Pirlo To Join Italy For Euro Qualifiers

my only issue is the travel for pirlo for his age and the fact he didnt really have an offseason as he played so many games with Juve in first half of the year. Also that when he comes back he only has couple of days of rest since i think nycfc is playing dallas in dallas.

Good for him, and good for my Azzurri, but this sucks for NYCFC. Might as well call the season at this point.

Worst part about this, Grabavoy will start again.

Reactions: NickA
The only potential games he'll miss will be in mid-october, right? Though I don't have the schedule in front of me at the moment. He said he's fit and is used to playing a game every 3 days. He'll be fine.

This is a good thing for us and MLS to have one of our players playing at that level. Pirlo has been a staple of the national team, so it's not surprising. I think Giovinco being called up is a bigger deal for MLS. Very good chance he wouldn't have, if he was still in Italy. He is being called up based on his play here, not his past prowess.

Watch Pirlo shine in the qualifiers and come back here and suck under Kreis. Figures.

Well, Gio seems to be hurt pretty badly, so much that he's left camp. I think if you're solid defensively, Pirlo will be magnificent still.

Reactions: Kjbert
Well, Gio seems to be hurt pretty badly, so much that he's left camp. I think if you're solid defensively, Pirlo will be magnificent still.
Yeah, I just saw over on mlssoccer.com. Italy sent him home. Sucks for Gio. Seems it's another one of those "adductor" injuries, which quite honestly I never heard of until recently when it was showing up on the NYCFC injury reports.

Wonder how that's going to affect Toronto's (and our) playoff push?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...iovinco-ruled-out-italys-euro-2016-qualifiers

To be honest, he probably won't even get to discussing the football for all the discussion he'll be having about how the USA has altered the nature of pizza to create the very un-Italian "pizza pie"...

;)