Philly Postmatch

DSAkEpO.jpg

Well, that's pretty.

Ever since Pirlo joined the team I'd promised myself I'd be in the stadium for his first goal from a free kick, so that's one thing off of my NYCFC bucket list.

A happy Pirlo!

Great performance from all the mids and forwards.
Loved this lineup the minute I saw it. Tons of creativity and speed. The only weak link up front being Mac. I think I'd like to see Mendoza there for him or even Mix. He's just not sure enough on the ball for me and just has a clumsy look to his game.

A happy Pirlo!

Great performance from all the mids and forwards.
Loved this lineup the minute I saw it. Tons of creativity and speed. The only weak link up front being Mac. I think I'd like to see Mendoza there for him or even Mix. He's just not sure enough on the ball for me and just has a clumsy look to his game.

The problem Dan was the last 15 minutes

We need to up our fitness levels

Honestly my phone died with 20 to go and I was so nervous. I really thought when I finally plugged it in that the result would be a 3-3

Lol I know how you feel

I just can't believe how we go to pieces when we concede a goal. PV needs to realise that the goalkeeper is important when the pressure is on. For me Saunders lacks the composure to relax his defence when we are up against it

I think Mix is headed out the door during this transfer window and hopefully we can get a quality CB. Brilliant loves scoring goals... On his own team and Hernandez is scary bad sometimes.

Reactions: adam
So this is what it feels like to win....

Those last 10 minutes were horrific, I was so nervous I was literally shaking after the final whistle! We don't need that kind of anxiety, but NYCFC dishes it out in spades. Somehow, even at 3-0 up, I didn't feel confident.

Overall though, there was some great play - great to have the 3 DPs all on the scoresheet and Jack Harrison was Man of the Match for me.

Anyone know why there were cops and security guys standing on the pitch the last few minutes?

Friend of mine pointed out to me today the real problem with this team - Vieira is extremely weak at responding to tactical shifts from the opposition. We completely, utterly dominated Philly in the first half, but as soon as they switched things up we were backs against the wall. I'm not sure any of our substitutions today really helped alleviate that. PV is still learning, and he will get better - whether we have the luxury of enduring that learning process is a different story, but hey, we won the game.

Have to say the starting XI today looked a hell of a lot like our strongest yet. I've slagged Lampard off all year but he was fantastic today. Harrison is just an absolute gem. Were it not for a dreadful ref and more inexplicable profligacy from Villa towards the end we would have cruised that game.

So this is what it feels like to win....

Those last 10 minutes were horrific, I was so nervous I was literally shaking after the final whistle! We don't need that kind of anxiety, but NYCFC dishes it out in spades. Somehow, even at 3-0 up, I didn't feel confident.

Overall though, there was some great play - great to have the 3 DPs all on the scoresheet and Jack Harrison was Man of the Match for me.

Anyone know why there were cops and security guys standing on the pitch the last few minutes?

Idk. I noticed that too. I'm a few feet from the RF foul pole corner flag. The heavier set cop had his hand on his piece too. Dude was giving me a death stare for some reason.

Idk. I noticed that too. I'm a few feet from the RF foul pole corner flag. The heavier set cop had his hand on his piece too. Dude was giving me a death stare for some reason.

I'm guessing someone threw something after Philly's second goal. Kind of bizarre response, but I guess security is being ramped up everywhere right now.