Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great post. Again, being a nerd and having watched all of the videos, there is one word that keeps being spoken - character. They loved the game of Khiry Shelton, but when they interviewed him, he sealed the deal with his character.
I watch them all too. Some may call us "nerds", but i would rather call it "dedication" haha

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
De Rossi once again saying he wants to eventually come to MLS
De Rossi maintains MLS dream

Daniele De Rossi admits he would like to finish his career in MLS, and affirms confidence in Roma’s direction under Rudi Garcia.

In an interview with Roma TV where he was prompted to comment on a series of slides, being shown one of himself alongside an NFL player saw the Giallorossi's Capitan Futuro reiterate his attraction for the United States.

“I like these sports, in European football we are at extremely high levels but they know their stuff too,” said the defensive midfielder.

“We must draw from American sports. They have a great organisation, a great relationship with their supporters.

“I'd like to end my career overseas. I want to live in America, and I hope I'll be able to do that.

“Ever since I was a child I've been fascinated by Boca Juniors, it's unlikely but I'd find it a fascinating experience.”

De Rossi was also shown pictures of current Coach Rudi Garcia and his teammate Francesco Totti.

“Garcia has been a deft psychologist with us, he generated an incredible enthusiasm all year round starting from the lowest point of my career [the defeat to Lazio in the Coppa Italia Final].

“He created this atmosphere from his very first interviews. He will take Roma to the highest peaks in Italy.

“Talking about Totti would keep us here until tomorrow, he does incredible things with the ball at the age of 38. Playing with him is a privilege, as he's a player the likes of which will never be born again.

“As for [President James] Pallotta, he's a bit of a crazy horse, but he's doing a great thing from a managerial perspective.

“I'm always happy to see him when he comes along and he's a fun guy, he can talk about anything.”
http://www.football-italia.net/61649/de-rossi-maintains-mls-dream

Reactions: Ike Podell
The CFG suits better be finessing DDR already.
Me: Please oh Lord, let this be so...
Jesus:
3332643_f260.jpg

He said America, not the USA. Boca Juniors is an American club I guess.

Bastian Schweinstagger would be great here.

I've moved the discussion of Kwadwo Poku to the relevant thread. Let's keep this one focused solely on rumours, please.

Bastian Schweinstagger would be great here.
I would be absolutely extatic to have Schweinstagger here, but he is paid way to well at Munich, and they are always winning some type of trophy. I don't see how there would be any draw for him to leave that and his home country to come to the mls sadly

Reactions: Kjbert
De Rossi was mainly referencing the US in that interview. Which is why they mention the NFL. He just said that he's always had a soft spot for Boca.

But as others have said,DDR has said numerous times that he loves the US. Everything from the culture to the films. He also has full custody of his daughter now. Which I think was a big reason he wouldn't leave Italy in the past.

De Rossi was mainly referencing the US in that interview. Which is why they mention the NFL. He just said that he's always had a soft spot for Boca.

But as others have said,DDR has said numerous times that he loves the US. Everything from the culture to the films. He also has full custody of his daughter now. Which I think was a big reason he wouldn't leave Italy in the past.
I dont know too much about his personal life, but he seems to just be a quality guy. Am I right?

I dont know too much about his personal life, but he seems to just be a quality guy. Am I right?
I'm biased. But from what I've seen he seems like a pretty down to earth guy off the field. I visited the hotel the Roma players were staying at last summer when they were in Philadelphia. And out of all the players he was by far the most approachable. I'm pretty sure he stopped to get a photo with every person that asked, and was talking with fans like it was no big deal. And other people have said the same things after meeting him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and Vito
I'm biased. But from what I've seen he seems like a pretty down to earth guy off the field. I visited the hotel the Roma players were staying at last summer when they were in Philadelphia. And out of all the players he was by far the most approachable. I'm pretty sure he stopped to get a photo with every person that asked, and was talking with fans like it was no big deal. And other people have said the same things after meeting him.

He does seem like a good guy. He is the type of player we need. Leaders on and off the pitch with world class skill

he's so fortunate. If the media hated him, he'd get a bad rep like FFF. Because we all know FFF is just that unlucky guy who is always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Or he's a piece of shit more photogenic partner of the Terry Firm.

Have I mentioned i fucking hate fat frank? If not, let me say it. I fucking hate fat Frank. I'd love nothing more than to see him leave Yankee Stadium in tears.

Dump his old ass in the Hudson and get us a real player for a DP.

Reactions: Gene
would not flinch if his career ended tomorrow. Would celebrate. Sorry Chelskis. He's a T-W-A-T. If he and Terry took each other out in their match, i'd buy beers for the board for an hour just to celebrate. And I'd write it off to "lies and nonsense", since that is the Lampard-terry MO.

ALSO, I fucking hate Frank Lampard. He's a bitch.

Reactions: Enemigo
would not flinch if his career ended tomorrow. Would celebrate. Sorry Chelskis. He's a T-W-A-T. If he and Terry took each other out in their match, i'd buy beers for the board for an hour just to celebrate. And I'd write it off to "lies and nonsense", since that is the Lampard-terry MO.

ALSO, I fucking hate Frank Lampard. He's a bitch.
Will you be purchasing a copy of Frankie's New York adventure?

Lavezzi is a great player ( I watched him in Napoli many years ), is a Souht American player ( important to have other NYCFC fans ) and above all he is still enough young ( he could be our Giovinco ).

Rumours have him in Liverpool..

Status
Not open for further replies.