Philly Postmatch

For those who watched the broadcast...

How did it sound at home? The supporters section was intense and non stop towards the last 5 or 6 minutes. It sure as hell wasn't easy with the sun pounding mercilessly on the bleachers.
From 228 the SG could be heard very loud, but I had no idea what the lyrics were - it was pretty loud everywhere (just not in song). And really, the acoustics in the stadium are pretty horrible for projecting sound. Although it didn't stop the chicken coop from being heard.

From 228 the SG could be heard very loud, but I had no idea what the lyrics were - it was pretty loud everywhere (just not in song). And really, the acoustics in the stadium are pretty horrible for projecting sound. Although it didn't stop the chicken coop from being heard.
I can't wait until NYCFC is in a proper stadium. Will easily be one of the best atmospheres in MLS.

Nah, I'm definitely switching seats next year. I need an awning to protect me from the punishing sun and heat.

I actually bought an overpriced hat at the team store for this game. I couldn't take the heat.
228 is exactly the same as the fabled batters eye but has cover.

I was hoping to find a video of it somewhere on youtube, but found nothing. The chant was super simple and really took off in the SG on Saturday. I became a big fan of it.

Come on New Yooooorrrrrkkkkkk
Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh-ohhhhhhhhhhh Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh-ohhhhhhhhhh
Woah-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
(Repeat)

This chant carried from the end of regulation throughout all of stoppage time. I think it actually started prior to the second Philly goal and carried through that as well.

I was hoping to find a video of it somewhere on youtube, but found nothing. The chant was super simple and really took off in the SG on Saturday. I became a big fan of it.

(Repeat)

This chant carried from the end of regulation throughout all of stoppage time. I think it actually started prior to the second Philly goal and carried through that as well.
Oh definitely! I liked the melody of it, and the nonstop serenade, but I simply had no idea of the lyrics. That's easy enough for he rest of the stadium to join in to if they knew what and when and the words to do it.

Reactions: SoupInNYC

(Repeat)

I was in 134, and that was the only chant all day that spread out from the supporters section. Nice one

Anybody notice that the sons of Ben did a parody of Hey Baby??? Couldn't make out their lyrics but they were fully belting it. And then we scored....

Also, how did the guy that took Lampard down on the breakaway only get a yellow and not a red - wasn't he last man?
yeah that section was PACKED. I took my friend (not a soccer fan) and he's like wow look at that section we should go there. And I'm like, huh, for the life of me I could have sworn that was the away section, but they got blue scarves and are singing the awful hey baby chant. I was completely flummoxed, but they would cheer philly goals and when our player went down to waste time they were chanting bullshit, which i thought was funny cause it totally was bullshit time wasting.

I was in 134, and that was the only chant all day that spread out from the supporters section. Nice one
Prior to the RSL match, I had missed 5 straight home matches due to various reasons. The Third Rail and other supporters have put together some really fun chants. But this one just took off like crazy and everyone got behind it. There was tons of energy with it.

On another note, I think 'Hey Baby' was only done like 2-3 times.

Reactions: Paul and Ulrich

(Repeat)

What's the melody? I was watching a stream and didn't hear it.

At the start of the game, it felt like 12k attendance. Team posted 27k.

It actually did fill in nicely, but I don't get the late arrivals every game.
section 127b had like 30 empty seats around me, probably had 60 empty throughout the section. Really odd, since i try to sell all my tickets (cause we sucked) I neurotically refresh the Ticketmaster website and the prices for my section stayed in the upper 60s (not down to the minimums), and there were 7+ sales in the 70s I was certain it would be a packed house. Felt like a thursday game.

Anyway, glad my tix didnt sell, it was a good game to be at. And might inspire me to not sell my others if we can keep it up.

First time seeing an article like this on NYCFC.com from Ian Joy. Not very technical points but a summary of what's already been talked about here. I'd like to see more of this down the line.

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/06/19/three-things-we-learned-against-philadelphia-union-ian-joy

My favorite of it all is the final paragraph.

"You have to setup shop, don’t concede, don’t give away free kicks and penalty kicks, and make sure you try to protect your goal. I’d love to see Josh Saunders pickup a zero, a clean sheet, he so desperately deserves it. He’s made some great saves in matches but we keep giving away goals and that has to get better and improve."

#StartEirik

Honestly, I'm not sure how to describe by typing it out. It does remind me of a song, but I can't put my finger on what song that might be.

its been bothering me too that i can't put my finger on it. is this it? I've been listening to a bunch of doo wop songs now I can't even think of how the stadium chant went.

Edit:
Me thinks i nailed it. its being sung on this video.

Last edited:

(Repeat)

Best I can do was this shitty 8 second video I put on snapchat.

http://sendvid.com/rbgurs4g

Reactions: SoupInNYC