Potential Loanees From Manchester City

BlueWarrior

Registered
Jun 9, 2014
CT
As we are well aware of, man city has said they would allow us 4 city players on loan. So I decided to make a forum citing some of the best players in their academy that we have a reasonable shot at. So who would you guys take out of these?

1st up- Godway Donyoh ST/LM/RM. He is a speedy forward/winger who has spent the past season playing in the Swedish Allsvenskan. Personally, I love speedy forwards/wingers; even if they are raw. Look at what Manneh has done in vancouver. Not much on youtube about him tho; except this goal. Anyone actually watch the kid live?

2nd up- George Evans CM/CDM. 20 yrs old next season. From the little I have read/seen on him; looks like the prototype English midfielder. Spent last season on loan to Crewe Alexandrea in the 3rd division, notching a goal against Port Vale in the process. He played 24 games across all competitions.

Here he is listed on man citys youtube series, ONE TO WATCH, Along withs his goal following that.

3rd up- Jose Angel Pozo- ST. 18 yrs old. Built up by scouts as one of the most enticing prospects of the academy. He led the academy in scoring last season. He was signed from Real Madrid at 15 yrs old. Scouts are saying he is ready for the transition to playing for a 1st team.

[

4th up- Jason Denayer CB- 19 yrs old. The belgium youth international has received favorable comparisons to compatriot Kompany. He is a big boy.

5th up- Albert Rusnak= AM/LM/RM- the soon to be 20 yr old slovakian youth international spent last season on loan to Oldham Athletic and Birmingham. Think he is ready for MLS?

6th up- Sinan bytyqi- LM/RM/AM- the 19 yr old austrian youth international exudes technical skill. Very possible to get him on loan.

7th up- Jose Angel Tasende- LB- it is no secret Left back is a hard spot to fill with quality players, especially in mls. Should we go for a kid with a bright future at left back? According to the bleacher report on him, he is a, " modern-day full-back, one comfortable in possession and adept defensively with the ability to go forward and create.He made his EDS debut at just 16, his eye-catching ability to hit a free-kick and his mature understanding of the game setting him ahead of his peers."

8th up, Mathias Bossaerts CB, Just like Denayer he is big, bad and from Belgium. Could he be ready to start in MLS?

Thanks for this, it would be really exciting to see one of MCFC's top prospects here in New York

Reactions: Kinkladze
I guess if all them can play at the level of MLS and contribute its great. Otherwise getting all 4 will suck up half of international slots. If you add Villa and Lampard or Xavi to that, you are already down to 2 open slots.

Reactions: Kjbert
Great post MagnusPax MagnusPax

Also - wouldn't MCFC want these guys playing in Holland or the Championship - leagues with solid histories of helping to develop young players?

Also - wouldn't MCFC want these guys playing in Holland or the Championship - leagues with solid histories of helping to develop young players?

Rekik played with PSV last season and had a solid season there. It really depends on the player and who is interested though.

George Evans played in the 3rd division in England, and Donyoh split the season in the 1st and 2nd division in Sweden. For these players I have listed, MLS is certainly a step up.

Also, youth academy prospect marcos lopes is loaned to Lille in france. It just depends on if they are ready.

It is very probable Kreis will not take all 4 probable loans. However, out of all of these, I think Pozo and Donyoh are the most ready to contribute 1st team minutes. Personally, I hope they get these two on loan.

Depends. Depends on the level the player is at, depends on who is interested in taking them on loan. It's been commented that loaning out to NYCFC is attractive precisely because the youths will be able to play in an environment where the style of play is exactly the same as back in Manchester. The problem with loaning to a completely different club is you can't guarantee what kind of a football education they will get. If your club plays 4-3-3 and teaches its players to run down the wings and cut in, and then you get loaned to a club that plays 3-5-2 with a central playmaker who is far better than the rest of the team, you're going to have to learn a completely different style of play. It may give you a lot of experience at the highest level, and make you a more versatile player, but you return to your club having forgotten how to play 4-3-3.

Question

How often can you "refresh" your squad in the MLS

If MCFC sent four loanees that were on the verge of the first team squad, and called one back, would you be allowed to replace him immediately ?

Question

How often can you "refresh" your squad in the MLS

If MCFC sent four loanees that were on the verge of the first team squad, and called one back, would you be allowed to replace him immediately ?

Null point. You can't recall players from a season-long loan.

I believe they are but I'm not sure MLS roster rules are so fluid that it would instantly free up roster spaces, international slots and wage.

I guess if all them can play at the level of MLS and contribute its great. Otherwise getting all 4 will suck up half of international slots. If you add Villa and Lampard or Xavi to that, you are already down to 2 open slots.
I'm sure some of them can ball.

We should have a pretty good mix of young and old thanks to the academy kids and Lampard, Villa and maybe Xavi.

Should be fun.

I just hope if that's true, with virtually no international or DP slots available Kreis & Reyna will be able to recruit/trade/sign 20+ MLS quality American players. Or at least 6-10 of them on the cheap.

So......just saw some clips of this fofana kid...man can he ball...he is big too.

And denayer.....

So if I were to get four players on loan, I would get Pozo, Fofana, Denayer, and maybe Rusnak, Tasende or Bytqi.

I am fairly sure we would not go to the trouble to negotiate a clause allowing up to four academy player loans to NYCFC if there were no plans to do so because of the international slot cap.

You have to expect at least a few loans and many of those players are absolutely up to MLS standard.

Considering every loan from MC will equal a int'l slot you better believe they better be starter material. Or they won't be here.