Q & A With R J Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Rj. What was your reaction when you got the call from NYC after being out of the sport for some time?

Hey RJ:
  • What's the squad like outside of match day and training? Who hangs out with who?
  • Who's the best FIFA player on the team? I heard Pirlo is obsessed.
  • What's your favorite place to play away from home? What's your least favorite?

Reactions: SlimShadyRus
Hey RJ,

Thanks for taking our questions. It's always great to hear from players from the club we support so dearly. A few questions I have, please answer any and all that you'd like:

I know you spent time in Manchester training with the EDS squad with other NYCFC players, but I'm wondering if the players of NYCFC have any connection to the other (part) owners, the New York Yankees, in any capacity? Do NYCFC players attend fundraisers or community events with the Yankees? Or do the two organizations have nothing to do with each other besides a business relationship?

What's the relationship between the international veterans and the rest of the squad? And is there use of translators at all when talking with other players about soccer or otherwise?

Besides playing and training, what do you like to do in and around the city when not on the pitch?

Can you talk about your timeline during a match day? I'm always intrigued by what players do to prepare themselves including pre-game rituals.

Based on the recent NYCFC video, who's the best FIFA player on the squad? Do players play regularly together? And who really is Tommy McNamara?

Thank you again and continue to train well for the upcoming season. Looking forward to seeing you at Yankee Stadium.

Between Kreis and Vieira, who would you say is better in the following areas: Training Players? Tactics? Managing Players? Why?

Who were you the most star struck by Vieira, Villa, Pirlo or Lampard?

Does the team feel that they will perform better than last year?

Thank you for doing this Q&A!

Which fanbase (outside of NYCFC's) do you think provides the best boost to their team?

and

Do you have a preference as to the location of NYCFC's permanent stadium?

If you had to play Fifa again against Poku and Tony, would you pick tommy Mac again as you teammate or someone else on the team?

Who does the team in general see as their biggest rival? Obviously there is the NY/NJ derby, but is there another team that NYCFC has developed a (less forced) rivalry with?

Reactions: SlimShadyRus
Hey RJ really nice your taking the time to answer our questions,

What are your expectations for the team this year, how far do you think we can go in MLS?

Are the team going to target the US Open Cup this year?

How will the derby against Red Bulls feel this year now that your brother is on the wrong side of the Hudson?

Reactions: JCMore
Tell us your favorite/strangest Staten Island Ferry Story. Not really a question, more of a prompt.

Thanks for doing this!

What was your favorite on-field moment with the team last year? Off the field?

Hey RJ!!!
You score the winning goal of the Hudson River Derby for NYCFC at Yankee Stadium, what is your celebration?

Status
Not open for further replies.