Philly Postmatch

yeah i think that's probably elton borrowing from the past. the la-la-la part is way to fast compared to the chant, but then on the other hand the chant also sounds faster then the doo wop song. I think its in the middle but leaning to the doo wop.

and for the record i thought the dress was blue and black. :D
...White and Gold...

yeah i think that's probably elton borrowing from the past. the la-la-la part is way to fast compared to the chant, but then on the other hand the chant also sounds faster then the doo wop song. I think its in the middle but leaning to the doo wop.

and for the record i thought the dress was blue and black. :D

Yeah it's strange, because I watched the video of the chant and thought I instantly recognized it, yet it doesn't seem to match up perfectly with Crocodile Rock, nor Runaround Sue. Is there a third song out there that we aren't thinking of, or is it really just an in-between? I also thought Crocodile Rock made sense because it is a more likely influence if this chant originated in Britain.

And I thought the dress was blue and gold. I attribute this to two things: (1) I'm color blind and don't trust my color senses, plus (2) I'm overly analytical and objective. I just put the image into photoshop and used a color picker to tell me what color the pixels actually were, lol.

So last Saturday I was in 237 during Brillant's own goal and couldn't exactly see what happened there all that well.

After finally watching the replay on this yesterday, can we blame him all that much for it? The way the ball was redirected I'm not certain he had time to react appropriately in order to direct the ball back away from goal.

Yeah it's strange, because I watched the video of the chant and thought I instantly recognized it, yet it doesn't seem to match up perfectly with Crocodile Rock, nor Runaround Sue. Is there a third song out there that we aren't thinking of, or is it really just an in-between? I also thought Crocodile Rock made sense because it is a more likely influence if this chant originated in Britain.

And I thought the dress was blue and gold. I attribute this to two things: (1) I'm color blind and don't trust my color senses, plus (2) I'm overly analytical and objective. I just put the image into photoshop and used a color picker to tell me what color the pixels actually were, lol.
Could be the first legit, original chant? Anything to overtake Hey baby

because all SG's sing the same damn songs for the most part. Everyone sings 'Esta Noche' in some variation, for example

Reactions: Paul and joe
They sing Twist & Shout without changing a single word ?.?.?.?. ok, and we're the plastic ones - they might as well just pipe that one in through the loudspeakers if it's verbatim

is there a rule that you have to change words? it goes off pretty well. AO has done it for a few US Nat games as well. The point is to sound good and make noise, which NYC supporters achieved at end of last match with 'Come On New York'. Personally, I have no issue with singing unchanged songs nor songs from other teams. Just loud and good is all.

For the record, we sing Bieber in Section 234 verbatim :D

I'm sincerely not trying to be a smart ass, but I just can never get a handle on the angst that is generated by things such as SG singing/chanting.

I mean it sucks that NYCFC fans are using a song already being done by NJ fans, but it's perfectly authentic, organic and grassroots that the VA does a chant (#1 on their Hit Parade: WE LOVE YA) that's done by about 800 other SGs worldwide?

Does anyone get upset at the fans in KC? I mean during the SKC v Dallas match you could clearly hear the "I BELIEVE" chant coming over the TV.

Damn, if you like a chant just do it. One FOG's two cent worth(less) anyway.......

Reactions: Goodfella
is there a rule that you have to change words? it goes off pretty well. AO has done it for a few US Nat games as well. The point is to sound good and make noise, which NYC supporters achieved at end of last match with 'Come On New York'. Personally, I have no issue with singing unchanged songs nor songs from other teams. Just loud and good is all.

For the record, we sing Bieber in Section 234 verbatim :D
You can do what you want, as is everyone right, but to me just singing songs verbatim is lame; and more so if you to call it a supporters chant. You are basically serenading both teams with some shit karaoke. How is that supposed to embolden the home team to hear "hey baby" or "twist and shout".

you can sing and have fun all day, i won't deny you that, but i won't be rushing to join a supporters group if all they do is sing top 40 (new or old).

Reactions: Ulrich
You can do what you want, as is everyone right, but to me just singing songs verbatim is lame; and more so if you to call it a supporters chant. You are basically serenading both teams with some shit karaoke. How is that supposed to embolden the home team to hear "hey baby" or "twist and shout".

you can sing and have fun all day, i won't deny you that, but i won't be rushing to join a supporters group if all they do is sing top 40 (new or old).

hearing something is better than hearing nothing and if you look at NYC and RBNJ songs, it's one of how many that are karaoke versions? So I think you're painting with a broad brush saying that's all they do. I'm not in a supporters group so makes no matter to me.

I'm sincerely not trying to be a smart ass, but I just can never get a handle on the angst that is generated by things such as SG singing/chanting.

I mean it sucks that NYCFC fans are using a song already being done by NJ fans, but it's perfectly authentic, organic and grassroots that the VA does a chant (#1 on their Hit Parade: WE LOVE YA) that's done by about 800 other SGs worldwide?

Does anyone get upset at the fans in KC? I mean during the SKC v Dallas match you could clearly hear the "I BELIEVE" chant coming over the TV.

Damn, if you like a chant just do it. One FOG's two cent worth(less) anyway.......
Funny regarding the IBelieve chant, because a few weeks back I was lambasted for wanting it and everybody said its a National Team Chant (when actually it's a Naval Academy chant) and its poor form to use it. So why isn't SKC getting getting attacked by the other SG for using it.

Not attacking you, but pointing out the wackiness of the issue.

Reactions: Gene
Funny regarding the IBelieve chant, because a few weeks back I was lambasted for wanting it and everybody said its a National Team Chant (when actually it's a Naval Academy chant) and its poor form to use it. So why isn't SKC getting getting attacked by the other SG for using it.

Not attacking you, but pointing out the wackiness of the issue.
The history of these things is always murky at best, but I believe SKC has a claim, at least, to have used it before AO did for the national team.

Last edited:
It's really cute when the Philly supporters turn their back when their opponent's starting lineup is announced with middle fingers raised, and a "sucks" after each name is announced.