Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much age and baggage (oh and money). I would prefer some younger signings. As I just mentioned in the "Fields" thread, many MLS teams still play on field-turf, which old knees and legs don't like.

Reactions: Kjbert
Someone on twitter said NYCFC is watching Gerrard's contract talks at the end of the EPL season....

No thank you. Still a very talented player and it would be a bold move for MLS, but for the money it will cost, there must be better options.

I've watched almost all of his games this year, and he's lost two steps. Still has a wonderful right foot and he's a great guy, but he's a glorified holding mid-fielder.

No thanks on Gerrard. What about Bojan? He's rotting at Stoke. Probably won't get called up for Spain anytime soon. Why not come to New York City, get paid well and be a star? We wouldn't consider him anyway but if only salary rules were more flexible, more moves like that could be made.

Reactions: Capt.Tsubasa
No thanks on Gerrard. What about Bojan? He's rotting at Stoke. Probably won't get called up for Spain anytime soon. Why not come to New York City, get paid well and be a star? We wouldn't consider him anyway but if only salary rules were more flexible, more moves like that could be made.

Bojan is on a rapid downward spiral in his career, and it's pretty impressive for a 24 year old to see their career disintegrate before their very eyes at such a young age. The fact that he is rotting at Stoke probably tells you all you need to know about him. I mean, he managed to only score 4 goals in 24 games at Ajax, and the Dutch league is renowned as being the place to go if you want terrible defences and an easy way to tally ridiculous amounts of goals - at several years younger, John Guidetti (a MCFC youth currently at Celtic) managed to score 20 goals in the same amount of games, playing for a far worse side.

All this said, he is a former Barca prospect, which means that he still believes in his head that he's a top player, so there's absolutely zero chance of him coming under the salary cap. I really think NYCFC can do much better than him.

I mean idk wth happened to him. He was supposed to be the next big thing. My comment is also more about the salary cap restrictions though.

I mean idk wth happened to him. He was supposed to be the next big thing. My comment is also more about the salary cap restrictions though.
Could they get him for less than DP money? Then he might be worth the effort and investment.

Could they get him for less than DP money? Then he might be worth the effort and investment.

As said, I just can't see it. Only a couple of years ago he was still a Barca player. It's an incredibly humble player who, while still a young player, can accept dropping from earning millions at the top of the game to earning only a few hundred thousand in a salary capped league. Even at Stoke he'll likely earn in one month what he could earn under a cap in a year at NYCFC.

He was breaking all of Messi's records in at the youth levels. He was supposed to be the chosen one, still remember him scoring against Inter in the champions league. What could've been...

What about... Freddy Adu?
adu.jpg

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...et-add-yet-another-country-his-growing-resume

IMO, no way NYC ever looks at him. I am fairly positive Kreis was sick of him when they played together at RSL.

Let's put two and two together. The. 3rd DP will be an American. When Kreis had the chance , he chose Allocation order. That was his priority.

When you combine that with the fact that he has stated we will use all 3 DP slots, it looks like it will be an American.

But I agree that we should keep scouting a foreign DP. 50/50 chances they move to 4 DPs?

As said, I just can't see it. Only a couple of years ago he was still a Barca player. It's an incredibly humble player who, while still a young player, can accept dropping from earning millions at the top of the game to earning only a few hundred thousand in a salary capped league. Even at Stoke he'll likely earn in one month what he could earn under a cap in a year at NYCFC.

I know very little about the players and their salaries but we are the NY market. Playing here is always worth more to athletes. Anytime you have the name New York as part of your resume you add $ to endorsements. I have never heard of Bojan but a endorsement from him holding up a ham in front of the NYC skyline is gonna be worth more than him holding up a ham in front of stoke on trent

I know very little about the players and their salaries but we are the NY market. Playing here is always worth more to athletes. Anytime you have the name New York as part of your resume you add $ to endorsements. I have never heard of Bojan but a endorsement from him holding up a ham in front of the NYC skyline is gonna be worth more than him holding up a ham in front of stoke on trent
fire-alarm-servicing-Stoke-on-Trent.jpgskyline3__1314914830_0501.jpg

Attachments

• skyline3__1314914830_0501.jpg
    skyline3__1314914830_0501.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 29
I'd like the third DP to be American but if it's not at least being first in the allocation order will attract some decent trade compensation in return.

Reactions: Kjbert

I get what you're saying but remember there's not really any such thing as regional advertising in Europe - or at least, if you can afford to employ a sportsman to advertise your brand then there isn't. There are no local TV stations in the UK, only nationwide ones - and several foreign countries pick up UK TV channels too. All the big newspapers and radio stations serve the entire country. Not to mention that if you have a big marketing budget you advertise to the whole European market rather than just doing adverts in the UK.

Still, we'll see. It could happen.

I get what you're saying but remember there's not really any such thing as regional advertising in Europe - or at least, if you can afford to employ a sportsman to advertise your brand then there isn't. There are no local TV stations in the UK, only nationwide ones - and several foreign countries pick up UK TV channels too. All the big newspapers and radio stations serve the entire country. Not to mention that if you have a big marketing budget you advertise to the whole European market rather than just doing adverts in the UK.

Still, we'll see. It could happen.

Thanks I know nothing of how advertising works in Europe. I can see there not being local TV stations but i would think they have the ability to advertise to certain cities when they show commercials. Do they have local news?
Maybe I used a bad comparison. In the US markets even marginal professional athletes get money to endorse a wide range of things. Also there is the ability at earn money from appearances at everything from car dealerships to grocery store openings. For stars it is even more lucrative. I would think David Villa would get more $ from a NY metro area mercedes dealership than from a Columbus Ohio dealership

Status
Not open for further replies.