Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Claudio Reyna front and center at USWNT City Hall event. de Blasio would only give us a stadium in the five boroughs if we were a NWSL team. #NotMyMayor

Funny you should say that..

2014 MCFC Women start their first season in FAWSL (U.K) after CFG have incorporated the former ladies team that was a minor independent entity in the lower divisions.

2015 Melbourne City launch their first ever womens team..

Can we image that 2016 NYCFC commit themselves to start a NWSL team as soon as they got clarification about a stadium?

Reactions: adam and FootyLovin
Funny you should say that..

2014 MCFC Women start their first season in FAWSL (U.K) after CFG have incorporated the former ladies team that was a minor independent entity in the lower divisions.

2015 Melbourne City launch their first ever womens team..

Can we image that 2016 NYCFC commit themselves to start a NWSL team as soon as they got clarification about a stadium?

NYCFC would only start an NWSL team (or buy Sky Blue FC) when it has its own stadium. Same goes for a USL squad (NYCFC2). Those teams wouldn't have anywhere to really play their matches before NYCFC has its own stadium. Yankee Stadium would only let us play games there. In the preseason before NYCFC has its own stadium, these teams would start up.

NYCFC would only start an NWSL team (or buy Sky Blue FC) when it has its own stadium. Same goes for a USL squad (NYCFC2). Those teams wouldn't have anywhere to really play their matches before NYCFC has its own stadium. Yankee Stadium would only let us play games there. In the preseason before NYCFC has its own stadium, these teams would start up.

Which somehow takes us back to the rumours about NYCFC and Columbia Univ..

RABFVSECJZIXYIU.20120725205727.jpg

I am sticking with the YS/GAL site as the eventual winner. It has EVERYTHING required and the spot has proven that it will draw fans. It was almost a done deal earlier if you believe the original stories. Whoever has to give (or get as the case may be;)) between CFG/politicians/GAL will and the obvious choice will be made...........
......or so I say every night before I go to bed!!!!:rolleyes:

I have been suspicious for the last year or two years that they are putting a LIRR station in at Sunnyside Yards. It would make sense if they are expecting a stadium. Express service to GC or Penn on Game Days.

The neighborhood is gentrifying like crazy so I can't pretend to know whats on these yuppies' minds but I think a stadium with dedicated parking would face less opposition than a housing development. The issue being there ain't enough infrastructure for any more fcking condos. The 7 train is a joke as it is during rush hours. But a stadium with dedicated parking and a partnership with one of the 10,000 youth programs in Sunnyside/Astoria/LIC would probably be an easier sell. Especially if it's a soccer specific stadium and we're not sharing it with any other teams/leagues besides the children. There's a YMCA a few blocks away near LaGuardia and there's 2-3 high schools - Aviation, The Technical Something High School (its one of the old 600 schools on the south side of QB) and I thiiiiiiiiiink there's a high school inside LaGuardia. So if it's just NYCFC and a partnership with some sort of "good for all the local children" campaign I think it might stand a chance of getting passed. There is a limited amount of "greenspace" in the immediately walkable vicinity.

Make no mistake about it though, the first mention of a concert series at that theoretical stadium and I'ma be out there NIMBY-ing my ass off.

Bard College has an affiliated HS in LaGuardia.
Is it Wagner? I feel like there's a Wagner hs over there. Or something. The point stands either way. There's enough schools & youth groups in the area to make good use of the stadium when we aren't, which I think would be a key factor in dealing with community opposition.

Is it Wagner? I feel like there's a Wagner hs over there. Or something. The point stands either way. There's enough schools & youth groups in the area to make good use of the stadium when we aren't, which I think would be a key factor in dealing with community opposition.
Looks like both Bard and Wagner.
Screen Shot 2015-07-11 at 6.47.21 PM.png

I have seen alot of ideas suggesting shared use in some form but I have not seen anyone mention that CFG/NCYFC would not want the field torn up by a bunch of high schoolers, etc. Make no mistake, this will be a grass field. I think that the idea of sharing is not what they have in mind. A turf field will also severely limit international matches, tournaments, etc that could be held at the stadium. Not ONE turf field with grass overlay has been a viable playing field.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Tbh I don't know if not sharing is a realistic option. Is there any stadium at all here in ny that doesn't get shared?

Tbh I don't know if not sharing is a realistic option. Is there any stadium at all here in ny that doesn't get shared?
Citifield, Yankee Stadium (lets be honest, NYCFC is not a permanent tenant and we are talking permanent SSS), I don't think Red Bull is now (soon to be RB2) but that is acceptable in my eyes. And to reiterate, the shared stadiums are TURF fields which won't incur game damage. At the heart of it I just don't think we are going the route of a turf field.

Maybe a SSS housing NYCFC and a NYC based women's team isn't a terrible idea.
It's hard to imagine an NWSL team playing in a 30k+ seat stadium. I think too expensive to operate such a big stadium for such small crowds.

More likely they would start something like this when they have a training facility built -- Purchase is a much more appropriate venue.

Youth teams and high schools sharing a stadium is a worst of both worlds solution -- shitty for the filed and will generate negligible money.

Reactions: Kjbert
It's hard to imagine an NWSL team playing in a 30k+ seat stadium. I think too expensive to operate such a big stadium for such small crowds.

More likely they would start something like this when they have a training facility built -- Purchase is a much more appropriate venue.

Tarp off the upper sections, less security/gates and personnel working. It's reasonable. And I don't think CFG would operate a NWSL team to make money.