Poku Songs I Learned From Terminus Legion

quesadiaz

Registered
Nov 10, 2014
Hey guys, so I was down in Charleston last weekend to see the CCC and met a bunch of guys from the Terminus Legion - who, by the way, are an awesome group of supporters - and they were nice enough to share some songs they had for Poku, as he was previously one of the star prospects of the Silverbacks and received a lot of love from the TL. Not sure how much playing time he'll get at this point for NYCFC - though he's been looking pretty strong throughout the preseason - but would be nice to use them when appropriate:

TL, knowing that Poku's role model is Yaya Toure, sang a variant chant of this:
maybe change lyrics to "N-Y, N-Y-N-Y, N-Y-N-Y, N-Y-C Poku / Kwadwo, Kwadwo-Kwadwo, Kwadwo-Kwadwo, Kwadwo-Kwadwo Poku..." (repeat)

...they also sang when he scored, to the tune of Biz Markie's You've Got a Friend, "Poooooooku, you got what I neeeeeeed, when you score a bunch of goals, when you score a bunch of goals"

and lastly (unrelated to Poku), when OCSC players faked injuries/penalties, a guy with a trumpet stood up and played "taps" which if you are unaware but is a military salute to fallen soldiers...beautiful song but hilarious in this context. Not sure if we can bring trumpets in to YS at this point (which is pretty lame) but is a pretty sure-fire way to get a laugh out of the crowd and could be a fun tradition.

...they also sang when he scored, to the tune of Biz Markie's You've Got a Friend, "Poooooooku, you got what I neeeeeeed, when you score a bunch of goals, when you score a bunch of goals"

I don't think I've ever heard Biz Markie's cover of this James Taylor classic...

Perhaps you meant Biz Markie's, "Just A Friend"?

"Kwadwo, Kwadwo-Kwadwo, Kwadwo-Kwadwo, Kwadwo-Kwadwo Poku..."

I'm down for the this chant! I just hope that enough people can pronounce his first name well enough. lol

I had this going through my head all morning (the real version not the James Taylor version). :cool:
Hot damn, I am ready for Sunday!

just a minor correction: i think they sang the song as "Kwadwo Pokuuuu-u, you got what I neeeeeeed, when you're scorin' lots of goals, when you're scorin' lots of goals."

Reactions: Paul
The Terminus Legion guys taught me the same chants! (They're all about the Poku).

For the Yaya chant, I would suggest just doing the first line with "Kwado, Kwado, Kwado... Kwado. Poku!" then reversing it: "Poku, Poku, Poku... Kwado. Poku!"

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders