Ryan Meara [Goalkeeper]

I'm happy to see Saunders is getting the credit he is due. I'm sure we can all remember "the early days" when Saunders was commonly seen as a second or third string at best. I think he's surpassed all of our expectations, including those of us who thought he would do well as a starter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul
Goodbye Ryan thanks for coming and have a safe trip back to Jersey.

HonoredInferiorHorseshoebat.gif

It's funny, when the Redbulls made the trade with NYCFC for Sal Zizzo for one season of Ryan Meara, at that time I was a redbulls fan, and I thought WOW. Wtf is NYCFC thinking????????????? Ryan Meara, for one season LOAN, for Sal Zizzo? WOW....now present day where I love NYCFC and hate everything Redbull, I still have those thoughts.

let me put it this way. If Sal Zizzo was on NYCFC the whole season, he would have been one of our better mids. Better then Grabavoy, better then Tommy Mac, SMH. That was such an awful trade. Another reason this season was an absolute disaster, the trade of Sal Zizzo for Ryan Meara. Its like saying here Redbull, we will give you Sal Zizzo for free, because that's pretty much how it played out.

On another note, Ryan Meara isn't that good to begin with. He had a good half a season with Redbulls as a great surprise, but when Robles came in, he never gave that spot back. For good reason, Robles is fantastic, I am huge fan of his.