Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Tarp off the upper sections, less security/gates and personnel working. It's reasonable. And I don't think CFG would operate a NWSL team to make money.
There's a way to do anything, but not always a reason to do it.

There's a way to do anything, but not always a reason to do it.

The reason is simple. MSG does everything. The yanks and mets have over 80 home games. You are going to construct a 1/2 billion + dollar arena to play 17-20 games? That will not bring enough revenue for the city. Yes you can have a few international matches and maybe concerts. But it's all about the city making money. If you can house two professional teams it may help things along. The NWSL has many challenges, but I think if they placed teams in good MLS markets, it could be sustainable. It's obviously not gonna fill even half the stadium, but it sure as hell beats using it for high schoolers.

The reason is simple. MSG does everything. The yanks and mets have over 80 home games. You are going to construct a 1/2 billion + dollar arena to play 17-20 games? That will not bring enough revenue for the city. Yes you can have a few international matches and maybe concerts. But it's all about the city making money. If you can house two professional teams it may help things along. The NWSL has many challenges, but I think if they placed teams in good MLS markets, it could be sustainable. It's obviously not gonna fill even half the stadium, but it sure as hell beats using it for high schoolers.

You need to get on the phone to the people who manage Red Bull Arena, the Stubhub Center, PPL Park, Sporting Park and the other 8 MLS soccer specific stadiums that don't host high school or NWSL games and let them know they are missing out on a money-making opportunity.

Sky Blue FC averages 1,600 fans per game in one of the biggest youth soccer markets in the country.

Reactions: Kjbert
You need to get on the phone to the people who manage Red Bull Arena, the Stubhub Center, PPL Park, Sporting Park and the other 8 MLS soccer specific stadiums that don't host high school or NWSL games and let them know they are missing out on a money-making opportunity.

Sky Blue FC averages 1,600 fans per game in one of the biggest youth soccer markets in the country.

You obviously missed my point but it doesn't mean that much to me to try and explain.

The Man City women play in a 7k capacity stadium built at the CFA campus next to Etihad stadium.. But yeah, they share it with the youth academy, and they average less than Sky Blue FC.

Funny you should say that..

2014 MCFC Women start their first season in FAWSL (U.K) after CFG have incorporated the former ladies team that was a minor independent entity in the lower divisions.

2015 Melbourne City launch their first ever womens team..

Can we image that 2016 NYCFC commit themselves to start a NWSL team as soon as they got clarification about a stadium?

Glenn Crooks ‏@GlennCrooks 2h2 hours ago Bronx, NY
'@NYCFC Sporting Director @CReynaNYCFC has spoken to @SkyBlueFC officials - has desire to explore having a women's team - it is in the plans

Well, it seems that things are heading in this direction at least..

Glenn Crooks ‏@GlennCrooks 2h2 hours ago Bronx, NY
'@NYCFC Sporting Director @CReynaNYCFC has spoken to @SkyBlueFC officials - has desire to explore having a women's team - it is in the plans

Well, it seems that things are heading in this direction at least..

That was always in the pipeline. Over a year ago there was talk about NYCFC simply buying out the Sky Blue program, and with CFG's commitment to developing women's football, they were always going to pursue a women's team in New York. The only real question here is whether they were talking to Sky Blue for the purposes of knowledge-sharing or whether they are looking at another direct link to the Sky Blue organisation.

You obviously missed my point but it doesn't mean that much to me to try and explain.
If your point was anything other than "they should do high school and NWSL games to generate profits that would help justify building the stadium" than you may need to improve your written communication skills.

If your point was anything other than "they should do high school and NWSL games to generate profits that would help justify building the stadium" than you may need to improve your written communication skills.
That's what I got out of it too but it doesn't mean that much to me to go back to see if I read it wrong!!;)

Reactions: Direwolf5601
Sky Blue has turned down RedBull before.

They need to decide if they want to be outspent by CFG or join forces. I would buy season tickets if they were in Westchester or Fairfield

This is restaurant quality smartassery, right here. Someone get the burn ointment for NickA NickA ;)

Reactions: Paul
Watching the replay of todays game here tonight in Australia.

Was it me or did the turf at yankee stadium look really crappy.

A new stadium cant come soon enough.

Was it me or did the turf at yankee stadium look really crappy.
It always looks a little bit crap. Most of the pitch is fine but the part where they cover the baseball infield with temporary turf doesn't look too good. Some days you can see everyone sliding around on that part and taking huge divots but it didn't seem that bad to me yesterday.

A new stadium cant come soon enough.
Totally agree.

Maybe you should improve your reading skills you goon. I didn't say one thing about generating profits. I was speaking of the city. They want to know what tax revenue will come with any project. The more that could happen there, the more money the city will make, hence a better chance of moving it along from that stand point. I've been doing commercial real estate in Manhattan for the last 15 years and understand the politics of green-lighting a project. It's simple math. Idc if its women's soccer or monkeys on ice. It's about the taxes. That's all it's about. The city doesn't give a shit about NYCFC. They care about money. I will bet my season tickets on it. There will never ever be a SSS that only houses NYCFC in this city. Ever.

Want to think long term?

Start building a stadium in Sunnyside Yards.
"But the community opposition!"
Look to North London. What Tottenham are doing is brilliant. The Northumberland Development Project.

New stadium, hotel, apartments, public open spaces, community health center, elementary school, a technical college, supermarket and more.

"But there will be some opposition and how do we pay for it?"

Again, look to London. They're building a stadium with two seperate interchangeable pitches. One turf and one grass. The turf will be used for NFL games (at least 2 per year for the a decade).

You start building in next 5 years. Stadium could be done by 2025 give or take a year.

Why is 2025 important? Because then the Jets can opt to of their lease and move to NYC.

Think of the support this project would have! NFL, MLS, affordable housing, parks, who wouldn't love it?

Reactions: CP_Scouse
For all who haven't seen...
This used to be abhorrent to me but it doesn't bother me so much now.

They are expansive but they are pretty legitimate tourist attractions, too. I mean, we've had a bunch of Euros expressing their desire to come over and see little ol' NYCFC -- even after the fallout from Lampard-gate. I find myself wanting to go to Dallas or Atlanta or Miami or Minneapolis just to look at their stadiums, too. They're that incredible.

And between the Yankees games, the concerts, the NYCFC games, the international soccer friendlies played there, the college football games, the jobs from its construction, upkeep and gameday experiences.... I mean, the stadiums do actually put a lot of money back into the local economy as well as being a tool of advertisement for the city themselves.

This used to be abhorrent to me but it doesn't bother me so much now.

They are expansive but they are pretty legitimate tourist attractions, too. I mean, we've had a bunch of Euros expressing their desire to come over and see little ol' NYCFC -- even after the fallout from Lampard-gate. I find myself wanting to go to Dallas or Atlanta or Miami or Minneapolis just to look at their stadiums, too. They're that incredible.

And between the Yankees games, the concerts, the NYCFC games, the international soccer friendlies played there, the college football games, the jobs from its construction, upkeep and gameday experiences.... I mean, the stadiums do actually put a lot of money back into the local economy as well as being a tool of advertisement for the city themselves.

Disclaimer: Haven't watched the video.

Yeah but this is just you sitting in a chair doing a thought experiment. People have studied this for years - publicly funded stadiums do little to nothing to boost the local economy. Entertainment spending is generally fixed, so money spent at the stadium is money not spent elsewhere, resulting in a net zero gain.