Seats for the playoffs.

Kevin

Registered
Seasoned Supporter
Jun 10, 2014
Brooklyn
One of my friends was messaged by his ticket rep saying "if NYCFC makes it to the MLS Cup we will get compared seating at preferred pricing." Basically saying we don't keep our seats, instead of we get similiar seats to our pricing. Does anyone know if this is true or can elaborate? How is it done for the Rangers, or Knicks (if anyone can remember that far back) ?

Reactions: LostAnvil
One of my friends was messaged by his ticket rep saying "if NYCFC makes it to the MLS Cup we will get compared seating at preferred pricing." Basically saying we don't keep our seats, instead of we get similiar seats to our pricing. Does anyone know if this is true or can elaborate? How is it done for the Rangers, or Knicks (if anyone can remember that far back) ?
Honestly wouldn't be surprised as its not supposed to benefit one team over the other.

I think we wrote about it in the playoff thread. But it's a good question. Here's the answer:

The MLS Cup has its own ticket rules. The MLS owns all the tickets to it and gives out many to its sponsors, sells them, etc... each competing team is also allocated a certain number of seats as well. The teams do their best to offer them up to season ticket holders first.

What does this all mean? Basically, expect all/most the good seats (legends, delta sky, my section 103 behind the bench) to all go to MLS Suits, FIFA officials, sponsors, etc... sections in the 200s will be allocated to the 2 teams.

But... we have an advantage over any other team in the league. Our stadium is expandable. That means any season ticket holder who wants a seat can probably get one. We'd just open up the 300 and 400 sections to meet demand. MLS will be happy to and cash in on all the extra tickets sold and concessions opened up. It would be an amazing atmosphere and all fans get to attend.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised as its not supposed to benefit one team over the other.
It says in the benefits page that we get "First right of refusal to your seats for playoffs."
and "Hassle free auto-renewal program so Members never have to worry about missing a deadline,
losing their seats, or securing playoff tickets – you can cancel at any time with 30 days’ notice"

It says in the benefits page that we get "First right of refusal to your seats for playoffs."
and "Hassle free auto-renewal program so Members never have to worry about missing a deadline,
losing their seats, or securing playoff tickets – you can cancel at any time with 30 days’ notice"

There's fine print that states MLS Cup doesn't count. In their minds "the playoffs" are to reach the cup. Then the cup is its own animal.

I've stated on here if we make it to the MLS, I will personally write to Don Garber demanding my Pitchside Seats for MLS Cup.

Also given that Yankee Stadium has a ton of suites, I don't think it will be a problem to make all of FIFA, MLS, and Sponsors happy without giving up too many seats.

Interestingly, my ticket rep who previously worked for the Sounders said MLS Cup tickets were included with season tickets (as in you could buy them like we are for the playoffs). But the Sounders were never in the MLS Cup, but they did host when MLS Cup was doing neutral sites in 2009.

Reactions: NYCFCfan and adam
I've stated on here if we make it to the MLS, I will personally write to Don Garber demanding my Pitchside Seats for MLS Cup.

Also given that Yankee Stadium has a ton of suites, I don't think it will be a problem to make all of FIFA, MLS, and Sponsors happy without giving up too many seats.

But... where will Sep sit???

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Think of MLS Cup as a special event run by the league. It's no different from how the Superbowl would be if a team happened to make it when they were hosting it. MLS controls ticket sales, but we will have special access of course. With 25-30k seats in YS not claimed by NYCFC season ticket holders, everyone will get access. Anywhere from 2-10k will go to the opposing team, and with it being a western conference team, especially if it's lowly supported clubs like FCD or Colorado, they won't be taking too many seats. If you sit in the 100's, you will almost certainly be able to stay in the 100's, as i'd imagine they don't give out more than a 1-2k to "suits and sponsors."

I will be very happy if we are able to host MLS Cup, but I will spend those two weeks away from this forum as I can't handle the pussy fest that would ensue from people complaining.

I will be very happy if we are able to host MLS Cup, but I will spend those two weeks away from this forum as I can't handle the pussy fest that would ensue from people complaining.

HAHA! fair point! we made playoffs in Year 2 and people immediately started complaining about a miniscule increase in the price for playoff tickets. MLS Cup will be a shit show of unhappiness. Might follow your advice.

Think of MLS Cup as a special event run by the league. It's no different from how the Superbowl would be if a team happened to make it when they were hosting it. MLS controls ticket sales, but we will have special access of course. With 25-30k seats in YS not claimed by NYCFC season ticket holders, everyone will get access. Anywhere from 2-10k will go to the opposing team, and with it being a western conference team, especially if it's lowly supported clubs like FCD or Colorado, they won't be taking too many seats. If you sit in the 100's, you will almost certainly be able to stay in the 100's, as i'd imagine they don't give out more than a 1-2k to "suits and sponsors."

There's going to be kitties?!?!?!

Doesn't the higher ranked team host the game? Unless everything goes south for Colorado & FCD these last two games, we wouldn't host them - they'd host us. Now an LA/NYCFC final in NYC would be absolutely epic and be a TV ratings bonanza.

Doesn't the higher ranked team host the game? Unless everything goes south for Colorado & FCD these last two games, we wouldn't host them - they'd host us. Now an LA/NYCFC final in NYC would be absolutely epic and be a TV ratings bonanza.
True, but it is still technically possible that we could win the SS, and somewhat more likely that we could finish above one of those teams and that team makes it to the cup.

Of the potential West coast playoff teams, I think only Seattle, LAG, and Portland would travel with significant number of fans. SKC and RSL would be pretty strong, but not at the same level as the above three. FCD and Colorado would bring at best 2k, they don't really have large supporter's bases. They struggle to fill out their small little stadiums at home.