Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacobson has looked really good on his loan so he's the CDM that I want starting Game 1 if we don't pick up a huge name

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
D_RoyJenkins D_RoyJenkins What is your formation then?

3-5-2? 4-1-4-1?

See what I'm getting at? I don't see Mix or Frank playing wide so to speak. Maybe Mix could but that would probably limit his creativity.

I have Villa up top, 2 wingers and a holding midfielder, then give Mix and Lampard some freedom with Lamps in a more attacking role. its similar to what the US did with Mix and Bedoya. So essentially a 4-1-4-1

Reactions: Kjbert
I have Villa up top, 2 wingers and a holding midfielder, then give Mix and Lampard some freedom with Lamps in a more attacking role. its similar to what the US did with Mix and Bedoya. So essentially a 4-1-4-1

Interesting. I don't watch La Liga, just CL, but I never thought of Villa has a true #9. I think of him more as a LS or a LW.

I agree, Villa is best on the left side.

Also although I'm a big fan of Jacobsen I'm not convinced he will be that Beckerman/Jones type CDM that NYC needs. I see him more in a support role. Remember he lost his starting job to Hendry Thomas and a academy kid at Dallas. He's more a CM than CDM.

MagnusPax MagnusPax Do we agree that whomever plays that CDM role is more important than any other non-DP player we will acquire? Looks like we could set up with a lot of offense. Going to need a protector back there.

MagnusPax MagnusPax Do we agree that whomever plays that CDM role is more important than any other non-DP player we will acquire? Looks like we could set up with a lot of offense. Going to need a protector back there.
Definitely agree. That's why I don't think AJ is "that guy". I would like to see Lampard and AJ play up as dual CMs w/ a destroyer behind them.

I would be fine if we picked up Jozy, but if we could get our hands on Mix first I would be much happier with that selection. We need someone who can get the ball and in the back and create some chances for our attack like Mix proved he could do even in these last two games he played against Ecuador and Honduras

I would be fine if we picked up Jozy, but if we could get our hands on Mix first I would be much happier with that selection. We need someone who can get the ball and in the back and create some chances for our attack like Mix proved he could do even in these last two games he played against Ecuador and Honduras

I agree that I prefer another midfielder, but this formation doesn't look weak either:

Code:
--------Villa----------------
-----------------Jozy--------
-------Lampard---------------
-XXX---------------------XXX-
----------Jacobson?----------
-----------------------------
-Brovsky--XXX---XXX------XXX-

I agree that the quality of the LM, RM, and CDM would have a huge impact on leveraging Villa-Jozy-Lampard, but even average support play out of those positions should be a pretty great attack.

I agree that I prefer another midfielder, but this formation doesn't look weak either:

Code:
--------Villa----------------
-----------------Jozy--------
-------Lampard---------------
-XXX---------------------XXX-
----------Jacobson?----------
-----------------------------
-Brovsky--XXX---XXX------XXX-

I agree that the quality of the LM, RM, and CDM would have a huge impact on leveraging Villa-Jozy-Lampard, but even average support play out of those positions should be a pretty great attack.
I like that line-up and I would be happy with that if it's what we ended up having. Im worred that if we are lacking on the defensive side of the field than we won't be able to get that possession style at its best play that both Kreis and ManCity like to play. Great possession hinges upon the ability to pass the ball well and an aggressive, skilled, and intelligent defending. That's what I feel like we need to strengthen at this point

Unfortunately, it all depends on what MCFC "lets" us poach from their U-21s.

If Iheanacho is here next year, Jozy is redundant, even if Nacho is only here for a season. I don't think you could play Villa, Nacho and Jozy together, with Lampard in the middle and not play like Man U is right now. And to be honest, I don't know if that is what MCFC want to see from using this team to help develop some of the younger guys on loan. Although, it would be fun to watch.

I don't think you will see any other DP decision made until after the expansion draft. The timing is good for a Mix or Jozy decision.

If you follow MCFC's lead, I think you will see

----------Striker----------
Villa---------------------RW
----------Lampard--------
LM--------------------RM
LB----CB----CB----RB

Is there any recent substance to the Mix rumors? Saw a couple recent posts on here mentioning him in potential formations. Would love to see him in our colors...haven't personally heard/seen much on it since a couple months ago though.

Status
Not open for further replies.