Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As I stated earlier, I see no difference between having Red Bull and Etihad on jerseys. Both companies paid money, some more than others, to advertise their company in one form or another.
Totally understand. My Man City jerseys all say Thomas Cook on them but now it's Etihad. But my point is that it's still Man City regardless of what's on the shirt. Etihad is not the identity of either Man City or us, but Red Bull *is* the identity of the New Jersey team. To me that's just too weird. It's like if they renamed the Yankees to something like the Chevy's.

I don't remember which one it was but one team in England had the owner try to change the identity of the team. They were navy and white (or something) for 100 years and he changed them to red and people refused to buy the shirts or wear the new colors. Just recently, like in the past few years.

The identity is with the team, not the owners or their branding. But to me it felt like Red Bull threw out the whole team and started over.

This is probably off topic but I wonder what the stadium name will be? "Etihad Stadium"? I would like to see more of a "New York City Stadium" type name.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Totally understand. My Man City jerseys all say Thomas Cook on them but now it's Etihad. But my point is that it's still Man City regardless of what's on the shirt. Etihad is not the identity of either Man City or us, but Red Bull *is* the identity of the New Jersey team. To me that's just too weird. It's like if they renamed the Yankees to something like the Chevy's.

I don't remember which one it was but one team in England had the owner try to change the identity of the team. They were navy and white (or something) for 100 years and he changed them to red and people refused to buy the shirts or wear the new colors. Just recently, like in the past few years.

The identity is with the team, not the owners or their branding. But to me it felt like Red Bull threw out the whole team and started over.
Yes, I can understand the "identity crises", with having a brand name as the official team name. From that perspective I see your point. Kudos!

Cardiff City's owner Vincent Tan changed their traditional blue and white to red and also the club crest in exchange for investments. But the colours was reversed back in January this year.

Reactions: Kjbert
This is probably off topic but I wonder what the stadium name will be? "Etihad Stadium"? I would like to see more of a "New York City Stadium" type name.
I was thinking about it myself. Being that we have no storied history like the Yankees, the stadium will certainly have a corporate tag to it.

Reactions: Goodfella
Cardiff City's owner Vincent Tan changed their traditional blue and white to red and also the club crest in exchange for investments. But the colours was reversed back in January this year.
Yes, thank you, that was it. Didn't remember which team it was, and am also glad it got changed back.

For the record, there's a difference between a stadium's name and it's sponsored name. If you don't like the sponsored name, just use the unsponsored one.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Giants are a big deal and they now play in MetLife stadium.

No issues on my end with us playing in the Etihad.

What's more important is what will be the nickname? We Americans are great at coming up with nicknames for stadiums - Jacobs Field (The Jake), Veterans Stadium (The Vet), Shark Tank, The Garden, Big House, Dean Dome. You get it.

Etihad Stadium - The Had? The Yeti? Yuk.

For all I care they can call the effin' thing "The House That de Blasio Built" as long as they get a deal done. ;)

Reactions: Kjbert
Possible Stadium Names:
- City of New York Stadium (like City of Manchester Stadium; City of New York is the official name of the city)
- Etihad Stadium (like Etihad Stadium which City of Manchester Stadium is also known as)
- There are no other sponsors that CFG would allow to have naming rights so its one of those two unless there is a non-sponsor name like Bronx Stadium or City Stadium, etc.

Possible Nicknames:
- Sheik Shack (And they'll have a location on the stadium grounds)
- The Only Professional Soccer Stadium in New York City (fuck New Jersey)

Forget about stadium names. What about all the possible corporate team names there could be?

Is NY Red Bulls really the worst? What about (all paired with actual organizations in the team cities):

Colorado Red Robins
Colorado Junior Achievements (I kinda like this one.)
Golf Channel Orlando
New England Tampax (please, someone make this happen)
Chicago Turtle Wax
Portland Betty Rides
Houston Luby's

Or totally awesome (still real companies in these cities):

Seattle Vulcans
Miami Bang Bros (real company - it's in Wikipedia - must be true)

Forget about stadium names. What about all the possible corporate team names there could be?

Is NY Red Bulls really the worst? What about (all paired with actual organizations in the team cities):

Colorado Red Robins
Colorado Junior Achievements (I kinda like this one.)
Golf Channel Orlando
New England Tampax (please, someone make this happen)
Chicago Turtle Wax
Portland Betty Rides
Houston Luby's

Or totally awesome (still real companies in these cities):

Seattle Vulcans
Miami Bang Bros (real company - it's in Wikipedia - must be true)

The Miami Bang Bros FC would require 18+ or 21+ depending on location.

I think Etihad in the name is very likely, unless some other sponsor unexpectedly makes an enormous offer. If it is Etihad they will probably vary it slightly from Etihad Stadium to distinguish it from ManC's stadium.

For the record, there's a difference between a stadium's name and it's sponsored name. If you don't like the sponsored name, just use the unsponsored one.

If a brand new stadium is named via sponsorship it usually doesn't have an official unsponsored name. Foe example, Citi Field is just Citi Field as far as I know..