Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Doesn't sound like founding members are getting bricks in the stadium anymore. But they'll probably send us a real brick (or likely pick one up because the shipping costs of that would be massive).
How did you arrive at that conclusion?

I guess he mentioned there may be some variability so maybe technically it doesn't end up being a brick, but something very close. He specifically said yesterday that founding members were promised a brick so they'll be getting a brick.

Reactions: COLINMOUTH
How did you arrive at that conclusion?

I guess he mentioned there may be some variability so maybe technically it doesn't end up being a brick, but something very close. He specifically said yesterday that founding members were promised a brick so they'll be getting a brick.
My reading was it would look better is the names are all etched in as part of a wall. A guess they can do some design work so there's a box around each name so it looks more brick like. But maybe not an actual brick by brick wall.

The biggest takeaway is that Sims really knows how to stretch out an answer to take up all the available interview time on the least amount of questions.

I will say this, though. I like how much he cares, and how hard he's working. You can tell that he's completely stuck in on every aspect of the club in a way that's super relatable and interesting.

Reactions: daveh and gbservis
My reading was it would look better is the names are all etched in as part of a wall. A guess they can do some design work so there's a box around each name so it looks more brick like. But maybe not an actual brick by brick wall.

The biggest takeaway is that Sims really knows how to stretch out an answer to take up all the available interview time on the least amount of questions.
Whats cool is, bricks sometimes end up in walls. lol

Reactions: Joe_Cos and CCMore
My reading was it would look better is the names are all etched in as part of a wall.
This was always the plan. Some just forgot.

"The opportunity to have your name etched in stone and on display at our future soccer-specific stadium."

1719495341730.png

This was always the plan. Some just forgot.

"The opportunity to have your name etched in stone and on display at our future soccer-specific stadium."

View attachment 13412
Ahhh, so it is

Founding members [multiple] get a [one] brick.

Just one big ass brick for everyone

Do we think the first team might play here instead of RBA? I guess we'll find out in October.

5000 capacity seems like it's unlikely that we ever play here except for USOC if we ever participate again.
I expect that you are correct, but I wish you weren't. How many times have we drawn much more than 5k to RBA? Probably better to pack them in at Icahn, in the City, at a higher price point as well.

Here's the original story. I looked around and didn't see it reported anywhere else, and there isn't anything official on our site or on Randall Island's, at least not yet. They do mention the investment and the upgrade of the pitch without getting into detail, though.

Looks like a legitimate scoop by amNY. Very cool.

Here's the original story. I looked around and didn't see it reported anywhere else, and there isn't anything official on our site or on Randall Island's, at least not yet. They do mention the investment and the upgrade of the pitch without getting into detail, though.

Looks like a legitimate scoop by amNY. Very cool.

The upgrades started back in august? Nycfc FO really like to keep things under wraps

Reactions: KevinJRogers