terms of starting lineup though, I think Mix will be considered the CAM, with Grabavoy at LCM and Calle at RCM, and Lampard will replace the least effective one when he joins up with the team in July.

An upgrade from Jacobson at CDM, the destroyer position, would go a long way toward making this one of the top midfields in MLS by year's end. Adding De Rossi would probably give us the top spot.

Yes extremely fluid in the sense that if teams are counter our plans, this then exposes some of our guys and they get put out of position. That's why you need smart smart players to run a diamond mid like Kreis had at real in beckerman at cdm and Alvarez at cam and Grabavoy on the side. Make no mistake no coach wants their mid especially to be all over the place that's why they are always stressing to keep form, keep shape.

Don't know if somebody already mentioned this but Jozy signed with Toronto. A decision I find appalling that a USMNT player would play in Canada. Canada?

http://www.tsn.ca/sources-altidore-will-join-toronto-fc-latest-on-tfc-s-pursuit-of-giovinco-1.182800
Canada wanted him badly, and turned down a 7.5 million dollar offer reportedly from the Red Bulls for him. Honestly though man, I like it for Altidore. His confidence is obviously hurt, so go to a club that values him and truly wants him, enough to turn down a 7.5 million dollar offer for him.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
What's the issue? He's still in the league. We should be happy TFC didnt let rb get him because they would buy goodwill from their fans and what we need are rb fans pissed at the club.

Michael Farfan is a free agent and weighing a return back to mls.
I think this would be a great depth signing. He is pretty versatile. Wasn't that great in the playmaker role for Philly but a decent midfielder, can play out wide too. He also has a twin brother in Chiapas Mexico I believe.
Heath Pearce was not able to come to terms with Orlando City.

I think he's been a quality MLS defender for a while. MLSoccer.com reporting he is exploring options overseas. Is this a guy we should consider?
Pearce would be a very good back-up pickup for NYC. However, Orlando owns his MLS rights, so NYCFC would have to trade something to Orlando to get his rights. Plus I don't know what Orlando offered, but apparently he didn't like it. He made $100k last year, probably wants something similiar.
Now that we've used our #1 allocation spot do we go to the back of the line?
Yessir. However, if Toronto has really, really signed Altidore, they are #20. If Seattle or Montreal get their hands on Sasha Klejstan anytime soon, then NYC will move up to #18. And you can always trade to move up or hope everyone ahead of you passes (not likely).

I am still hopeful of a very strong centerback signing or a winger in the next few weeks. And although I like Mullins as the #2 striker with Villa, I am not happy with the forward depth. Pretty thin there. A trade in the works?

I am still hopeful of a very strong centerback signing or a winger in the next few weeks. And although I like Mullins as the #2 striker with Villa, I am not happy with the forward depth. Pretty thin there. A trade in the works?

Villa, Mullins and Taylor need some backup so I could see a 3rd or 4th round forward being taken in the SuperDraft

Villa, Mullins and Taylor need some backup so I could see a 3rd or 4th round forward being taken in the SuperDraft
Yeah I am not big on Taylor, although he has potential. NYC needs another game changer for the strikers. Or at least a possible starter. Mullins is hot and cold and Taylor was only used sparingly. Its just those 3 right?

Yeah I am not big on Taylor, although he has potential. NYC needs another game changer for the strikers. Or at least a possible starter. Mullins is hot and cold and Taylor was only used sparingly. Its just those 3 right?

As of right now yes it is only those 3

How many international spots do we have left? I'm positive we'll bring 2-3 more FWs
Started with 8, got a 9th one from DC United
1 - David Villa
2- Frank Lampard
3 - Andres Mendoza
4 - Javier Calle
5- ???
6 - ???
7 - ???
8 - ???
9 - ???

Reactions: BxLio91
Maybe, but going to play for the Colombian mnt?
Sebastian has been in US since he was 12. Mehdi also has been in US for a long while (well except that time in Vancouver). Both Velasquez and Ballouchy have green cards & do not count as internationals.

I don't think he will, unfortunately, be getting a call up from Colombia any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.