One Troubling Statistic

Orlando - 90' Kaka Result 1-1

Union - 90' Nogueira Result 1-1

Union - 86' Sapong Result 2-1

It's been close but there seems to be a trend developing here. We concede late goals.

Is this a fitness issue? Tactics?

Is a lack of a defensive DP hindering out ability to close out a game?

I can't decide.
The answer my friends is yes. All of the above.

You got the Union results backwards, but yes... EXTREMELY frustrating. I absolutely HATE Kwame at this point. His mis-marks the damn ball and whiffs the header to send that long ball away. He's terrible and should go to Wilmington and never return.

Reactions: SayWhat44
You either improve the backline or get a high quality cleaner-upper in the middle. It's going to be a long season without either. And no Lampard isn't the solution.

Reactions: adam
Below average defense, but also a small sample. The Kaka goal was off a deflection, and otherwise would have easily been saved by Saunders. We also played three games where we didn't give up a goal in the second half.

For as bad as our defense looks individually, it's not like they've been god awful. We have given up 1, 0, 0, 1, 2, and 1. A team that can score has at least 10 points at this point. But when you're tied 0-0 for 70 minutes, you end up bringing another attacking player on in Shelton, rather than parking the bus because your forward players not named Villa have been turning the ball over and whiffing all game.

Fix the attack, you fix the defense. (But also keep Brovsky and probably KWS off the field please.)

Last edited:
As soon as I saw Wenger completely unmarked on the right by Williams and then he missed, I knew it was draw-time. I was praying against it until then, but NYCFC never showed any sense to solidify in the back. Taking Hernandez out really hurt. He is a smart organizing defender.

Right. Last night's goal came on the last of several 2nd half chances Philadelphia had due to bad marking and tired players. It did seem nearly inevitable after the first few were missed.

I'm not sure why, but we really looked gassed at the end of that game. Maybe the short layoff, but Philly was dealing with the same thing. It seemed like half the team was cramping. Doesn't bode well for Sunday.

They all looked gassed by the end. Was it fitness? Is it a result of bangin the ball around the field aimlessly all game? Williams was cramping, Calle was dying, ballouchy was cramping. Poku was walking around looking tired, Shelton seemed slower by the end too.

As soon as I saw Wenger completely unmarked on the right by Williams and then he missed, I knew it was draw-time. I was praying against it until then, but NYCFC never showed any sense to solidify in the back. Taking Hernandez out really hurt. He is a smart organizing defender.

Williams spun around to his right twice last game. I swear he can't turn left like Zoolander. Watch the tape, its funny.

Reactions: adam
deleted by me due to embarrassingly poor troll.

Last edited:
Below average defense, but also a small sample. The Kaka goal was off a deflection, and otherwise would have easily been saved by Saunders. We also played three games where we didn't give up a goal in the second half.

For as bad as our defense looks individually, it's not like they've been god awful. We have given up 1, 0, 0, 1, 2, and 1. A team that can score has at least 10 points at this point. But when you're tied 0-0 for 70 minutes, you end up bringing another attacking player on in Shelton, rather than parking the bus because your forward players not named Villa have been turning the ball over and whiffing all game.

Fix the attack, you fix the defense. (But also keep Brovsky and probably KWS off the field please.)

Dude, Brosky gave up the deflection. He also is yet to mark someone in the attacking 3rd in every game we've played. He's got to go. Without hyperbole, he's the worst player in MLS.

I think you agree with me, generally. But I think it important to point out how piss poor the "CFG Scouting Network" treated us.

Their scouting write off for what they've done for us seems a sham. What has city really done for us? Not a damn thing except keep the easiest 3 DP team locale in MLS history down to less than 1 per game. Fuck don garber. Fuck CFG. FUCK Jason Kreis.

These people are all at fault for different reasons. I refuse to accept excuses for problems that we all saw coming. They need to get their shit together.

Last edited:
Reactions: TabascoDiva
Dude, Brosky gave up the deflection. He also is yet to mark someone in the attacking 3rd in every game we've played. He's got to go. Without hyperbole, he's the worst player in MLS.

I think you agree with me, generally. But I think it important to point out how piss poor the "CFG Scouting Network" treated us.

Their scouting write off for what they've done for us seems a sham. What has city really done for us? Not a damn thing except keep the easiest 3 DP team locale in MLS history down to less than 1 per game. Fuck don garber. Fuck CFG. FUCK Jason Kreis.

These people are all at fault for different reasons. I refuse to accept excuses for problems that we all saw coming. They need to get their shit together.
Midas, with your "straight to the point" postings, how did you achieve international liason status?????:p:p:p Love to see you on the UN floor debating!!

Midas, with your "straight to the point" postings, how did you achieve international liason status?????:p:p:p Love to see you on the UN floor debating!!
It's meant to be humorous, as are most of my posts. We just have a lot of folks around now who weren't around when the basis for it came up. Short story: I got quoted in a Brit tabloid or two. And I lead our Manchester outreach mission.

We've entered the no-spin zone, O'Reilly style.
Basically. I just like to have a go sometimes. You don't seem like you took it too poorly, so credit to you. I was definitely just being a general troll last night. My apologies if you were offended (or if you weren't).

(And that sensitivity in the above paragraph made my heart grow 3 sizes. It also hurt to type.)

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT