Problems At Rbny?

I've always felt with a team in NYC perhaps it was time for the Red Bulls to drop New York and change to New Jersey. Absolutely nothing wrong with that imho. Just speaking off the top of my pointy little head, I would imagine there are more people in NJ pissed at NYRB than NY based fans would be at NJRB.

Nothing but a wild shot in the dark on my part, but I think they'd pick up more fans with a change than lose. Wonder if anyone ever did any sort of study on the subject? I mean a hard core fan is a hard core fan, but the name of the game is getting the casuals to support your team.

NJ got a population of 9m.. but few teams embracing it despite playing there, madness!

I don't know guys.

RB invested a hell of a lot of money on the franchise. The stadium, the training facility, the players..

They're actually one of the better owners in MLS. I mean, does any one really believe that RB are worse owners than the Krafts?

I think its a travesty that MLS doesn't have a proper Boston franchise. So much lost potential.

NJ got a population of 9m.. but few teams embracing it despite playing there, madness!

The only team that really markets towards Jersey is the Devils. Even before the Nets moved to Brooklyn they stripped the title of New Jersey from their game day uniforms. I remember reading that most of RBNY season ticket base lives in a very close proximity to the stadium either in Northern Jersey or NYC. If they really want to market to Jersey residents they need to start marketing down the Turnpike in places like Central and South Jersey.