Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I don’t keep kosher anymore so it’s not relevant to me, but god I really hope our stadium whenever it’s built has a kosher stand. It costs next to nothing to have the setup Yankee Stadium has yet Red Bull and Subaru have zero options in two of the most Jewish areas of the country.

Reactions: adam and Shwafta
I don’t keep kosher anymore so it’s not relevant to me, but god I really hope our stadium whenever it’s built has a kosher stand. It costs next to nothing to have the setup Yankee Stadium has yet Red Bull and Subaru have zero options in two of the most Jewish areas of the country.

This! Although with the new set schedule most games will be either Wednesday or Saturday eliminating the ability to sell kosher food at most matches.
I'd take some more vegetarian options though. Bareburger had some great vegetarian and vegan items.

Reactions: adam and Shwafta
I wish, but with the saturday game overload scheduled for the future..... :/

But my main point, and why it’s in the stadium thread, is if we move to WP it cuts our last ties with the Yankees, who have been a piss poor partner for this team. Maybe they finally choose to sell back their 10% stake, maybe they keep it as an investment. Either way, they won’t have any say anymore in how the team is both broadcast & marketed and where/when they play. And that’s a huge win for this franchise.

Do we not think they'd still have some sway when it comes to utilizing "legends" for concessions? Not sure how it'd all work, hope they would not use them, but I can also see how they would.

Do we not think they'd still have some sway when it comes to utilizing "legends" for concessions? Not sure how it'd all work, hope they would not use them, but I can also see how they would.
I want the Yankees to go away, but even if NYCFC moves to WP, the Yankees are not going to sell their interest in the team. The Yankees originally had 20% in the JV, in the hopes for the team to build a stadium and have legends be the concession provider for the team. Further, the JV allows the team to broadcast Man City games and City TV. This is inventory for the YES network which it does not have to produce. The team has produced all the Yankeeographies (sp) for the relevant players. The Yankees are not going to sell that future revenue or "free" tV inventory to the Mets and SNY (still owned by the Wilpons and not Cohen)

I want the Yankees to go away, but even if NYCFC moves to WP, the Yankees are not going to sell their interest in the team. The Yankees originally had 20% in the JV, in the hopes for the team to build a stadium and have legends be the concession provider for the team. Further, the JV allows the team to broadcast Man City games and City TV. This is inventory for the YES network which it does not have to produce. The team has produced all the Yankeeographies (sp) for the relevant players. The Yankees are not going to sell that future revenue or "free" tV inventory to the Mets and SNY (still owned by the Wilpons and not Cohen)
Thats my fear too. Legends is the worst!

Reactions: Kenny
I'm afraid this may be true. We're cheap filler content for them and a little extra scratch at the concessions, and not much more. They're not going to put in much effort for us (they couldn't even bother to give us a proper championship banner).

I think they still own a 20 percent stake in the franchise though, yes? It's going to be tough to wedge them out. At the current valuation, without factoring in any future revenues or any other considerations, they're looking at something just under $140 million for their share. Figure that to be the floor for any discussions.

But you never know. They certainly don't need the money. The Yankees Blew It (Again) But The Steinbrenner Family Is Richer Than Ever Thanks To George’s Legacy

It all makes me wonder, if some beloved (or unknown) wealthy NYer stepped in to buy into the team, would you rather they buy out the Yankees or CFG?
There’s no reason that anyone would pay good money for a minority stake in the club, knowing CFG had full control. Has to be all or none, IMO.

This! Although with the new set schedule most games will be either Wednesday or Saturday eliminating the ability to sell kosher food at most matches.
I'd take some more vegetarian options though. Bareburger had some great vegetarian and vegan items.
This. Honestly. “Non-kosher” i.e. no kosher label vegan food (which is automatically kosher) tastes better than most kosher meat & milk foods. Just have a vegan only stand and it’s healthier and better. It also serves a wider population.

There’s no reason that anyone would pay good money for a minority stake in the club, knowing CFG had full control. Has to be all or none, IMO.
If CFG has full control they can put whatever vendors they want. I’m sure they’ll listen to us season ticket holders who have been bitching about legends food for almost a decade. They are in the business to sell the food and drinks. Not cook it and let it go to waste.

Attachments

• 957860FC-16D9-479B-AE4B-71F8D8FC9EE2.jpeg
    957860FC-16D9-479B-AE4B-71F8D8FC9EE2.jpeg
    394.5 KB · Views: 53
  • DBABBB2F-6558-4A5D-9033-E8CDE2E3930A.jpeg
    DBABBB2F-6558-4A5D-9033-E8CDE2E3930A.jpeg
    587.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 782A4E67-6E76-4A05-A7E3-B94D31758D68.jpeg
    782A4E67-6E76-4A05-A7E3-B94D31758D68.jpeg
    657.9 KB · Views: 53
Knowing the pushback, safe to assume they will have a lot of T’s crossed by then?
After reading the espn article about the potential playoffs they mention the next board board of governors meeting is on Nov. 15. So I am wondering if that date that Jordan Griffon mentioned is actually for the team to tell MLS it is pot committed to HRY or Willets Point and not to the general public. I don’t invision the MLS would want stadium news to supersede any other announcements like a new playoff system.

After reading the espn article about the potential playoffs they mention the next board board of governors meeting is on Nov. 15. So I am wondering if that date that Jordan Griffon mentioned is actually for the team to tell MLS it is pot committed to HRY or Willets Point and not to the general public. I don’t invision the MLS would want stadium news to supersede any other announcements like a new playoff system.

I don't think we are a big enough part of the total MLS news sphere that anyone would care if we announced a stadium at the same time as the new playoff system came out.

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't think we are a big enough part of the total MLS news sphere that anyone would care if we announced a stadium at the same time as the new playoff system came out.
Are you kidding? The announcement of an NYCFC stadium would dash the ENTIRE mls ecosystem of baseball stadium jokes, it would be like a league-wide day of mourning

Are you kidding? The announcement of an NYCFC stadium would dash the ENTIRE mls ecosystem of baseball stadium jokes, it would be like a league-wide day of mourning

there will be at least a 3 year grace period before those baseball stadium jokes go away. lol.

i'll be happy if we can somehow manage to only switch between YS and Citi field next year, though at least for USOC, we're likely going to St. Johns