Seat Selection Process

Slick Rick

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Apr 18, 2014
Upper East Side
A preview of the virtual seat selection interface should be released soon! I believe it will be similar to what the Yankees use now, in terms of being able to click on a section/seat and see a first person view. In my opinion, it's a very well done piece of software that I am excited to take for a spin.
I also understand that the decision on having the supporters section either General Admission or designated seats has not been made but the Yankees apparently have some weight on that decision.
Ticket holders may want to give a call/email to the Club and let them know what you would prefer.

A preview of the virtual seat selection interface should be released soon! I believe it will be similar to what the Yankees use now, in terms of being able to click on a section/seat and see a first person view. In my opinion, it's a very well done piece of software that I am excited to take for a spin.
I also understand that the decision on having the supporters section either General Admission or designated seats has not been made but the Yankees apparently have some weight on that decision.
Ticket holders may want to give a call/email to the Club and let them know what you would prefer.
Sounds like something Third Rail should get involved with ASAP. The benefit of having an organized group is leverage. If all x00 members of the group make a demand, the club has an interest and obligation to (at the very least) entertain the requests or demands.

Sounds like something Third Rail should get involved with ASAP. The benefit of having an organized group is leverage. If all x00 members of the group make a demand, the club has an interest and obligation to (at the very least) entertain the requests or demands.

Also, one of the options mentioned by one of the reps was the possibility of it being GA with Third Rail having a designated "roped off" section inside the supporters section. This may or may not be something that the TR board has been out in front of and are working on. I don't know, I just called in to ask a few questions and nosed around a bit.

I like the idea of having a designated seat, since I'm sure I am one of the very first on the seniority list. This would allow me, for example have a front row or aisle seating of my choice.
On the other hand, I do like the concept of freedom of movement/organization that GA would provide. I see benefits of both designated and GA seating.
This example is obviously for Supporters Section only.

Also, one of the options mentioned by one of the reps was the possibility of it being GA with Third Rail having a designated "roped off" section inside the supporters section. This may or may not be something that the TR board has been out in front of and are working on. I don't know, I just called in to ask a few questions and nosed around a bit.

I like the idea of having a designated seat, since I'm sure I am one of the very first on the seniority list. This would allow me, for example have a front row or aisle seating of my choice.
On the other hand, I do like the concept of freedom of movement/organization that GA would provide. I see benefits of both designated and GA seating.
I'm not too crazy about TR having a roped off section. It was repeated a number of times that the Supporters Section was open to everyone, not just members of Third Rail. If it's a decision made by the Third Rail, then it should have been brought up to members to decide what they'd prefer. If it is a decision of NYCFC - why are they deciding what the SG does?

In the true spirit of a Supporters Section, it should be GA. It'd be kind of shitty if there was a block of empty SS seats because a handful of TR guys didn't show up for any particular reason.

I'm not too crazy about TR having a roped off section. It was repeated a number of times that the Supporters Section was open to everyone, not just members of Third Rail. If it's a decision made by the Third Rail, then it should have been brought up to members to decide what they'd prefer. If it is a decision of NYCFC - why are they deciding what the SG does?

In the true spirit of a Supporters Section, it should be GA. It'd be kind of shitty if there was a block of empty SS seats because a handful of TR guys didn't show up for any particular reason.

The Third Rail is aiming for a roped off section. I cannot say that this is 100% confirmed by the club, but all of our discussions with the club have been aiming for this. Reasons for having our section will primarily benefit the Third Rail operationally as security will know who we are and assist/permit tifo and any other Third Rail specific game day activities.

A roped of section also allows us to police ourselves better. We do not want to get in hot water with the league or the team for a group of fans in the supporter section that are cursing or violating the rules that are not in the Third Rail. We want to do our best to represent the club in a positive way so we will need to hold ourselves accountable. The section will also be strategically placed to capitalize on camera viewing angles of the stadium (so viewers will see the section and the fans)

Eventually, as the SG grows, the section will be filled up with Third Rail members beyond the roped off section.

Personally and unofficially, I don't really mind either way. I suppose there are some downsides to a roped off section but I'll be sitting with the Third Rail regardless. Also, anyone is welcome to become a member of the Third Rail if they choose.

I want to but it's tough for me to get down in person during the week. The weekends maybe I can, of course when the website is up I will gladly pay the dues no problem.

Reactions: Samuel Youn
And when I say down I mean across the Hudson haha. A little under 2 hrs by train, but that gives me a solid 2 hrs to pregame. Before the pregame then go to The game!

yeah samuel idk about the whole roping off thing (idk if they would even let us bring that in the stadium it may pose a hazard if we have to exit quickly) as far as i know Third rail will be sitting in 237-238 like samuel said so we can be seen on the TV and as our members grow we will expand left 236 then 235 after that but even if you wont be a paid member of the third rail and you sit in the supporters section you will still be considered a supporter and obviously make witty chants with us and wave flags and whatnot

yeah samuel idk about the whole roping off thing (idk if they would even let us bring that in the stadium it may pose a hazard if we have to exit quickly) as far as i know Third rail will be sitting in 237-238 like samuel said so we can be seen on the TV and as our members grow we will expand left 236 then 235 after that but even if you wont be a paid member of the third rail and you sit in the supporters section you will still be considered a supporter and obviously make witty chants with us and wave flags and whatnot

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean a literal roped off section. I meant to say a Third Rail Members only section. I don't believe there will be any sort of physical boundary like a rope.

Reactions: Buckley
Sorry for the confusion, I didn't mean a literal roped off section. I meant to say a Third Rail Members only section. I don't believe there will be any sort of physical boundary like a rope.
ahh gotcha haha

Maybe this is something I should know but haven't noticed, but will be important as to where some may want to sit:

Does the home team (NYCFC, duh) always shoot towards the same goal in the first half of every match? Or is there a coin flip and the winner chooses which goal they would like to attack?

Maybe this is something I should know but haven't noticed, but will be important as to where some may want to sit:

Does the home team (NYCFC, duh) always shoot towards the same goal in the first half of every match? Or is there a coin flip and the winner chooses which goal they would like to attack?

I don't know about MLS, but I'm pretty sure most European leagues use a coin flip.

Every soccer game begins with a coin flip. The winner of the flip decides which direction they would like to attack. This applies from the World Cup final to the lowliest u10 match.

Reactions: Slick Rick
Typically, there is a mutual understanding before the flip starts so that the coin flip becomes ceremonial more than anything else. The home team usually shoots towards the supporters section for the second half of the game. Also, the positioning of the benches, home and away, are typically an indicator on how the sides line up.

Typically, there is a mutual understanding before the flip starts so that the coin flip becomes ceremonial more than anything else. The home team usually shoots towards the supporters section for the second half of the game. Also, the positioning of the benches, home and away, are typically an indicator on how the sides line up.
I don't think that is true. The decision about which side the captain chooses is probably done so beforehand but I don't know that the two captains reach a decision together. They may both come to the same decision about how the teams will line up but that likely happens independently. Neither do I think the positioning of the benches matters. Has a captain ever spoken about that process before? I don't remember that being addressed by any player actually.

More to the point, in a lot of the more high-profile matches these days (example being all of the Premier League games) the coin toss now takes place in the referee's changing room before the teams come out, so it happens even though it's no longer actually witnessed on camera or by the crowds.

I just received an email with the seat selection survey.

Ugggh....In the banner headline "Manchester City Official Fan Survey'